Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My problem with eve

Comments

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by bhodili123
    While I appreciate the continued support of this topic, the original question has been answered. While I thank the one guy that actually stood up to me, it is not necessary. By the way your signature, is too true. I could give a lecture one of my criminal justice proffesors talked about there are no victimes only volunteers, I have better things to do with my time, I would appreciate if you guys would consider this thread closed. Thank You.
    You just wanted to throw in a last little "look at me I'm smart" comment, "you know I would tell you because I soooo know, I just don't want to!". I've taken Criminal Justice classes too, maybe I could have the privilege of hearing this little lecture of yours?

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Copeland

Ryctor it's well documented that you're the largest piece of trash in the game. Have fun sitting around empire ripping off noob corps. If your life is so hollow that the only pleasure you get is by pissing in other peoples cheerios you should just stick a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. Nobody will miss you..

Well...you will be missed....

Bye Copeland

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

No F Bomb guys

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Man all this bad blood coming from this game......I am about 3 nasty posts away from needing to play it lol image

EDIT: I'm off to do some reading about this game image

anarch

its a great game. no hold barred mmorpg. Very mature game. Get in a corp though lol

LoL! I see from your posts that the game has changed not at all.  No game should require you to mine forever to get anywhere.  No corp should expect you to devote 8+ hours a day mining so the corp can get somewhere.  Grow up it is just a game, yeh I took what was in the hangar, did they know it was me? No.  I'm not a fool I did it in the morning and I waited almost a week before I quit the corp.  You cannot attribute that to the lack of finding another decent corp.  But for God's sake grow up it is just a game.

I read this entire thread, and among a couple others it is YOU who need to grow up. You are indeed a thief and I think you would do better to earn something yourself instead of looking around for a babysitter or guardian to get it for you. Copeland might have put it too bluntly, but seriously, go play WoW and ruin their fun for a while.

There's ganking and then there's thievery. The only thing worse than a ganker is a theif.

What I do in the game, and what I do out of game are 2 distinctively different actions. 

I very much doubt that. People might act differently in video games, but it is ALWAYS their personality under a magnifying glass.

I'm downloading this game when I get home from work today, I can't help it I'm so damn intrigued.

Wow, the O.P. is such a pissant he single handedly got me to be interested in this game. All you people who posted here (except Puoltry) you are all correct and even though you might gank people and rob them, there's a difference between that and biting the hand that feeds you. I'm gonna start downloading this baby before I go to the gym and I pray that I can still get the 14 day trial. I did one before but I cancelled after logging in for like 3 seconds, too many Earth and Beyond memories.

Before this thread gets more out of hand I feel that I should put my two cents in about EVE.

EVE is probably one of the most intensive PvP style mmorpg on the market today. It is not a PvP enabled mmorpg that slaps your and penalizes you in some way. EVE is the type of mmorpg where if you can get away with it and not get caught you wont get penliazed.

33% of all players in the game (at the very least...33% is a very conservative number) are either harvesting thiefs, pirates, murderers or other types of scoundrel. That is how the game is designed. It was suppose to be like this.

You will run into people who will hijack your ship and demand a payment or be destroyed, you will encounter people who will try to shipjack you, you will encounter people who will backstab you, befriend and then kill you. You will encounter people who will be involved in a Corp for literally 6 months only to be planning the whole time to steal the Corps assets and items.

On the other hand you will find honest people, law abiding people, business people, entrapaneurs, etc.

That's just how EVE is and that is why it is so successful. You have the good and you have the bad. You have the enforcers and you have the thieves.

You also can skill up on items to prevent yourself from becoming a victim as well. EVE is truly a dog eat dog world where you can literally meet some of the best people online....and some of the worse. It was designed like this and the Developers stated this.

Dont wanna get your ore stolen in space while mining? DONT jettison out in space...buy a secured container. Dont wanna get shipjacked or held up by a Pirate? Simple, invest in MWD boosters.

Don't wanna be picked on? Join a good corp with a strong alliance.

Its just how EVE is and that's why it's one of the truest forms of mmorpg on the market today.

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

Couldnt have said it better.

In EvE you cant trust ANYONE.I dont care who it is.This is not like other games in that you can count on not being robbed walking down the street.

In EvE if you let your guard down for a second you may very well lose everything you have earned or built up.

As far as corp thieves go...well the game is designed to be able to do anything right?

Bottom line is that if the president of a corp lets everyone have access to the assets then he/she is just stupid for doing so.It would be the same thing as the president of IBM letting a disgruntled mail clerk have access to the company bank account.

Everytime i see this issue pop up every now and then i find it amazing that players get upset with the thiefs.I say more power to them.

There is no mmo on the market where it is possible for 1 player to cripple a large corporation/guild.1 player can truly have an impact in a corporation of say 2000 players.The story that develops out of that has happened on numerous occasions.

The reason that CCP doesnt change this aspect of the game is that they have truly left everything to the players.So get upset with thieves but it definetly will not be changing anytime soon.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

best thing about eve is its learning curve, since it weeds out the bnet kiddies.

• minimurrminimurr Member Posts: 1

Eve is a great game despite the few immature people that feeel they have a right to do whatever they want just because they can. If I was in that corp I would have hunted this guy down and podded him. THe world is a better place without them.

Originally posted by minimurr

Eve is a great game despite the few immature people that feeel they have a right to do whatever they want just because they can. If I was in that corp I would have hunted this guy down and podded him. THe world is a better place without them.

I know that there are places where it is more likely to get ganked or podded or whatever, but are there any truly "safe" places as in for n00bys and stuff? I'm just new to the game.

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Eve is a great game despite the few immature people that feeel they have a right to do whatever they want just because they can. If I was in that corp I would have hunted this guy down and podded him. THe world is a better place without them.I know that there are places where it is more likely to get ganked or podded or whatever, but are there any truly "safe" places as in for n00bys and stuff? I'm just new to the game.

Stay above .4 security systems and you should be relatively safe, you can still get like suicide killed by people but they'll only bother if you really piss them off ::::31::.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Eve is a great game despite the few immature people that feeel they have a right to do whatever they want just because they can. If I was in that corp I would have hunted this guy down and podded him. THe world is a better place without them.I know that there are places where it is more likely to get ganked or podded or whatever, but are there any truly "safe" places as in for n00bys and stuff? I'm just new to the game.

With the right mindset, you can do anything and everything in eve as is evident in this thread clicky

• RyctorRyctor Member Posts: 32
    There are no truely "safe" places in eve save the stations.  you can be in any system , at any time, by anyone with enough drive to make it happen.

At the Guiding Hand, we hold the contract sacred - if the client wishes us to skin a target's loved ones alive and wear their face for a mask while killing them, we will do so ~ Istvaan Shogaatsu

Wild, this game is nutty. Hopefully I don't get ganked too much being a lowly n00b. Be nice if you can just tool around for a while mining and learning stuff without being griefed.image

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

I'd just like to add...

Eve isn't so much about building up YOUR character as it is increasing the power span of your corp. It's more of a community development type deal than a character development one. So just know that going in.

• SuperstarBiHSuperstarBiH Member Posts: 7

Yeah but those few never last for long in EVE! The corp-thievs are the biggest dirt in EVE image . U can hunt 4 him and pod him, the bad thing is that he can always quit play EVE or atleast create new acc! So, all we can do about this topic is low our trust to the newbies! They can realy stab u in back, btw I'm wondering who is that corp CEO/director who give this dude roles 4 hangar/wallet!

I know that EVE is game, but honourable game. Just keep it that way and u will be fine (or don't play)

Pulse laser II

• FreeHansjeFreeHansje Member Posts: 4

Well, I am running around solo in a frigate and I enjoy myself tremendously, doing missions and such. I don't like mining either, it is boring. Also it is the easiest way to get rich,I think.
    My goal is to enjoy and not how fast can I get a battleship or dreadnought, that will take years. And I think Cruisers are the best ships, so there.
    On stealing from a corp and such, to the origimnal poster: don't be surrised if the guys you steal from are mad at you and warn everybody about your behaviour, this is part of playing Eve. To your prosecuters: guys, htis IS a game, especially a game, where you can take on a persona which is far from your real self. I would be very reluctant to draw conclusions from behaviour in a game.

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

/ignores OP...

I've been playing EVE off and on for nearly two years. I have never died. Ironic, eh, for a PvP game? But that's the sort of game EVE is. I mine, I hunt pirates, I explore. I make enough money to get the things I want.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• MasolasMasolas Member Posts: 1
    I'm not worthy image image
  • HatorianHatorian Member Posts: 164

There is one guy in there. I think he has nothing to do. He puts a bounty on my head. I don't know it a first but when the players started firing at me damn it was hell. I was a newbie that time. my bounty was 200k geezzz... I will not forget that day. That was exciting. I will hunt that guy.

Im Amazed..... NOT!!!

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

What a tragic game EVE is...

The double-standards in this thread alone are laughable.

EVE: A blight on the MMO landscape.

(That's it...this is the last thread I read in the EVE forum...I just can't keep my mouth closed when I see this level of pathetic-ness.  I'm gone...so don't even bother flaming me. image)

• fizzle32fizzle32 Member Posts: 171

Okay so you stole from the corp, but ya know every action has a consequence. Now you're limited to only crappy corps. If you don't find mining fun you don't have to mine. You can trade or manufacture or kill stuff for bounties, making 1 mil steal from corp is lame, you can make 15 mil an hour or more just by trading. You can make 15 mil an hour just ratting in 0.0. So the 1 mil you stole is nothing, and brought upon you a world of enmity, oh yeah nice trade mr "adult."

• fizzle32fizzle32 Member Posts: 171

Oh yeah one more thing.

Corp thieving doesn't work that well anymore.

Before you leave a corp you have to wait 24 hours, and the stuff you take from hangars is logged. And most corps, only the CEO has access to BP's and other valuables, they make copies for the builders, and give you rights only to the ammo hangar, which is basically all dirt cheap stuff anyway.

Please tell me again you're not that stupid...tell me you didn't ruin your whole reputation for a measly 1 mil. LOL dumbass. For 1 mil now pretty much everybody knows you're a corp thief, they will treat you like schit.

Anytime you join new corp, your old corp will send them e-mail like "be careful, this guy stole from our corp" and you will never get access to anything.

All for a measly 1 million.

ahaha fool