Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All new graphics kind of

Ok Well I haven't played DAoC in quite a while but I've been feeling the itch. Recently Mythic let old unactive accounts play free for 10 days so I checked it out. I do have Catacombs and I'm thrilled with the patch that makes the main cities and towns look better, however when I entered Camelot and saw the old dated graphics I was totally bummed. So does anyone know if Mythic has plans to update the graphics of the main cities when you are in those cities?

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

I am with you on being disapointed about the inside of Capitals not being upgraded. After Catacombs was kinda a failure (that is very few people use it) the realized that adding new zones might not work anymore. So they decided to update the old parts of the game.

Darkness Rising is mostly going to take place in zones already in the game. Those areas will be updated with what is needed. If this means graphics I do not know. DF will get a makeover, many mobs will as well. I am hoping that all of the old areas will get new art with it.

They also stated that they will be continually upgrading the older areas so I hope they will upgrade the capitals as well.

• JohnboatJohnboat Member Posts: 23
    Well I hope Mythic reads this forum. In the past year I've played World of Warcraft and EverQuest 2, before that I played DAoC for over a year. Now WoW is way to easy to play and gets boring, EQ2 is very good but these just something about it that I don't like. DAoC is a special game, I love it and I do think I want to play it again. But one thing that was awesome about WoW and EQ2 were the grand capital cities, I mean Iron Forge and Queynos in WoW and EQ2 are awesome cities. I would live to see Camelot get updated with beautiful graphics and more reasons for players to go the capitols in DAoC. That would be great :).
  • RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

The graphical updates to the game are an ever expanding and ongoing thing. Look for a LOT of amazing new art and graphical updates to familar old places in the upcoming expansion. :)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."