Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making FFXI Guild

Comments

• ChimpanzyChimpanzy Member Posts: 8

Ok ok im in school during the day, if were having a meeting please state when... what time and time zone. Heh not sure what im going to be atm but anyways my contact info is [email protected] and aim and yahoo  screen names are Gimpedfiend. Im usually on in the afternoon, also does any one know an exact release date? And Can the ps2 and comp play on same servers by any chance... My friend has dsl but a crappy computer, hed like to join us  thats if it can go for ps2, but he is getting a new computer soon, we'll see lol, btw I live in Lake Stevens Washington, Pacific time zone.

Cheers!

Cheers!

• ShadowsunShadowsun Member Posts: 9

imagemaybe i could join the fun image

Stephen Shadows

Stephen Shadows

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

I'll be attending both meetings, and I'll compile a list of all the people and their info who attended either meeting and wish to join, and put it on this thread or a new thread. Hopefully, people will at least read the list--if not write it down also--and be able to find others in game to start with.

Get your game faces on,
    because it's time to play.

-Machiavelli

• PLH2034PLH2034 Member Posts: 58

Hey everyone.

Just throwing my idea for a guild name out there.

You know 'The Firm' the John Grisham novel? I was thinking 'The Forum' since that's where we formed the guild and it sounds ominous to outsiders. image

Any idea how many dedicated healing types we have in guild so far? I will be a healer mainly and figure out a good/fun subjob when i find out how the game works.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have not a clue what subclasses I want, all I know is I want to be a warrior type, with either two swords or a two-handed sword. Not sure if I want to sub theif, or later on samurai, ninja, dark knight, etc... Just gotta wait to see how the game works. :)

Get your game faces on,

-Machiavelli

• nightelfnightelf Member Posts: 36

I might consider joining up with all of you, but a question, what are your goals in the guild and where are we going to be make it? Thanks, might join. Hope to see you all in the game!

The Nightelf

The Nightelf and MMORPG gamer.

SWG: Pistoleer/Creature Handler (retired)

Oh and I will either be a hume or elvaan, will be a ranger and not sure about my subjob. My character will be called Callisto or Arc. Not sure about town.

The Nightelf

• NiziborNizibor Member Posts: 131

Someone asked what day the meetings will be the first one will be sat. at 8:00 eastern and the other will be on sunday at 8:00 eastern u sould be there if you can

are we going to creat a chat room for the meetings it would be alot better

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by Nizibor
    are we going to creat a chat room for the meetings it would be alot better

No, we don't know if everyone is skilled in the ancient art of mIRC, and we wouldn't want to make it any more difficult for anyone. We are simply going to meet in the Live Chat on this site at the previously stated times.

Get your game faces on,

-Machiavelli

no im talking about the live chat you can go to the room section and creat your own room  which you can name.

Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

Originally posted by nightelf

I might consider joining up with all of you, but a question, what are your goals in the guild and where are we going to be make it? Thanks, might join. Hope to see you all in the game!
    The Nightelf

Most of our long term goals are still up in the air.  This is what the meeting this weekend will be for.  This guild is being built opon member rule, meaning everyone has their say.  I've been in guilds (and jobs none-the-less) where the so called leaders made all the decisions w/out the imput of their troops- and it royally sux.

Some of my own personal short term goals I'll be suggeting:

Short-

Organization- ranking, optimal combinations of job types, most frequent times members will be on individually.

Exploration- the faster and more familiar we are w/the lay of the land, the better advantage we'll have at getting a strong foothold in this game's infant stages.

Training- getting as many people acclaimated to the battle system and every other facet of FFXI in general.

This list is not nearly complete and the input by the general populace of our guild will finish it.

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

Thanks, hope to see how it turns out.

The last thing we want or need is to have one person have the say in everything but a ranking system would make things more organized

Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln

• jbvegetajbvegeta Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by Nizibor
    The last thing we want or need is to have one person have the say in everything but a ranking system would make things more organized
    i  am with you on that i will be at the meetings  so any help you need just ask me

Sensei_Keals

Desperado
    Nizibor

jeep21243
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />Blabendishen

Sirloin

Vinder

Darkknight35

Lansid

jbvegeta

gpkyo

ErikW

Hangar18

Lonewolf

bksaccount

madjake

Raike

Chimpanzy

ViolentY

PLH2034

Amunet

Mattdawgy64

Shadowsun

Night elf

This is pretty much everyone who said they would be in the guild but some have only posted once theres 24 in total i think.

Please try to be at the meetings this weekend. 8:00eastern Sat. and Sun.

Abraham Lincoln

I might join, but I just want to be unguilded for now. Sorry for any confusement.

• gpkyogpkyo Member Posts: 20

yea you should ask some of them about that, hey lemme me co leader of a group image

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097

Nightelf,

Think of it more as a "group of people you can get a hold of" that an EQ concept of a guild... we won't be running around with *The Lone Rangers* tag above out heads. Check out more about "Linkshells" on how things will work.

Technically, we "are" in respects going to be a guild... common goals, teamwork, and some form of organization, but maybe not in the way you're thinking... unless there's some form of hazing or ritualistic animal usage I wasn't told about...image

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

p.s. I won't be availiable Sat. for the chat... but I will Sunday. If anything, IM me the details or leave me a mssg in the Inbox on here.... thanks!

• ChimpanzyChimpanzy Member Posts: 8

Crap! hmm having a orientation at an animal shelter on sat. not sure what time ill try to find out tomarrow, btw is eastern like 3 hour difference ? 4? to pacific?

Cheers!

Cheers!

• BlabendishenBlabendishen Member Posts: 33

I think to have pacific time from eastern, you just substract 2 hours.

i.e. 8:00 pm eastern = 6:00pm pacific.

---------
    Gi (honesty), yu (courage), Jin (compassion), Rei (courtesy), Meyo (honor), Makoto (sincerity) and Chugo (Duty) are the Seven Tenets of Bushido. Make them yours...

---------
    Gi (honesty), yu (courage), jin (compassion), tei (courtesy), meyo (honor), makoto (sincerity) and chugo (Duty) are the Seven Tenets of Bushido. Make them yours...

Est -> Pst is -3 hours....

So say here it 2:07am in Ohio... then it SHOULD be 11:07pm there.

• Sensei_KaelsSensei_Kaels Member Posts: 277

Blabedishen u musta forgot about the mountain zone, cuz its 3 hours back, not 2..but no biggie, we just wont let you handle the guilds vault. (doubt well ahve one, but just a joke)

• ErikWErikW Member Posts: 59

I have a plan here, tell me what you think:

Everyone starts as a thief in Bastok.  And as soon as they do, they post what server they are on here on the boards.  The server with the most people will probably be chosen as the guild's server.  Anyway, everyone starts earning as much gil as possible, that way, if they are on the server with the most people we will have enough cash (hopefully).  Those who are not on the guild's server will get to see an amazing amount of cash and some time go down the drain.  We will have to chose the guild's server within a day to keep the best membership possible.  If plausible, it would probably be best to choose the server late wednesday night, as most of us will be recieving it the 29th.

-Bringing you up to date FFXI info since 10/23/03-

(c) 2001-2003 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Title Design by Yoshitaka Amano. FINAL FANTASY, TETRA MASTER and VANA'DIEL are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. SQUARE ENIX, PLAYONLINE and the PlayOnline logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

Originally posted by Lansid

... unless there's some form of hazing or ritualistic animal usage I wasn't told about...image

Lansid, you didn't know about the ritualistic animal usage to get in man?  You mean to tell me Sensei didn't tell you about the monkey genitailia fondling initiation???  Dude... didn't you get that memo? image

There was mention of monkeys... but I thought it was leaning more towards HELPER monkeys... not us HUMPING monkeys... *shivers*

I just don't know about.... I mean, what if the monkey... It's just.... *sigh* I better be getting powerleveled for this... -_-

*note* I do like the idea with the "thieves" making da monies to get everyone to a specific server. Heck if we can pull this off, at least it'll show dedication and some organization. :D