Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexus: The Kindoms Of The Winds: Update Notes and Beta News

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The folks over at Nexus have released the notes on their most recent update. This owuld appear to be a fairly standard update with small additions and minor corrections having been made.  

The Nexus servers were reset with the following changes:

Fixed all offline processes, such as clan and subpath demote/remove, board title/admin rights, etc.
New Muse spell added.
New Barbarian spell added.

Map Updates:
Map update for Enigma clan.
Map update for Oceana clan.

Minor Fixes:
Minor fixes for Elendhirin clan.
Minor fixes for Lost Kingdom clan.
Minor fixes for Enigma clan.
Minor fixes for Oceana clan.

It doesn't end there! The developers have also announced an upcoming beta test on their upgraded client. The testing phase will being next Wednesday, September 14th and will be free for all to download.

Feature list for the new Nexus 6.5 client:

• Group tab that displays the health percentage of the members in your party.
  • Expandable spell and inventory windows that are scrollable and allow for drag-and-drop reorganizing.
  • Helmets and accessories that show up on your character.
  • 3 new equipment slots.
  • Aether countdown/duration window.
  • In-game maps for important locations.
  • Ability to adjust the size and transparency of the chat window.
  • When interacting with other players in whisper and exchange, their class is displayed behind their name. (Example: "Wony (Game Master)").
  • New faces and hair allowing for greater customization.
  • Experience bar that will progress towards the next level or the maximum experience for those that are level 99.
  • Ability to right-click players to see how you can interact with them.
  • New simple-click option allows for one-click casting and item use.
  • Toggleable pathfinding with left-click, for an easier to use interface. Will pick up items or attack if you click an item on the ground or a monster.
  • Graphics upgraded to high-resoultion.

For more information on Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• necbonenecbone Member Posts: 358

i have a small place in my heart for this game, but fuck this game.....only game i've ever been banned for....

i got banned for nothing during memorial weekend last year(free weekend)....they said i had said something offensive....i had logged on for 5min and went to the bathroom and couldnt connect back and was like wtf, after 10min of trying log back on, i checked my email.

prior to that i had been jailed for celebrating 4/20 in game....i was totaly being in character too...there are herb pipes in the game and i was just having fun...there was a 200 person petition to over turn my jailing and it caused a big shit in their in-game forums so all the admins, player judges, and high up's hated me; even my clan leader Vini didnt support me and told my clannies to not support(many did)....

i asked for screenshots of my offense, but theres no one to talk to- meaning you cant call anyone except Korea or the guy who does the accounting/billing and he wouldnt give me a number to anything.....i almost went for a lawyer, but i was like dude, CoH is better than this(May of '04)....still hurts alittle...

very deep gameplay once you understand whats happening and you can rp if you want....theres certain classes that only rp'ers can get....players somewhat run the judicial system and clans can only be voted officially in if the other clans agree....alot of politics...like theres probably lik 5-6clans

this was my "real" first mmorpg addiction; alot of great ideas in-game, but 2D graphics is so '98.....DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME.