Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game should I choose?

Yes, anoter "what game should I choose"-topic  image

For a long time I've been looking for a MMORPG that I'll actually play longer than a couple of days.. but as of yet I haven't found any. I know there's are a variety of them released already, but my graphics card is too old for me to be able to play these games.. otherwise I would try a lot more of them out. I'm probably gonna buy a new one, but since I'm lacking funds I'm gonna wait until I find a game that sounds promising enough.

So, then.. what I like most is RPGs that have a "community" feel to it.. by that I mean that there are many different paths you can choose, a lot of professions to try out, basically an economy where people are dependant on the small things working just like in real life. Combat is fun, but not that important. One thing I'd really like is the ability to have your own house. The actual setting for the game isn't that important either, I don't like futuristic visions but other than that it could be a modern day or fantasy setting, anything.

Some might be thinking "The Sims Online", but that game just didn't do it for me.. I've read the sites of the most popular games (Asheron's Call, Camelot etc) over and over, but none of them sound inspiring enough to warrant the purchase of a new graphic's card, and possibly a whole new setup. Am I wrong?

I'd really appreciate some advice, thanks a lot in advance to the people reading this far! I've asked a lot of people before, but this is probably THE place to get opinions!

Comments

• lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855
    the game you are describing is UO plane and simple. also what kind of card do you have?

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

How old can your graphics card be?

DAoC can run on those old intel intergrated 8mb cards if you don't enter  the expansion world.

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

I recently saw an "Geforce Ti440- 128MB" for € 59 that as much an game cost so if you can afford 2 games you go and can play any thing you want ;)

--- edited to and contest

Or if that is to much this site has giveaway conest where you just have to enter there you could win an brand new nVidia FX 5900 128MB .

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

• ThePatientThePatient Member Posts: 90
    ultima online hands down, the graphics arent bad for your video card.  In fact, you choose to install the 2d OR 3d version, so if the 3d doesnt work for your video card, than you can use the 2d.  Ive only played UO for 2 days and already i think its the best MMORPG.  Its free too, pick up the trial version of UO: Age of shadows at www.gigex.com, then get uogateway, and you play on free player run shards.

---------------------------------------------

Turn me on, dead man.
    S: 86% E: 60% A: 33% K: 20%

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Problem is if its a very old motherboard it will not take the GEforce4 or the FX5900 .

Check your motherboard and if its like 4 or 5 years old go with an older card like geforce2ti which is a very solid card and will take most but the latest games.

I still think you can play quite well on DAoC with any card as long as you remain in the old world.