Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foraging Gone. Rangers turned into Thieves. I aint ever coming back.

2»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

They add one revamped profession at a time to the test center. Squad leader is currently in testing. And they seem to take their time with the latest patch to iron out the problems and test the balance. Not one of those "one day on TC" patches this time. Same with the new multiplayer ship changes.

Ranger is in Development.

Smuggler is in Concept.

If these professions advance one step at a time Concept --> Development --> Testing --> Live one patch at a time then I am a happy camper.

have fun

Erillion

• suupaabakasuupaabaka Member Posts: 17

Being a smuggler in-game myself, I personally don't think thieving should be given to smugglers. We don't sneak, we avoid. We might hide ourselves in hidden compartments, we might go to extra measures to avoid being noticed and we might run very, very fast.

But we don't sneak around and we don't pickpocket. And in a game like Star Wars Galaxies, the only such profession that should merit these abilities is a special operations type. Go play Splinter Cell and you might see what I mean.

There's a lot of debate regarding profession role definition on the official forums, but I don't see why. This is how I see the professions working in the future:

Smuggler: Smugglers. Moving contraband, avoiding authorities and acting like bastards.
    Rangers: Special operations, infiltration and recon. Sam Fisher.
    Commandos: Heavy weapons, destroy everything. If the vehicular combat goes live, then driving these vehicles and blowing them up in creative ways falls to the Commandos. Commandos are also the elite soldier type, like marines maybe.