Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grand Theft Auto MMORPG

XhyronXhyron Member UncommonPosts: 40

I am pretty much fed up with current and yet to be released MMORPG's all tied into the same stale genre, with the same stale skills and classes, and 'carebear' or 'blue' play systems being forced down our throats.  No game besides BOTeage II(and SWG months 1-9) had a half decent risk VS reward PvP system...and by half decent, these systems really didn't cut it.  The Zek's were also a lot of fun when you could loot items, but that is a whole 'nother story.  Ultima online was the last(and ironically first) game that really captured PvP in its truest and greatest form while every MMO after has progressively made PvP unbearably pointless.  Even World of WARcraft boasts a PvP system which is completely and utterly asinine.  There is absolutely no risk or reward for killing the same 2 or 3 retards that die and are back 1 or 2 minutes later attacking you again.  Battlegrounds was nice..  for a week...

But, back to the topic at hand.

How sweet would it be to see Rockstar actually take the leap and make a full fledged GTA MMORPG?  I am not talking that half-assed one that is in development from one of rockstars ex-gta dev's either, but an actual GTA online..

With a game like that, the possibilites are endless..  Cops, drug dealers, prostitution rings, vigilantes, thieves, car chases, car jackings, motorcycles, shoot outs, robberies, apartments, fancy villas, nudey bars, crime syndicates......all the great things from the gameline I have grown to love put into an MMO.  I would get sexually aroused if Rockstar ever started development on this game.

One can only dream.

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

There is an mmorpg that is in development by the creators of Grand Theft Auto called All Points Bulletin (APB). It's basically a cops vs gangs mmorpg.

Do some research next time image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• XhyronXhyron Member UncommonPosts: 40

" How sweet would it be to see Rockstar actually take the leap and make a full fledged GTA MMORPG?  I am not talking that half-assed one that is in development from one of rockstars ex-gta dev's either, but an actual GTA online.. "

They were the developers of the ORIGINAL grand theft auto, not 3, Vice City and San Andreas, when the gameline REALLY took off.

How bout you do some research of your own or try reading the post?

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

Ya, APB looks like it will be alot like GTA. Can't wait for it.::::15::

Originally posted by Xhyron

" How sweet would it be to see Rockstar actually take the leap and make a full fledged GTA MMORPG?  I am not talking that half-assed one that is in development from one of rockstars ex-gta dev's either, but an actual GTA online.. "

They were the developers of the ORIGINAL grand theft auto, not 3, Vice City and San Andreas, when the gameline REALLY took off.
    How bout you do some research of your own or try reading the post?

So your telling me your dissing the game before you even know if it meets up to your expatations? BTW, the guy in charge of the mmorpg is an important person to rockstar...not half-a**sed.

|

If the guy is so important to Rockstar, why isn't Rockstar giving him the rights to do as he pleases and slap a GTA title on it and go from there?  Sure would sell a ton of copies if it did. 

Why doesn't he work on the GTA series anymore?  Because he created it, sold the idea to Rockstar long ago and is no longer in the loop.

Why does the game use the 'from the creator of Grand Theft Auto' line like Adam West talking about a batcave while trying to peddle an internet videophone?

Why?  Because from what I have seen, it promises to be a second rate game.

BTW, did you get your 2500+ posts from getting in petty, pointless arguments with people?

Wow, now you assume I'm arguing? I'm merely having a conversation. Sorry if you have to be so bada*s to put my post count into this. Sorry man, but your putdowns won't get you nowhere.

Sorry if you thought I was arguing. I should have avoided it. Oh yeah, welcome to the community.

|

Don't take offense, you just came off a bit pretentious is all.  image

Thanks for the welcome.  image

Originally posted by Xhyron

Don't take offense, you just came off a bit pretentious is all.  image
    Thanks for the welcome.  image

NP, and your welcome. image

|

• djshigglesdjshiggles Member Posts: 7

I think this forum should become a MMORPG. This is good stuff.

shig

• {~MySt~}{~MySt~} Member Posts: 67
    Lmao, forums made into a MMORPG...i don't think so image

Are they really out to get me?

• EltaElta Member Posts: 297

Originally posted by {~MySt~}
    Lmao, forums made into a MMORPG...i don't think so image

/pk {~MySt~}
    to late your dead now ::::31::::::31::