Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here use to play Neocron?

KrauseKrause Member Posts: 2

Just wonderin if anyone here use to play Neocron.

I figure this game would attract many of the people who use to play that game since the genre is very close (and there really isnt any other games like this that are any good)

Comments

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

Yes.. I played Neocron pretty hardcore for a while. Its pretty fun, but it just lost its magic with me. The main reason is the crappy, crappy, CRAPPY support from the devs. They communicated just about 0 with the playerbase, and did very infrequent updates. The updates they did do overlooked very longstanding bugs and most updates were merely cosmetic. It honestly felt like 3 guys were dicking around with some MMO code they happened to find in the dumpster.

As much as I'm hatin on it though, it did have its merits. HackNet for example was really cool. Also, FPS targetting was neat, even though their implementation was halfass and gimpy. The environment was great, and the music awesome. The crafting system was also good, and I liked the different factions. Actually, the crafting system was -really- good now that I think about it.

Definately worth a look from anyone who likes post-apoc cyberpunk, just realize that it has an extremely steep learning curve and crappy support.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• KrauseKrause Member Posts: 2

Yea man :D

That game is a classic example of one of those games that was better in Beta :P

They over complicated the factions in Retail, and then they added perminant duribility loss, so enough repairs and the weapon would have the duribility of a pencil sharpened to the eraser :P

Wasnt a fan of the chance of loosin a random item in death either.

I dont care what people say about needing harsh death penalties, chancing loosing an item that literally took you weeks to get really put a buzzkill on much of the PvP that normally would of been awsome.

But no game i have ever seen since had the atmosphere of Neocron, the cities, and zones were amazing, the NPC interaction and diaolog was emersing and the music and voices over the loudspeekers... just awsome.

The GM support with that game was acually pretty good, but then again practically 80% of my guild was some sort of GM gettin ingame help wasnt a problem hahaha :P

Ahh man, i miss good old pre duribility loss/Forced faction hate Beta Neocron :P