Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Galaxies: Trials of Obi-Wan Expansion

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

LucasArts and SOE Provide More Details on the Release of Star Wars Galaxies:Trials of Obi-Wan

LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment today announced pricing and other details for Star Wars Galaxies: Trials of Obi-Wan, their digital download only expansion due out on November 1. Set on the Episode III planet of Mustafar and including missions delivered by the spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Trials of Obi-Wan will be available for pre-order beginning September 26th for $29.99. All who pre-order will get access to Trials of Obi-Wan on October 25 (a full week before its official release!), as well as an exclusive Transport skiff never before seen in Star Wars Galaxies – the first eight-person vehicle ever featured in the game!

For more information on Star Wars Galaxies, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• MUHzzxK0MUHzzxK0 Member Posts: 389
    Naples - still think they will take the servers down? lol

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

This new expansion is yet more proof of how unattached and uncaring the developers are. The players want Dagobah or Hoth. Not mustafar. The forums are rife with this issue. They love to rape the continuity and this is what Trials will be. Yet one more chance to make the game feel less like Star Wars and more like Jedi Wars

I say if anyone doesnt like this then dont buy it. Dont purchase the expansion. This is the community's chance to send a message to SOE and LA that these advertising tactics will not be accepted again.

Kai

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

i quit swg awhile ago and im definitly not tempted by this obvious attempt to pull people back. Ooooo planet from ep3 i must buy it! *sarcastic*

• SarvanSarvan Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by kaibigan34

The players want Dagobah or Hoth. Not mustafar.

Actually, a player asked the devs why they didn't make Hoth instead. Their answer to that was that they want to add atmospheric flight and vehicle combat first. That sounds like a very good idea to me!

Patience image

Personally, even though I would like Hoth more, I so wanna buy this expansion. Looks great and Mustafar will be a unique planet in the SWG universe. Can't wait!

Originally posted by Sarvan

Actually, a player asked the devs why they didn't make Hoth instead. Their answer to that was that they want to add atmospheric flight and vehicle combat first. That sounds like a very good idea to me!

Patience image

Personally, even though I would like Hoth more, I so wanna buy this expansion. Looks great and Mustafar will be a unique planet in the SWG universe. Can't wait!

Then they could add Dagobah. That excuse is yet one more attempt to avoid the issue. You really think you will get atmospheric flight and vehicle combat, or that they are even contemplating it in the future?

Right now the only thing they are contemplating is how to incorporate a new expansion for the DVD release of Deuce Bigelow: European Gigalo. heh

Kai

Patience image

Then they could add Dagobah. That excuse is yet one more attempt to avoid the issue. You really think you will get atmospheric flight and vehicle combat, or that they are even contemplating it in the future?

Right now the only thing they are contemplating is how to incorporate a new expansion for the DVD release of Deuce Bigelow: European Gigalo. heh

Kai

Dagobah? That HAS to be the most boring idea of a new planet for SWG. I mean comon, seriously. It would practically be a copy of Yavin or the swamps of Rori. Nothing new, nothing unique. Mustafar > Dagobah. And players being able to visit Dagobah.. That destroys the SW feeling more than Jedi. Dagobah is supposed to be unpopulated (except for all of those lizards and worms etc). What reason does people have to visit Dagobah? Mustafar has industry. Dagobah is... a Swamp.. Where Yoda lives. But no one is supposed to find Yoda - that's for Luke to do image.

. That excuse is yet one more attempt to avoid the issue. You really think you will get atmospheric flight and vehicle combat, or that they are even contemplating it in the future?

Kai

Dagobah? That HAS to be the most boring idea of a new planet for SWG. I mean comon, seriously. It would practically be a copy of Yavin or the swamps of Rori. Nothing new, nothing unique. Mustafar > Dagobah. And players being able to visit Dagobah.. That destroys the SW feeling more than Jedi. Dagobah is supposed to be unpopulated (except for all of those lizards and worms etc). What reason does people have to visit Dagobah? Mustafar has industry. Dagobah is... a Swamp.. Where Yoda lives. But no one is supposed to find Yoda - that's for Luke to do image.

And Obi Wan isnt supposed to make his ghostly appearance until Ep. V. hmmm

Dathomir is supposed to be blockaded, no one in or out. No one is supposed to be on Endor except maybe Imperials. There shouldnt be light jedi standing outside the Emperor's Retreat shouting taunts at the Emperor and Vader. And the list goes on.

But ok. Lets say no one wants Dagobah either even though the majority want Dagobah or Hoth....

There is also Ord Mandell. A mining planet similiar to Mustafar. And between Episode IV and V it was where Han met the Bounty Hunter he talks about in Ep V. It would be more fitting then yet another attempt to sale a movie that was set 20 years earlier.

Also there is Vjun. Best of both worlds there. Not only was it the base for Count Dooku before Ep III, it was also the place where Vader put up his Stronghold. And *drumrolls* it is where Obi Wan's lightsaber is at. So you got a world that has been in books and games. It also plays well with both time periods.

Kai

. That excuse is yet one more attempt to avoid the issue. You really think you will get atmospheric flight and vehicle combat, or that they are even contemplating it in the future?

Kai

And Obi Wan isnt supposed to make his ghostly appearance until Ep. V. hmmm

Dathomir is supposed to be blockaded, no one in or out. No one is supposed to be on Endor except maybe Imperials. There shouldnt be light jedi standing outside the Emperor's Retreat shouting taunts at the Emperor and Vader. And the list goes on.

But ok. Lets say no one wants Dagobah either even though the majority want Dagobah or Hoth....

There is also Ord Mandell. A mining planet similiar to Mustafar. And between Episode IV and V it was where Han met the Bounty Hunter he talks about in Ep V. It would be more fitting then yet another attempt to sale a movie that was set 20 years earlier.

Also there is Vjun. Best of both worlds there. Not only was it the base for Count Dooku before Ep III, it was also the place where Vader put up his Stronghold. And *drumrolls* it is where Obi Wan's lightsaber is at. So you got a world that has been in books and games. It also plays well with both time periods.

Kai

Yeah… Obi Wan showing up… I agree with you on that point. Still, Obi Wan isn’t seen as much as Yoda in the movies and we have no idea what his ghost’s been up to while we haven’t seen him. We don’t know much about Yoda either but it’s pretty obvious (at least I think so) he haven’t met anyone for many years. Obi Wan could’ve been out there, looking for new hope just in case Luke would fail. image

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

Those places you mentioned, I’ve never heard of them but they sound interesting. Still, a lot of people including me haven’t read many if any star wars books, only seen the movies. I think people want to see what they’ve seen/read of. And I’m pretty sure more people have seen the battle between Anakin and Obi Wan than read about the place where Obi Wan got his saber (for example). The place where Anakin transformed into Darth Vader also seems a lot more interesting to me.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
     Sorry, but in the  Star Wars that I know Obi-Wan spirit only appeared to Luke Skywalker and You who plays SWG is NO Luke Skywalker.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

It's funny that SOE keeps releasing expansion pack after expansion pack, milking every dime out of their player's money. Meanwhile, companies like NCsoft are actually giving players their $15 a month worth by releasing free content, including several free expansions.

When will SOE learn that their corporate whoring isn't winning over the much-different breed of consumer: the gamer?