Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

It's getting closer. ::::02::

Although lately I haven't been excited due to not playing games as much, and hearing alot about lack of content at release.

• RubycatRubycat Member Posts: 223

i dont know wether to be happy or cry.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Now this is some worthwhile news

I miss DAoC

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

This should be fun! image

lol I'm hunting for you Jackdog... man I can't wait!  image

Originally posted by blacksac

This should be fun! image
    lol I'm hunting for you Jackdog... man I can't wait!  image

Not a problem Blacksac. This can only be a good thing on several levels. It can win back some old fans such as myself,  and attract some new ones as well. It will dispel any comparison with the Mourning fiasco. Just speaking for myself here but I will go in with the attitude the game may still need quite a bit of polish, but as long as the core gameplay is there I will now have to say I will probably subscribe as long as I feel I am getting a good value for my entertainment dollar.

I miss DAoC

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

at the risk of sounding spammy

wooooOOOOOOOOOoooooo!

Make of it what you will.

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

I suggest you wait and see what the stress test has as content before you spasm in fanboi-orgasms ::::12::

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

I am reasonably sure this will only be just a stress test (minimun features), and not the full game, but it WILL be fun for many including myself, see you all there! image
  • JadalJadal Member Posts: 134

Woot!

• LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112

I am reasonably sure this will only be just a stress test (minimun features), and not the full game, but it WILL be fun for many including myself, see you all there! image

agreed now try telling 1000`s that dont want to know, that
  • TopacusTopacus Member Posts: 5

Even if it is a stress test client dose it matter that much. I think it is showing the game is progressing as much as you guys love to come here and put it down. I think a lot of us are happy to see the game progressing to the point that they can do the stress test. As some have said would never happen at all.

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

The question is, does your idea of a "stress test" mean their idea of a stress test?

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• ShadowhandShadowhand Member Posts: 100

I'm looking forward to it::::01:: I know many of the features wont be in yet but by the time they are my character will be "ready" Btw does anyone know when exactly they are putting in the politics system?

S H A D O W H A N D

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

Played - All mainstream MMORPGS/Many others.

Favorites- Dark Age of Camelot/mordred,Shadowbane , Old school Ultima Online

• mugboy312mugboy312 Member Posts: 141

i dont care what people will say about this stress test
    HAZA!!! Should be fun ::::02:: ::::06::

Thanx for the update Anubis

• strousestrouse Member Posts: 114

I sense WISH all over again..

60,000 downloads than once people play it no noe will care anymore..

• FercoFerco Member Posts: 53

That's good news! I'm looking forward to it ::::02::

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Ive never heard of a stress test where they limited the content. The only reason I can see them limiting what players can do in it is if:

A) the feature isnt finished or
    B) they dont want everyone talking about how crappy it is before its even released.

Its a little hard to test the servers limits if they dont allow everyone to go everywhere and do all kinds of stuff. That would be a stress test lite ::::12::

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

i dont know. i think it was horizons where they would have stress tests and get everyone to just log on go to certain place and do certian things. not real game playing.

not positive it was horizons, been awhile.

I have to agree with the other posters. I have never heard of limiting content in a stress test. If NPCube is going to use the line oh we are holding back things for a surprise then they are shafting them selves because I freely admit I am looking at this as a try before buy and I am sure most other people will also. NPCube has not shown a great deal of marketing and business sense so far but that cannot be that stupid or think their fans are that stupid. If they are not careful as someone else pointed out they will end up like Wish did. I hope this "limited" stress test ist a rumor for the games sake.

I miss DAoC

Zimquats said it best, and this is how I see it will happen, still it would be nice if it was the full version.

"You will be using the stress testing client, not the closed beta client (guessing from what it sounds like).  As such, you should have only about as many options for character selection as typing in your name, and only a few more options in game.  Expect to really just test the client stablity and server load in a totaly disabled client  like was stated (Stress Test).  You will be able to see a small part of the world I would bet, which will knock you socks off I am sure, but It wont spoil the game for you by any means for a november release.

Im just guessing here, I can't say for sure about any of this of course."... Zimquats

Zimquats said it best, and this is how I see it will happen, still it would be nice if it was the full version.

"You will be using the stress testing client, not the closed beta client (guessing from what it sounds like).  As such, you should have only about as many options for character selection as typing in your name, and only a few more options in game.  Expect to really just test the client stablity and server load in a totaly disabled client  like was stated (Stress Test).  You will be able to see a small part of the world I would bet, which will knock you socks off I am sure, but It wont spoil the game for you by any means for a november release.
    Im just guessing here, I can't say for sure about any of this of course."... Zimquats

OK I have suspected NPCube were idiots for a while now they have given me positive proof of it. How big of idiots do they think the fans are anyway LOL. Not worth the download unless you are a complete idiot/fanbois in my opinion

bah........ back to flame/bash mode . What they are saying with the last sentence is You will see a small part of the world to sucker you in fanboy, but not too much so it won't spoil our sales for the November paid beta when you see what a sad POS we are asking you to pay for.

I miss DAoC

• ReVeaL7ReVeaL7 Member UncommonPosts: 22

Yes I do remember Horizons Stress Test,

They would have everyone to log on, just to do Quest.

Everyone would run around to different areas until they finally received some

reward in the end. 

fulmanfu , I believe you are correct about that

ReVeaL

Originally posted by ReVeaL7

Yes I do remember Horizons Stress Test,
    They would have everyone to log on, just to do Quest.
    Everyone would run around to different areas until they finally received some
    reward in the end. 
    fulmanfu , I believe you are correct about that

ReVeaL

I was in the Horizons closed beta from about 3 months before release right up to release day and I am sure you must be thinking of a different game. Other wise no one with a ATI card would have ever bought the game because it  ran like crap on 9800 pro 256 cards but was  smooth on a Nvidia 4200ti 128. LOL seriously it wasn't HZ, Artifact pulled some stupid stunts but they never had any sort of stress test or open beta and I am sure of that. However it seems NPCube is trying to top Artifact and whatever company that was thet tried to make Mourning with this bad joke.

The funny part is now the dfanboys will lap this up and probably write gushing posts on how wonderfull NPCube is to "save the surprise for the November release" LOL.

I miss DAoC

• TopacusTopacus Member Posts: 5

Jackdog,

Please tell us what games have passed your inspection to be worth playing or buying all you ever post is negative stuff over and over I was just curious what perspective you come from as something Worth your time to play?

Originally posted by Topacus

Jackdog,
    Please tell us what games have passed your inspection to be worth playing or buying all you ever post is negative stuff over and over I was just curious what perspective you come from as something Worth your time to play?

Well a good start is a company that acts some what professional instead of this clown act. Now why don't you give me a detailed list on how NPCube impresses you with their actions. The game may well be great but the business managers over there leave a lot to be desired it seems. First the paid beta and now this horse manutre they call a stress test ..give me a break, this is not about the game it is about the company.

But to answer your question I played UO from the Aug 97 beta phase up until about mid 2001 and DAoC from a couple of months after it's release until mid 2003. Since then it has been 3 months here and month there of darn near every western MMORPG released with a few betas thrown in.

But to reiterate it is not about the game at all, the game may be great or it may be a POS. The company has the 3 stooges for CEO, CFO, and head ding a ling in charge of all else in my opinion.

I miss DAoC