Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My problem with eve

bhodili123bhodili123 Member Posts: 11

I played Eve for a couple of months before quitting, this was about a year ago.  I enjoyed at first joined a corp did all of that.  I trained up to the point where I could use a cruiser the corp said they would get one for me for free blah, blah, blah.  They wanted me to mine minerals for it so I helped one saturday sitting doing nothing for 5+ hours to get my cruiser.  Seemed that wasn't good enough the corp leader said something along the lines of, "Everyone wants to go and pvp, and that is fine but you have to understand that you have to pay for it, mine for 5 days and pvp for 2 days and this corp will be more than glad to help you out."  I decided at that moment I was quitting the corp.  I waited until the next morning logged in took everything I could from the hangar and quit the corp, that was how I made my first million isk.  I decided I would join the Cursed alliance, a corp there I talked to on forums and in game, they keep telling that they will invite me once someone is on that can.  They never did, although they invited me to a "training excercise" which I went to in my noobie ship.  Of course since I had just quit the previous corp which was an enemy of their corp they were certain I was a spy.  After that I trained up to the point where I could use a battleship joined a 3rd rate corp that sucked ass, and quit not long after. 

To put it simply I am bored of all the mmo's I curently have or own.  wow/gw/eq/sb/coh/ffxi/swg/andmore.  I am thinking about returning to eve, but that previous experience really pissed me off.  Is the game any better in that sense, what can be done to avoid such things? I hate the mentality of mining 8 hours a day, I would go around ganking but I can't afford a ship to do it in etc.  So is it better please reply thanks.

Comments

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by bhodili123
    I played Eve for a couple of months before quitting, this was about a year ago. I enjoyed at first joined a corp did all of that. I trained up to the point where I could use a cruiser the corp said they would get one for me for free blah, blah, blah. They wanted me to mine minerals for it so I helped one saturday sitting doing nothing for 5+ hours to get my cruiser. Seemed that wasn't good enough the corp leader said something along the lines of, "Everyone wants to go and pvp, and that is fine but you have to understand that you have to pay for it, mine for 5 days and pvp for 2 days and this corp will be more than glad to help you out." I decided at that moment I was quitting the corp. I waited until the next morning logged in took everything I could from the hangar and quit the corp, that was how I made my first million isk. I decided I would join the Cursed alliance, a corp there I talked to on forums and in game, they keep telling that they will invite me once someone is on that can. They never did, although they invited me to a "training excercise" which I went to in my noobie ship. Of course since I had just quit the previous corp which was an enemy of their corp they were certain I was a spy. After that I trained up to the point where I could use a battleship joined a 3rd rate corp that sucked ass, and quit not long after.
    To put it simply I am bored of all the mmo's I curently have or own. wow/gw/eq/sb/coh/ffxi/swg/andmore. I am thinking about returning to eve, but that previous experience really pissed me off. Is the game any better in that sense, what can be done to avoid such things? I hate the mentality of mining 8 hours a day, I would go around ganking but I can't afford a ship to do it in etc. So is it better please reply thanks.

Your problem with EVE is you're a worthless corp thief who doesnt want to put the work in to get your stuff. Nobody here is going to sympathize with how pathetic you are. The EVE community is better without you so please just go play WoW or something else of your maturity level.

• FatalissFataliss Member Posts: 15

imageIf you wanna gank peeps in EVE,you better know what you are doing ,when you steal from your own corp,you will get a hard time coming back with your old chart,and of course you have to make money to the corporation so it can grow thats the hole idea with a corp .but if you really want to "gank" people in EVE go the pirate way ,but use a new chart not your old one ,cuz i think you get in real trouble if your old corps see you in there :)

THERE ARE NO MERCY IN EVE ONLY JUSTICE!!

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

Imagine this: you don't like your old job so you steal all their money and quit. Then you try to apply for a new job and the new manager calls up the old one just to find out that you stole their money. You complain that the job market sucks.

Doesn't that seem really stupid to you?

• PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195

Don't come back.

• bhodili123bhodili123 Member Posts: 11
    LoL! I see from your posts that the game has changed not at all.  No game should require you to mine forever to get anywhere.  No corp should expect you to devote 8+ hours a day mining so the corp can get somewhere.  Grow up it is just a game, yeh I took what was in the hangar, did they know it was me? No.  I'm not a fool I did it in the morning and I waited almost a week before I quit the corp.  You cannot attribute that to the lack of finding another decent corp.  But for God's sake grow up it is just a game.
  • BloodgoodBloodgood Member Posts: 76

LoL! I see from your posts that the game has changed not at all.  No game should require you to mine forever to get anywhere.  No corp should expect you to devote 8+ hours a day mining so the corp can get somewhere.  Grow up it is just a game, yeh I took what was in the hangar, did they know it was me? No.  I'm not a fool I did it in the morning and I waited almost a week before I quit the corp.  You cannot attribute that to the lack of finding another decent corp.  But for God's sake grow up it is just a game.

Its just a game yes. But even if its only a game, by looking at your action you lack of morale. A thief is a thief.image

To answer your question, yes, the game has changed.

But if you are not a teamplayer you wont come far in EvE. I dont think this is your kind of game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Famous people speak out:

”Im for the death penalty. If you commit a terrible crime you should have a harsh punishment...So you learn until next time.”
    -Britney Spears

• PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195

LoL! I see from your posts that the game has changed not at all. No game should require you to mine forever to get anywhere. No corp should expect you to devote 8+ hours a day mining so the corp can get somewhere. Grow up it is just a game, yeh I took what was in the hangar, did they know it was me? No. I'm not a fool I did it in the morning and I waited almost a week before I quit the corp. You cannot attribute that to the lack of finding another decent corp. But for God's sake grow up it is just a game.

You can be good or evil in the game, it is up to the person.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Um
    I may have disliked the boredom factor of the game... but I *never* stole from anyone. Matter of fact I had ore thieves steal my ore when I'd mine. and I got Pod killed by pirates in .4...

But I never once stole from a soul.... it's pretty lame that you'd steal from a group of people offering to give you a 10mil ISK ship for free.

If you don't want to mine for them? Fine... leave the corp. But stealing? LOL it's a wonder they didn't put a contract out on you.

By the way, if you'd bothered to do the introductory mission series to completion you'd have gotten an implant (that you don't need) that you could have sold for like 2 million ISK. It's not like you needed to screw over people that were willing to help you out. I *wish* I could have found a corp to play with that was on when I was. Only reason I left was severe boredom and lonely play.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• kingsownallkingsownall Member Posts: 7
    stealing huh. god tahts so noobish in my opinion. thiefs are definity in my book are losers. who said u had to mine all day. i mean u could do what u want in the game. i been playing eve for more than 7months nv hitting the 200mil mark but did i ever resort to stealing.noooo. i mean the corp i join only expects to see u active for 2 hrs. i mean u have freedom in the game like in real life. stealing in the game is a serious offense to us mmo players. stealers in the game are the worst of all types of players. do u think making money is taht easy. it takes time and patiences. which probably u didnt have. i mean once u get a lvl 2 agents or mine the roids taht give nockium. the money would start flowing in. but u chose the easy path. steal. and in real life taht gets you no where.

Thank You everyone for showing to me that eve is still not a game I would like to play.  Furthermore. I am glad that I have found more people that hate me, The list of them was actually getting very low.  So best of luck to you guys and good bye.

Thank You everyone for showing to me that eve is still not a game I would like to play. Furthermore. I am glad that I have found more people that hate me, The list of them was actually getting very low. So best of luck to you guys and good bye.

Oh... I don't hate you... I pity you. Because it's obvious that your parents did a terrible job raising you.

Sig image Pending

• TrakenTraken Member Posts: 172

If you stole everything and waited a week to quit, they know it was you. We had a corp thief once and found out who it was in 2 hours. Why? Because they can see in your hangar. ::::19::

Now go burn in a very warm place for A) being a corp thief, and B) by being an idiot and not doing your tutorial agent (sold my implant for 5 million my third day of playing).

First, do not insult my parents for my own choices.  Secondly there was no one on at the time of the theft and no one logged on until 2 hours after I finished selling the crap.  It is a video game, I play it with a decided lack of morales.  What I do in the game, and what I do out of game are 2 distinctively different actions.  Until you realize that fact I seem like a monster to you.  So be it your opinion's do not matter, but do NOT insult those kind enough to raise me. 
  • StealthKillStealthKill Member Posts: 5

i would like to point out a corp manager can look inside YOUR PERSONALL DAMN HANGAR AT WTF YOU HAVE IN IT TARD ASS, Secondly your a petty thief if that was my corp i would have hunted you o the jovian empire to kill your thieving ass and thirdly id like to say the <IRON> Pwns all *takes a bow* have a good one people except you punk thief may your guts spill into a frying pan in the pits of hell... douchebag...

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

OP has obviously never run a corporation before or was in a position of authority or he would have known that every container in the corp has an audit log which logs every transaction. They don't need to look in your hangar, all they have to do is view the logs and know instantly that you took everything.

And there's a big difference between playing the game how you want to and griefing. Getting hired by a corporation to deceive another corp and get in good with them just to take everything from them once you earn their trust is something I would consider legitimate gameplay. Taking everything from the corp just because you don't like them is simply griefing. Either way, in any player interaction game, there will be those that get ahead and those that lose out and get pissed.

First, do not insult my parents for my own choices. Secondly there was no one on at the time of the theft and no one logged on until 2 hours after I finished selling the crap. It is a video game, I play it with a decided lack of morales. What I do in the game, and what I do out of game are 2 distinctively different actions. Until you realize that fact I seem like a monster to you. So be it your opinion's do not matter, but do NOT insult those kind enough to raise me.

I didn't say you seem like a monster. I said you lack morals. And saying "It's only a game" is lame... especially in a game like EVE where it takes tons of time, resources, and energy to accomplish things. Corp thieves are the lowest of the low. At least pirates have the courage to face you in a fight. Getting a corporations trust and then turning around and swiping millions of ISK worth of assets is just .... sick...

I don't think you cheated, it was done within the confines of the game and within the rules of the game so it wasn't "wrong" in a 'game rules' sense. It was just wrong in a moral sense. But hey, I'm not the one who has to live with the consequences of that decision. In EVE you'll be branded as a corp thief. Every corp out there that you ever apply to will contact your previous corps for their impression of you. And the fact that you stole from a corp that had done nothing to deserve it is going to haunt you and force you to join only the most unscrupulous of corps in the game.

Like I said... I don't hate you... I pity you.

Sig image Pending

Originally posted by Elnator

First, do not insult my parents for my own choices. Secondly there was no one on at the time of the theft and no one logged on until 2 hours after I finished selling the crap. It is a video game, I play it with a decided lack of morales. What I do in the game, and what I do out of game are 2 distinctively different actions. Until you realize that fact I seem like a monster to you. So be it your opinion's do not matter, but do NOT insult those kind enough to raise me.

I didn't say you seem like a monster. I said you lack morals. And saying "It's only a game" is lame... especially in a game like EVE where it takes tons of time, resources, and energy to accomplish things. Corp thieves are the lowest of the low. At least pirates have the courage to face you in a fight. Getting a corporations trust and then turning around and swiping millions of ISK worth of assets is just .... sick...

I don't think you cheated, it was done within the confines of the game and within the rules of the game so it wasn't "wrong" in a 'game rules' sense. It was just wrong in a moral sense. But hey, I'm not the one who has to live with the consequences of that decision. In EVE you'll be branded as a corp thief. Every corp out there that you ever apply to will contact your previous corps for their impression of you. And the fact that you stole from a corp that had done nothing to deserve it is going to haunt you and force you to join only the most unscrupulous of corps in the game.

Like I said... I don't hate you... I pity you.

I agree.  I pity you too.

But you can always work your way backimage  Its a matter of decision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Famous people speak out:

”Im for the death penalty. If you commit a terrible crime you should have a harsh punishment...So you learn until next time.”
    -Britney Spears

• WrayethWrayeth Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by Bloodgood

At least pirates have the courage to face you in a fight.

Actually...most pirates won't face you in a fight.  They're looking for easy ganks; after all, if the target fights back, there's a possibility that said target could actually win.

Oh, and to whomever it was that posted something about having to mine - I haven't mined in almost a year and am doing quite well for myself.  There are other ways of making money.

-Wrayeth
    "Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"

Originally posted by Wrayeth

Originally posted by Bloodgood

At least pirates have the courage to face you in a fight.

Actually...most pirates won't face you in a fight.  They're looking for easy ganks; after all, if the target fights back, there's a possibility that said target could actually win.

Oh, and to whomever it was that posted something about having to mine - I haven't mined in almost a year and am doing quite well for myself.  There are other ways of making money.

Actually.. i didnt post that sentance.image

Famous people speak out:

-Britney Spears

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

Oh hell yes!!

All these people gettin on ya for doing that are just narrowminded.IMHO you took the game to the next level if anyone is to blame for a corp thief its the "president" of the corp itself for being to trusting.The president either wasnt paying attention or was to trusting in a new player.

If you want to blame anyone for this action then tell CCP about it.Ive seen a LOT worse than thievery in EvE.Ive seen whole corporations crippled by mercenaries but when they do it its ok just not for 1 person to do it.I guess it hurst more if 1 person does this rather than a group of players.

If a president is stupid enough to allow a new player access to the hangar and bank account then he/she deserves it.

All this talk about morals is just silly.This is a game and it is setup in such a way that if you are NOT paying attention you will get killed,robbed, or humiliated.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by Puoltry
    Oh hell yes!!All these people gettin on ya for doing that are just narrowminded.IMHO you took the game to the next level if anyone is to blame for a corp thief its the "president" of the corp itself for being to trusting.If you want to blame anyone for this action then tell CCP about it.Ive seen a LOT worse than thievery in EvE.Ive seen whole corporations crippled by mercenaries but when they do it its ok just not for 1 person to do it.If a president is stupid enough to allow a new player access to the hangar and bank account then he/she deserves it.

"It's the victims fault for not avoiding it!" right..... Why do we arrest criminals when it's the victim's who should be put in jail for being so stupid!?

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

Originally posted by Dinion
    Originally posted by Puoltry
    Oh hell yes!!All these people gettin on ya for doing that are just narrowminded.IMHO you took the game to the next level if anyone is to blame for a corp thief its the "president" of the corp itself for being to trusting.If you want to blame anyone for this action then tell CCP about it.Ive seen a LOT worse than thievery in EvE.Ive seen whole corporations crippled by mercenaries but when they do it its ok just not for 1 person to do it.If a president is stupid enough to allow a new player access to the hangar and bank account then he/she deserves it.

"It's the victims fault for not avoiding it!" right..... Why do we arrest criminals when it's the victim's who should be put in jail for being so stupid!?

Hey he didnt give himself access to the hangar or bank account did he now?

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

While I appreciate the continued support of this topic, the original question has been answered.  While I thank the one guy that actually stood up to me, it is not necessary.  By the way your signature, is too true.  I could give a lecture one of my criminal justice proffesors talked about there are no victimes only volunteers, I have better things to do with my time, I would appreciate if you guys would consider this thread closed.  Thank You.
  • ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

LoL! I see from your posts that the game has changed not at all. No game should require you to mine forever to get anywhere. No corp should expect you to devote 8+ hours a day mining so the corp can get somewhere. Grow up it is just a game, yeh I took what was in the hangar, did they know it was me? No. I'm not a fool I did it in the morning and I waited almost a week before I quit the corp. You cannot attribute that to the lack of finding another decent corp. But for God's sake grow up it is just a game.

I never mined a single rock. My own dreadnought will be ready within 3 weeks.
    All you have to do is find a way to make money while having fun at it. Scamming your corp definatly is not the way to go.
    It seems you're one of those peeps that think they have to get everything for free. You also seem to have no respect for other players so do us all a favor and go play WOW.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Eve is pvp, eve is politics, eve is war. Mining, researching, npcing are all a means to an end. To supply pvpers with more ships and weapons aye? If youre missing out on the pvp and the political aspect of eve youre missing out on the game.

When you start playing again, join a large alliance and move as far away from empire as possible. The only thing remotely resembling a fair fight these days are fleet battles. And those only occur in 0.0 between alliances. When you have something to fight and die for, youll find eve to be the best game out there bar none. Eve is moving into interesting times with outposts and system sovereignty.

By christmas, most large alliances should have produced a large number of dreadnaughts. I figure thats when things get REALLY interesting since right now its a pain(read impossible) to destroy any well defended player owned station.