Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Progress since release?

TrakenTraken Member Posts: 172

I heard that the second chapter will be coming relatively soon, so I've decided to drop in and see how the game's been going.

I was a beta-tester (pre-order beta), and had major fun. Right before release hit I got kind of burned out. I decided to give a new character a shot, while I had been using pre-made lvl 20's, and Pre-sear Ascalon just wore me out.

Anyways, has GW been getting better or been getting worse? Please only post if you actually play. I'm not going to go play WoW or EQ2.

P.S. Shouts out to any old De Erronis Infinitus members around.

Comments

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Guild War has definately been improving overall. I say overall because there have seemingly been setback for some people in the community (mostly uber elitist), but the pro's definately outweight the con's. To prove the point that there has been definate tangible improvement is the FREE Sorrows Furnace Update that occured on the 7th of this month. It opened up new explorable areas, more difficult mobs (relative to groups ability of course), new collectors items w/ names (a la Diablo), and new quest styles including my favorite Kiiiiiilllllllllrrrrrrrrooooooyyyyy! And that is just for the PvE. Update to the PvP included added faction, being able to turn in faction for skills in PvP arenas without having to have a PvE character, and new balances. The economy has been battered and beat around by the verbal minority (most uber elitist...seems to be a recurring theme), but is actually stabalized to where most people can get all necessary items to be competitve.

I do not know how anyone can realistically say that since its release to market this year, that the game has gotten worse. This comment does include grinder and bot users. I do not equate the two per say but the game isn't meant for either. My comment also does not taken into consideration pre-mass release (i.e beta's) being I did not play it then.

Again, this is the perspective of someone who has played since the release, plays almost everyday and is not even close to tired of the game.

Enjoy whatever game you play to the fullest and remember.....it's just a game! ::::28::

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• yourmom12192yourmom12192 Member Posts: 221
    Its much better dude!! I love it, and still cannnot stop playing it. And hopefully the expansion will triple or more the replay value.
  • BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Nothing effecting the "burn out value" has changed. The game is better, but if you got burned out once, your likely to get burnt out again. Less you just had a crappy or no guild the first time round.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

i eard next chapter will not be out sooner then summer 2006

the game changes real time :D