Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Woah! what's up with these frame rates?

LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

I thought I would give this classic a try. I DL the game and signed up for the 15 day free trial. Got it all installed and patched and ready to go. Then I hopped in the game world. I hardly lasted for 15 minutes! I can't believe how poor the frame rate is. It is chugging so bad it makes my eyes bleed and gives me a headache. I tried another shard but it was just as bad. Is this how everyone plays this game? I don't understand why the frame rates are so low. It is not like the graphics are taxing my system.

I was playing in full screen mode if that makes a difference. I really wanted to try the game out but as things stand right now UO is unplayable for me

::::06::

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

Comments

• lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855

never had any problem with chugging what are your system specs?

and full screen mode sucks not good and dont play there 3d client also sucks play 2d and none full screen mode. that should help youimageimage

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Yea I was playing 3D in full screen so that must be the prob. But I won't play in a windowed screen so I hope 2D runs fine in full screen. I am willing to settle for dated graphics, but I'm not willing to play in windowed mode.

Oh, my system specs are AMD 2ghz, 1gig Ram and a nvidia 5900 video card.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

No UO'er worth their salt would EVER play in full screen mode, let alone the 3D client.

Its windowed or nothing in UO.  Doesnt matter if you have a different opinion because its wrong....Sorry.  image

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Yes the 3D client is total crap and looks way worse imo. Also window the gamescreen, what I do is make the main screen like 1024-768 then the gamescreen like 800-600 and that leaves black empty space which is great for putting up all your skill, stat, and backpack screens etc without blocking the view of your actual game screen.

I have no probs with lag, even in the most populated areas of Malas.

- Zaxx

• PsyXPsyX Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by arrisb
    No UO'er worth their salt would EVER play in full screen mode, let alone the 3D client.
    Its windowed or nothing in UO. Doesnt matter if you have a different opinion because its wrong....Sorry. image

No Uo'er worth their salt would EVER play on a ea ran shard .. im sorry to "troll" this post ..but seriously..

everyone ..DONT PLAY UO ON EA SERVER FOR THE LOVE OF HAMSTERS ,,

..done..