Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Merlin Server

2»

Comments

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     I have seen both those characters before. Wont see you around for a while unless your in bg0, i've been pretty busy defending the central keep image

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

LVL 24 Scout , Merlin / Albion ,  his name is Ricon :)  

Returning player as of yesterday, so needing to get my bearings again. 

Send me a /tell if anybody else is around that level and wants to group up.

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Rathma you sunuvahbitch! Give Midguard back our CK!

Abernia has been dominated by Albion lol. There goes BG0,,Now BG1 is different :)

Open your eyes, close your mouth, and make a fist.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Awww u guys have it now i think, or at least yesterday. I don't really care who's got the central keep i want realm points baby image. I got 105 so far and once i cap im leveling and going to bg1.

• FlaiddFlaidd Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by K2theK

Best time ever in Daoc was in the very early days...you see originally Mythic said that RvR was for level 15 and above...so in the first few weeks of the game, as soon as everyone reached level 15 they would head out into the frontiers to level their characters...it was great back then seeing all the people hunting beasties in the frontiers. (you see back in these days there were no battlegrounds at all..they were put in later on)

I miss those days, K. I remember running into Emain for the first time at 15. I think that it was 5 or 6 days after launch. It was back before everyone had their RvR tricks figured out (I think that the highest char on Gwin at that point was in her 30s). Total lowbie slaughterhouse. I actually managed to kill somebody in a MFG1 battle with my freaking CROSSBOW. (Armsman... didja guess?)

I wish that there was some way to recapture that "all classes mixed" feel in the real frontiers, but there's no chance, really. Especially not since the advent of the BGs. This isn't a gripe against Mythic... I think that the BGs are a great way to play up the RvR in a way that doesn't make the lowbies eat a fattie. Evolution just killed the old multi-level RvR. Once everyone started hitting 50, Emain Macha (hereafter known as the Fields of Eternal Battle) became a really unsafe place to be lower than... oh... 45. Only us gristly old-timers remember the <puts on gnarly granddad voice> time before. Heh.

-------
    <Insert vague pop culture reference or highbrow literary quote that I really don't understand but I think makes me look clever here>

-------
    <Insert here a vague pop culture reference or highbrow literary quote that I really don't understand but I think makes me look clever >

• K2theKK2theK Member Posts: 67
    Haha...yup..I remember running out into the midgard frontiers on Guinevere at level 15. Those were the days alright...thats when RvR was something really special. But alas, you are correct...those days will never return in daoc. Pity....not to worry..I guess I will wait for the next similar title to pop up. Maybe WoW, that has been taking my eye lately :)
     Yes i can't wait for WoW!