Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perma-Death Servers

You would be amazed what people think about and come up with when the power is out. Just an idle thought. So please no flames.

Jedi Permadeath Servers

Stage 1 - Selecting the servers (two ways)

a) Using the same voting system as the Station Exchange, two servers are selected to become PD servers. In the event of a tie the lowest population server is selected.

b) Select the two lowest population servers.

Stage 2 - Transfers

a) For six weeks (2 before and 4 after) anyone may transfer their character to or from the PD servers for free.

b) In regards to jedi their alts will come too.

c) Only one transfer allowed per account.

d) All other server transfers still cost.

Stage 3 - The ruleset

a) New permadeath is not as harsh as the old. Every jedi is given 3 lives. When all lives are used up, if the jedi dies, he will be kicked back down to Initiate and have to start over again.

b) Any jedi that actively plays for 20 hours will gain back one life. To a maximum of 3.

c) Order 66 Article A - Any citizen of the Empire is hearby allowed to enter any structure where a jedi might be hiding. When a jedi enters a structure, the building will become unlocked for the duration of their stay.

Addendum - The out (Order 66 Article B Sabers for Toys Program)

a) Any jedi may, at anytime, give up being a jedi by dragging his lightsaber onto the nearest Imperial Recruiter.

b) In exchange the jedi is allowed to choose one of 6 to 10 items in trade. Exclusive vehicle, ship, saber mounted as a house item with the players name, 100k of a resource, unique weapon, etc. All items are tradeable.

c) From then on the jedi loses his skills and can never gain them back. He will keep his FS skills however.

d) A 3 part warning system would be used. After the selection of the item is made he is then asked if he is sure he wants to do this as it will wipe all jedi skills permentantly. He is then given a window where he must type his name, case sensitive, along with an 8 digit number code. After this he is allowed one hour to change his mind.

Ok comments please. And yes I know it wont happen. Just idle thoughts.

Kai

Comments

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Two things I could see being an issue with that are...

1) With your main character being the Jedi I can't see many people staying.  So the affected servers may as well be declaired as simply none Jedi.

2) Returning customers, who rejoined after the cut off period would escentially be stuck whether they wanted to be or not.  Which would probably lead to them either just simply cancelling again or being forced into creating a new character (by deleting their Jedi).  Either way, I can't see them being pleased.

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by grapevine
    Two things I could see being an issue with that are...
    1) With your main character being the Jedi I can't see many people staying.  So the affected servers may as well be declaired as simply none Jedi.
    Dunno. Some player jedi have expressed to bring back PD for a challenge. Plus its not permenant permadeath. So you can still keep trying. Just makes it harder. Plus unlike the older PD you can gain lives back through playing.
    2) Returning customers, who rejoined after the cut off period would escentially be stuck whether they wanted to be or not.  Which would probably lead to them either just simply cancelling again or being forced into creating a new character (by deleting their Jedi).  Either way, I can't see them being pleased.
    Returning customers havent really mattered before. I mean it does suck in a way but thems the breaks. If someone quit then they quit. Whether they come back or not shouldnt matter. Dont want to sound mean and not trying to start a fight but its like with the ranger thing. If I am not around for the change then does it mean I get to keep my ranger as he was before the new system? No. Same goes here. If I am an imperial and quit before the change to the new PVP system does that mean I can keep the Overt/Covert system?
    Yes I know those were server wide changes but still I dont think it should matter.
    But there could be an out added that any player who comes back can transfer their toon from or to the PD server for a period of a week for free. Or during the 6 week period a free trial is given that not allows old players to check things out but also allows them to transfer a character off that server.

Thanks for the critique though.
    Kai