Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an ACTIVE corp that operates in low sec/0.0 and accepts *new* players

ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Ok several people have laid down a challenge and, not being one to back down lightly, I'm gonna take them up on it.

I'm looking for a good corp that's very active at the hours of 8pm to about 11:30pm Eastern time (24:00 - 03:30 EVE time) and that operates in 0.0 space that doesn't mind 'new' players joining and teaching them how to survive in 0.0.

I only have about 300-400k skill points on my toon so far. Concentrated in Learning, combat and Starship Command areas.

I own 2 Cruisers 1 Frigate (Merlin) and a Indie
I'm Caldari and prefer to operate in/around Caldari space because I am a roleplayer.
I prefer mature players, I hate l33t speak.
I love using Team Speak in Sci Fi mmorpgs and in PVP
I detest Ventrillo and will *not* install it on my system.
I have kids, when they're up I won't commit to anything time consuming. Once they go to bed (usually around 8pm) I am up for just about anything.

If there's a corp out there that matches that please reply and let me know. I enjoy the game but I'm tired of being told I don't have enough skill points to join XYZ corp and I don't have the patience to play this game with either lousy corps or corps that are never on when I am or alone until I have the 'requisite # of skill points'.

I'd really like to enjoy EVE and everyone says the way to do it is to get to 0.0 as fast as possible. Since I *do* enjoy PVP I can relate but I'm not going there with a low pop Corp that is never on when I am. I even enjoy mining if enough people are on to chat with in the corp and are actively mining with me.

*here's to dreading warping through all kinds of low sec sectors to get to whoever's out there.... IF anyone is out there... that I can join*

I am not a super-typical new player. I am new to many aspects of the game but I played in the beta and have played 2 free trials as well as my 30 day period from purchasing the game recently. So I have about 30 days of played time on my current toon. I'm willing and eager to learn and am easy going and love having *fun*.

Side note: I put a thread just like this on the eve official forums a month ago and only 2 people responded. Both small guilds that operate in empire space and only ever have about 3 or 4 players on at the times I play.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
Sig image Pending
Still in: A couple Betas

Comments

• AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

Sadly my corp is mainly European based, else I would offer you a position since you sound the player we would be looking for, although ... we use Ventrilo :p

Actually there *are* corps, who are active and are looking for new players, one among them is "Celestial Horizon". It is a very big corp that is based in 0.0 and also takes in newer players if they like you. Afaik there are some nice guys in corp, though because of its size it may be a bit too unpersonal at times. The open channel to contact them is CLS_Public .. or so.
    I'll ask around a bit and I may get some other good corp for you to join, if that with CLS doens't work out.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.

• ezra-sezra-s Member Posts: 14

You might want to check Celestial Horizon. It is probably one of the biggest if not the biggest corp in the game and has all kinds of players based on every time zone :D

Not only that, its CEO is CYVOK, which I believe is one of the people with best brains for organizations i have ever seen. Their players are mostly great and many have been there for months/years. Great player base too.

• IamBenIamBen Member Posts: 6

Hey mate, im from New York, were a 0.0 corp, and well be happy to teach you how to survive in 0.0 space even with low skills. Throw me an eve-mail. My in game name is: IamBen

EST 8:00-11:30 hours are prime operating for our USA members.  

Best regards,

IamBen

• RetselRetsel Member Posts: 1

At this stage in EVE's game play new players have a good assortment of corp's to choose from. when in the EVE Forums look at the alliance posters and you will get some kind of idea as to the variety of available choices you have for you.

some corps' are lax in new player characters joining and others will want to see if you have the right stuff for their corp. It's a crap shoot and you may join and leave a few before you find one you will settle with.

Politics play a large part of the game and you may join a corp that's looking for cannon fodder and you may find a corp that will shroud you and give you time to learn in game and develop your style of combat.

Just to be sure you will honestly not be lacking a 1V1 or more if you skill to survive in 0.0 and make a name for yourself....just as an example TANKCEO ... your choices will be many and you will have a great finding your path in EVE..

Look forward to Nudging you

Retsel

Caldari Civire

Royal Guard consolidated

EKLIPTIKA