Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you become a jedi anyway?

I was just thinking of playing swg, and was curious on how you become a jedi.. like what profesion do you need to do and the like..

Also i did read somplace that when your a jedi, and you die your char gets deleted? thats kinda gay

Comments

  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508



    Originally posted by millbro

    I was just thinking of playing swg, and was curious on how you become a jedi.. like what profesion do you need to do and the like..
    Also i did read somplace that when your a jedi, and you die your char gets deleted? thats kinda gay



    1) Collect a bunch of badges. When you have all you need you get visited by an old man. Then you attacked by the Sith. And finally you find the location of the Village.

    2) Go to the village. Talk with certain NPCs there and do little 5 - 30 minute quest to open up force sensitive trees. You can open one per phase.

    3) Fill the trees by grinding out like mad. The equivilant of 100 professions. When you have 6 trees you do a another small quest to kill a one armed jedi and bang your a jedi.

    4) Now your a jedi you get to grind even more. Everytime you die you lose XP. Until you reach I think negative 10 million or something. But you never lose your character. You can be hunted by bounty hunters also if your seen. Most dont care since even then the xp loss is minimal.

    This is why the jedi are so numerous and a big pain in the neck. They are the center of the game and everything revolves in someway around them.

    Kai

  • Binary^.nlBinary^.nl Member Posts: 44

    thats about it ::::01::

    only with the badges you need content badges too, like themeparks or corvette badges ..

  • grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

    As Kia and Binary say, which basically boils down to just griding and next to no challange other than a few quests.  In fact becoming force sensative is so easy, its near impossible to avoid.  From then on the only challange is the decision to either grind Jedi or not.

    If you really want to enjoy SWG, I'd stay clear of becomming a Jedi.  The journey tends to burn people out.

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,236

    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=jedi&message.id=1066974

    How to become Jedi ..

    What to do as Jedi ...

    What to choose as Jedi ....

    More infos than you can shake a glowstick at ....

     

    Have fun

    Novarider

  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508



    Originally posted by grapevine

    As Kia and Binary say, which basically boils down to just griding and next to no challange other than a few quests.  In fact becoming force sensative is so easy, its near impossible to avoid.  From then on the only challange is the decision to either grind Jedi or not.
    If you really want to enjoy SWG, I'd stay clear of becomming a Jedi.  The journey tends to burn people out.



    I just wish you could shoot the old man. I wasnt even trying to make my alt account force sensitive. But he kept getting visits over and over by the old man. And it really annoyed me. I think it was 3 times every hour. Kept telling him to leave me alone but he would still show up. Drove me nuts. But I could never kill him. Should have given us the option to kill him.

    Then when I finally answered what he wanted just to make him go away I had to deal with the dang Sith attacks. After 3 days I finally did that to appease them. Then I had to go to the village. Real nice for a pure crafter to go to Dathomir.

    Man SOE and LA really did not think this whole thing through.

    Kai

  • IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360


    Originally posted by kaibigan34
    1) Collect a bunch of badges. When you have all you need you get visited by an old man. Then you attacked by the Sith. And finally you find the location of the Village.
    2) Go to the village. Talk with certain NPCs there and do little 5 - 30 minute quest to open up force sensitive trees. You can open one per phase.
    3) Fill the trees by grinding out like mad. The equivilant of 100 professions. When you have 6 trees you do a another small quest to kill a one armed jedi and bang your a jedi.
    4) Now your a jedi you get to grind even more. Everytime you die you lose XP. Until you reach I think negative 10 million or something. But you never lose your character. You can be hunted by bounty hunters also if your seen. Most dont care since even then the xp loss is minimal.


    5) EBay

    Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

  • ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

    Buy Knights of the Old Republic 1. image

    ... if you really want to play Jedi in SWG then read following: The Path to Jedi - Guide to the Force Sensitive System (v2.0)

    ... but I think that it more fun to just play Kotor.

    "I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

Sign In or Register to comment.