Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does catacombs do different?

Just wondering. When i was playing DAoC i had just SI and ToA.

New graphics?

New quests duh ::::29::

New spell effects?

Thoguht about comming back when i saw the darkness rising expansion, looked nice.

Comments

• BlittzzBlittzz Member Posts: 261

1. Improved graphics. They look really nice I must say. Character models look much more realistic. Terrian looks awesome too. Not much to say here.

2. Instances. These are great if you need to gain some levels fast or just want to kill stuff by yourself (or with your group). You also gain valuable currency in the dungeons (i forget the name) which you can use to be used to buy armor, weapons, and other goodies. It's all blue though image

3. New classes. These are a blast to play, but if your playing against them, they can be a pain in the ass. Lets start with Hibbys classes: Vampiir are HARD to kill, you need perfect tactics to win. They have these special leech spells that can either suck the life, power, are endurance out of you. Not the best of tanks without the spells, but with them, they're are DEADLY. Banshees kinda suck, i didnt like them, neither did any of my friends. They're casters who use scream as spells (which I thought was rather odd). They get this cool form though, like a draggled woman version of the necromancer shade. They're about as durable as a piece of bread and don't do much damage. Midgard: Warlocks used to make eldritches look like Tiny Tim. They're bolts hurt like hell, and they turn you into a FROG if you rush them. A blast to play, but i think Mythic recently nerfed them (thank god). Still a good class. Valkrie (i think i spelt that right) Are a mix of EVERYTHING. Tank, Caster, Healer,  but I dont think they have stealth. They can do it all, but they're quite mediocre in all they do. Still very powerful. And Albion: Heretic, complete BS to fight in PvP. First, they set you on fire then repeatedly hit you with some bolt. If your a caster your screwed, if your a tank you have a very slim chance. When and if you get to him, your still on fire, and hes bashing you with a mace. By then your are really screwed up. Then they pull some BS move on you kill you. Iv'e never found out what it was. They pissed me off so much iv'e never played them and i never plan to do so.

Thats all i can think of at the moment, when I remember it all i'll get back to ya.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

Heh thanks.

Im just thinking of trying it again, mabey taking a brake on WoW. I miss DAoC PvP :(

BTW was thinking of /lvling a scout or ranger. (lvl 50 infy)

• BlackChaosBlackChaos Member Posts: 3

Yeh zero take a brake from WoW as i did :).I played WoW 4+months and i came back to DAoC and i like it much more still...Although WoW was nice for a change ^^ But if you considering of coming back, be sure to do so ;) ::::08::

• RaenzRaenz Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Same here.  I played WoW for a while, but made my way back to DAoC.  Much more fun in my opinion.

-Raenz-

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

aurulite is the 'currency' . i dont know what you eman by its all blue though, they have different merchants that sell aurulite armor for lvl ~10, 20, 30, 40, 50. if its too low check the merchant to your right.

anyways catacoms it many new areas and 5 new classes.

first is task dungoens, you can do this to lvl up the fastest possible, but there are no items or aurulite drops. good enough cash to get you paid though.

second is instances, all the old dungoens now have doors to 2 instances each, which drop decent cash and aurulite that you can buy armor/weps or sell for good cash. there are also other instnaces like these throughout the new catacombs world.

and the basic catacombs zones. its about 6 zones for each realm, with mobs, drops(better than classic/si), and TONS of quests. quests that actualy give good xp and rewards. also an instanced group dungoen at the end of it called darkspire with the so called uber drops. there are also named mobs in the varioius catacombs zones that have very nice drops as well, some easy some impossible to solo.

with the new quests, the task dungoens(mob kills get instnace bonus and there is a nice xp reward for finishing each time) it is so fast to lvl up if thats your main goal.

as far as the classes, only ones i know firsthand are warlocks(mid) vamps, and bainshes(hib)

warlocks are basicly rvr gods. thy have insta cast chambers that can basicly drop someone instantly. add in power regen and a zero power spread heal. they are pretty much overpowered according to just about everyone but the ones who play them, and even they laugh when they deny it.

vamps are to pve what warlocs are to rvr. just incredibly overpowered. im talking about, once you learn to play it, rolling through orange mobs very fast and zero down time. you will not sit, you will not need group, you will not need bot you will just roll things. still good in rvr, though not dominating at 50+.

bainshes!!! get a bad rap because they are boring to lvl up and not that many people play them. they have aoe spells that , assuming the popular spec, go out in a cone area in front of you with zero drop off damage. i have never played one high enough to rvr but in alot of cases i have seen them own the battle field. try charging a lord room with a couple bainshes in the corner screaming and you are going to /droll with deathspam envy. there is a guy who plays 2 simultaneously on my server who basicly wiped out the entire mid 'hide in lord room of tower for an hour farming' group by himself.

thats about the run down i think. /shrug

• BlittzzBlittzz Member Posts: 261
    AURULITE! Thats what it was! And I never knew they had different colors. Thx for correcting me.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.