Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW should be liked by all

zekillazekilla Member Posts: 4
Now, i know a lot of people dont like it because a ton say it's too repetitive and boring after a few days or weeks or months.. but they might be saying that because they havent experienced the fullness of the game. THe game is called Guild Wars and your suppose to get into a guild, now guildwars (the war, not the game) are very fast paced and exciting if u know what to do, and as u obtain victory u steadily advance up the hall of heros thingy. IT is true that the RPG part is not fully correct because it is a system of stories, but the story line is fairly well written and you have to know that the graphics are simply amazing. This game is not about the rpg part, its mainly about the PVP system and Guild system which is the best i've seen yet. Yes it might be repetitive after a while but as ur guild increases in strength, and u start obtaining more victories u'll want to play this game again. If you get tired of it.. try making a new character because u can choose pvp or role playing file and you can experiment with that. Or I can sadly say.. if u just hate the game.. i cant make u like it, ur decision, but try giving it another chance and increase skills and everything.

Comments

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Too many people try to play GWs in a manner it wasn't meant to be played... then don't like it for that reason.

I agree fully about joining a decent guild... Without a decent guild I know I would likely still not be enjoying the game. A guild sets goals... "Lets try this build this month" and the like... changes in guild focus allow for GWs to always be changing.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Originally posted by zekilla
    Now, i know a lot of people dont like it because a ton say it's too repetitive and boring after a few days or weeks or months.. but they might be saying that because they havent experienced the fullness of the game. THe game is called Guild Wars and your suppose to get into a guild, now guildwars (the war, not the game) are very fast paced and exciting if u know what to do, and as u obtain victory u steadily advance up the hall of heros thingy. IT is true that the RPG part is not fully correct because it is a system of stories, but the story line is fairly well written and you have to know that the graphics are simply amazing. This game is not about the rpg part, its mainly about the PVP system and Guild system which is the best i've seen yet. Yes it might be repetitive after a while but as ur guild increases in strength, and u start obtaining more victories u'll want to play this game again. If you get tired of it.. try making a new character because u can choose pvp or role playing file and you can experiment with that. Or I can sadly say.. if u just hate the game.. i cant make u like it, ur decision, but try giving it another chance and increase skills and everything.

What about someone like myself?  Beat the story 5 times, played 1400 hours, got almost every skill... did SoF and all that other crap.

I quit because I'm soooo bored of it.

What will he do next?

What if you had a guild... and did planned GvG or Tombs for about 2 hours night. I know for myself more then about 2hours of GWs at a time and it starts to get stressing/boring. It's like playing cards with your friends... an hour or two is fine... but if you try to play cards all day it gets old fast.

In the case of GW it's much more like Magic though... where you collect skills instead of cards.

As far as the RPG part of the game... I can definatly see how people get bored of that... but if you have a desire to PvP GWs should be able to keep you content for a long time and their is nothing wrong with playing another MMO and just playing GWs on the side, it is free after all, you don't lose money by not playing it.

• zekillazekilla Member Posts: 4
    well actually u do have to pay for the game in the beginning.. unless someone gives u a cd key but yeah, i know u've played it a while and got all skilsl, beat it alot, have all characters but sometimes what it actually takes is that u quit for a while and maybe after a week or month.. it'll seem fresh and u'll enjoy it better. U also need to find an active guild cause that puts more fun into it.. or better yet u could start making ur own guild! Also if u absolutely hate the game u could give some cash or stuff to my brother.. =)
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Now...

Stop right there.... If you have to defend it, it must have something bad about it. This game was seriously over-hyped. I was so excited when i got it and for 3 days i had a shit load of fun then guess what? Nothing left to do. Should I do the same mission again and again for gold / skills? Should I pvp with idiots who refuse to use tactics? The biggest anti-climax ever yet I still feel like i got value for money. So, if you wanna milk it even longer to get value for money thats fine but dont presume to tell people what to like in the subject of your post. You gotta realise that *every* user of *every* game comes here to defend the game theyre currently playing.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by Djin

What about someone like myself?  Beat the story 5 times, played 1400 hours, got almost every skill... did SoF and all that other crap.

get a real life girl friend , and stop playing so much computers
  • volker594volker594 Member Posts: 6

Man, you're so right...People, just play the game more and you'll see the true magic of it...

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Originally posted by neoteo

I have a wife, two kids and a great job.  I don't watch television so this is how I spend my free time.

Some people watch movies, some people go to sporting events, I use the computer.  If you do math, 1400 hours is almost 2 months.  So that's over a two month time frame.

What will he do next?
  • exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by neoteo

I have a wife, two kids and a great job.  I don't watch television so this is how I spend my free time.

Some people watch movies, some people go to sporting events, I use the computer.  If you do math, 1400 hours is almost 2 months.  So that's over a two month time frame.

so why are you bored in the game ? how is your guild ? no friends ?

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

agreed.. I think pretty much exactly the sme bud ;)

• FindarielFindariel Member UncommonPosts: 222

Well .. have to agree. There's not much depth in the game and after playing it once, it's getting ridiculouysly easy, too.

No new areas to explore .. nothing more to do, nothing to be desired (I have my fissure set, even though being european ;)). PvP gets a bit tedious too, not much different maps to play on, not much variety. Only useful thing I can think of is unlocking all secondaries on my favourite character. So I must get 3 million xp to get the necessary skill points?!? Well ...

But I guess that's the price for no monthly fee. And you see it in guilds: there are so many people quitting all the time that you must keep recruiting, too.

Don't misinterprete me: I loved the game!!! But it's not endless like "real" mmorpgs. And that's a bit sad, with more content (both width and depth) I'd love to pay a monthly fee because level cap, skillsets, tactics, graphics are really superb!!

It's typically like Diablo 2... Every time there is a big update tons of people will come back and get reguilded... then a month down the road will quit again.

Also, the easier it is to join a guild the easier it is to leave it.... With so many guilds that spam invites or have open recruitment... it's easy for a person to quit a guild and be reguilded in a day.  You guild has to be offering someting the others aren't if you plan to keep people from leaving.