Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BIG SCAM

d0gz1llad0gz1lla Member UncommonPosts: 77

well im not sure if this was the biggest scam in the histroy of mmorpg, and i dont know if this thread was in here, neither do i know if you know about this scam,..

so here is the full scam of the eve online that happened, im not even sure if it true, but it was enyojable reading, hope you will enyoj it too... :D

http://static.circa1984.com/the-big-scam.html

R.I.P my dear MOTHER (1965-2004)

Comments

• ZivaDominiZivaDomini Member Posts: 442

I've read that before.  It's kind of interesting.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Yes it's old, also the story was made up.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• BloodgoodBloodgood Member Posts: 76

Old story.. and its made up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Famous people speak out:

”Im for the death penalty. If you commit a terrible crime you should have a harsh punishment...So you learn until next time.”
    -Britney Spears

• d0gz1llad0gz1lla Member UncommonPosts: 77

to bad, image

hehe, it was good anyway....

R.I.P my dear MOTHER (1965-2004)

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Altough its true that it never happened, its a good story no less, and it could work. But to go through all that trouble for only 300 mill is borderline insanity. Would have been more staisfying to the reader if he put the scammed ammount at 4 bill or something.

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by pirrg
    Altough its true that it never happened, its a good story no less, and it could work. But to go through all that trouble for only 300 mill is borderline insanity. Would have been more staisfying to the reader if he put the scammed ammount at 4 bill or something.

When the story was made, 300mill isk was a lot of money.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• RyctorRyctor Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by pirrg

You mean like the UQS heist of 30 odd billion isk?  imageimage

At the Guiding Hand, we hold the contract sacred - if the client wishes us to skin a target's loved ones alive and wear their face for a mask while killing them, we will do so ~ Istvaan Shogaatsu

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

300mil was a lot whay back when. Now you got folks dropping 3.1bil on dreads like its nothing, just because they were lucky enough to get a piece of the tech2 bpo lottery.

Heck I'm still sore from when a corp I was in had 4 BS bpo's stolen and the MinerII bpo stolen. I'm guessing 5 bil worth at the time.

Edit: but yes I remember that story. Well written and nice fake. To bad stuff like that actually did happen.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Doesnt matter if it was fake or old, GREAT story! It reads almost as a scifi novel... the person who wrote that should go into serious writing business. Thumbs up

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• locvezlocvez Member Posts: 4

yup, 100% totally fake, but a good read :)

• lukesharpelukesharpe Member UncommonPosts: 8

The Guiding Hand heist gets a mention in the first edition of the EON magazine..

• max001max001 Member UncommonPosts: 95

took me some time to read it. still its good even though its a fake (is it?)