Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont post the Gamespy article on SOE forums

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I got banned from the forums asking why the MODs have deleted the link aomeone else has posted rather than discussing the issue and/or possibly lock it instead. I got banned for saying this.
So...dont even talk about it. Dont get banned like me

***************UPDATE*********************

this post is VERY old and done before I was staff. I have a different view on the game now. Much has changed since this post.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    What does it say?

-=[ STAFF ]=-
    [email protected]

What will he do next?
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Djin
    What does it say?

-=[ STAFF ]=-
    [email protected]

Here's the link from Gamespy

Some people posted the link and the thread got deleted (not locked) within literal seconds.

I responded asking why the MODs are deleting anything critical from other gaming sites but will post sticky hyperlinks to the sites that has something good to say. they responded by permanently banning me from the forums.

GarVa emailed me and said that maybe my being "banned" would allow myself to take a "break" from reading and responding to posts that are not edifying to the SWG community.  He further stated that if I continued my account would be jeapordized as well.

Remind you, this was because of a post I posted asking why they deleted a legitmate source of criticism (I never flame them or said anything in the post that was negative).

GarVa little statement gave me the motivation to talk to SOE on the phone.  I got ahold of a CSR who had no idea about anything about this game (like they just hired him from high school and have no experience with SWG) so I talked to his supervisor.  He apologize for GarVa's behavior but said he couldnt do anything about it.  I then proceeded to give him instruction to cancel mu account when it ends on October 27.  This will give me a few days to give away all my stuff.

Ive played mmorpgs before.  SWG has to be the worse.  The bugs (even though there were a crap load of them...like Shadowbane) weren't enough to have me cancel.  However, their shoddy customer service sealed their fate. 

And please, lol, don't anyone respond by saying its a mmorpg, other mmorpgs had rought starts.  LOL, mmorpgs tend to g et better over the years like technology and computers do.  That arguments has no standing anymore.  YOu cant compare SWG that came out in 2003 to AO that came out in 2000.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

hmm...

-=[ STAFF ]=-
    [email protected]

What will he do next?
  • killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    I dont know... thats kinda two faced.

-- STAFF

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

No comment.

-=[ STAFF ]=-
    [email protected]

What will he do next?

Originally posted by killerTwinkie
    I dont know... thats kinda two faced.

-- STAFF

That's exactly why I was shocked when I got banned.

GarVa said my Ban was permanent.  Is he bluffing?  Probably, the forums still are unaccesible to me as we speak. 

Like I said earlier, I was going to hang in there despite the bugs (I had just became an Expert Armorsmith and I have a great trainer who helps me in resources and money to get started).

What caused me to leave this game for good was the way GarVa treated me.  I am a housewife with a son I watch all day.  Playing SWG during his naptime was a good time to settle back and get in a fantasy role.  Ive been playing video games since Nintendos Rush N Attack back in 1988.  I know quality.

SWG had great graphics and a shakey but probably good future.  However, there shoddy customer service is going to kill them.

If you guys dont believe me about the link and the banning, test it for yourself!  Or better yet say in the post "why do you guys ban people for posting other criticizms" heh, i guarantee ya you will be next :p

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    I tried to do that actually.  I got shot down though, I didn't realize I had to be subscribed to the game to actually see the forums.  They must have done this so people won't be able to see the comments from players in game.  All of the things I've heard about them and SWG seem shady...

Sorry to hear about your raw deal though,  you'll find a game that suits you better!

-- STAFF

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

hehe

they gunned u down and ate yoimage

dont mess with soeimageimage

• jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178

it doesnt suprise me that you got banned for posting that, sony owns those boards and hold anyone liable for whatever they post on them and retains the right to control the flow of whatever information anyone puts on it. 

that being said ill go to my next point - your run in with your CSR is not an isolated incident.  there have been at LEAST 12-15 complaints of run in with CSR's just from my guild.  one guy had his house and harvesters disappear, contacted a csr whose response was "they didnt vanish, they are at 0,0"  with 0,0 being the location points on the map.  now, everyone here being at least semi educated can figure out that 10 different structure all at location point ZERO, ZERO makes no sense what so ever, but mr. sony csr couldnt seem to grasp the fact that harvesters and houses cant stack on top of each other. 

on another occasion someones house dissapeared, he contacted a csr who returned his house - now, if this were any other game the csr would have said "thank you for your patience, and we at sony appologize for the inconvenience.  we hope you enjoy your day"  and went away.  but this was just not what happened.  It turns out this poor guy, who had his house just vanish in front of him with all his worldly possesion, had to not only wait days to get a csr to respond, but after he got his house back, with no appology what so ever, was told that his name was going to be altered due to his name violating the naming restrictions.  his name was "Boourns"  now, if you can tell me how "Boourns" is vulgar, or represents a character from the Star Wars universe and deserved to be nerfed please post a response.  Well - you see, in the star wars universe, when you name gets nerfed by a csr, so do all your possesions.  His new name, which i never discovered, was not the name of the house owners name, since the csr changed it - which meant he couldnt get into his own house, or access any of his possesions inside his own house, and the house eventually burned down since he couldnt pay maintinence on it for so long. 

It finally took a 37 page thread and over 700+ responses in a petition format to get the guy his name back, but he wasnt compensated for his house, or any of his lost possesions.  he ultimately cancelled his account.

the csr's in this game are universally terrible.  i had a factory of mine disappear, took 17 days to get it back, and when they put it back, they put it on top of my new one, destroying my new one, and was told "tough luck" by a csr. 

all this on top of a bug riddled game, no jedi, no creature mounts, no fair pvp, broken classes...  please god send FF XI quickly

sadly, they can get get away with this behavior.  They could care less about how they treat their customers because they know about 1,000 more people will subscribe this week making their porfits the same.

SWG, in my honest opinion, is simply a throw away game in the minds of SOE just to gather enough financial resources to crank their true gem out into production, EQ2.

You think Im crazy? Heh, get  amonth of SWG and check the SWG boards out and also try to talk to a CSR.  You'll see what I am talking about.

I'll never buy another product from Sony again.

• ZoharZohar Member Posts: 673
    In my opinion the only sony game that had somewhat decent customer service was EQ, and that was only because I was a guide. I was as nice as possible to customers but ultimately SOE wouldn't let me or any other guide do squat, we had to forward everything to a GM and you can guess what a GM is like... (if you can't read some of the posts above this one about the CSRs)

• gunnythokgunnythok Member Posts: 268
    Found an interesting post in the back.  Take the link in enigmas post to the game review, post what problems from launch still exist now and what you think of the shift from not having enough jedi to having too many.
  • WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

Originally posted by En1Gma

If you guys dont believe me about the link and the banning, test it for yourself!  Or better yet say in the post "why do you guys ban people for posting other criticizms" heh, i guarantee ya you will be next :p

Ya know, I've never been all that impressed with them, and certainly not intimidated, as they learned the hard way.

They could ban me until the end of time, but the truth is the truth. They are one of the worst managed companies I have ever seen. Truly, the Enron of gaming.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Now that some body rehashed some olllld ass thread, do you still feel the same way about swg enigma?

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

I still think this site needs to give SWG a new honest review instead of the one where the developers lied their rumps off and the interviewer bought into it.

Another radical idea would be to drop SWG from the list. Might get other sites to do the same. Then hey we gotta party. heh

Kai

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

I think its hilarious. This is just another example of SOE's total lack of respect for their customers. And it all started with Ralph Smedly's egotistical attitude towards players. His postings on his site remind me of a scientist talking about lab experiments on rats.

I myself have been banned so many times from SOE's forums I lost count. But like SOE's games, there's a way around that. Simply cancel your account, wait a few weeks then renew it. It works everytime. I got past 4 so-called permanent bannings this way. Hell, I even told Tiggs at Celebration 3 this to point out SOE's stupidity and yet it still works

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

Lol... it is intresting to read old reviews:

"The Jedi are extinct. Their fire has gone out of the universe..."

One of the biggest issues in the game is the simple fact that there are no Jedi. What's Star Wars without Jedi?... bla bla...

...I lay down this challenge to LucasArts and SOE: Prove to me that the Jedi are in the game and that it's possible to become one, and we'll be more than happy to tell everyone all about it. Until then, I (and every other wannabe Jedi) are getting very impatient.

I guess that reviewer did get what he wanted for...
    I want Jedi free server!image

If you want to see forums head to this direct forum url: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg. If you go first to official SWG homepage and then click forums link, you are logged in when you are in SWG homepage. But if you go directly to forums page you are anomously in.

SWG official forums are useless these days. There is just lots of post count farming and totally useless posts. Seems like that there isn't any moderation... image

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• ArtifacTArtifacT Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by Resetgun
    . Seems like that there isn't any moderation... image

theres TONS of moderation when someone says something bad or posts a link to someone saying something bad their posts get deleted and they usually get banned.......

i did for saying ranger was broken and i asked why i got banned from the forums and no one ever responded....

and when i send an email to customer support i get a message saying that the address isnt customer support anymore but at the bottum it says thank you for contacting customer support =/

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

Ick, a zombie thread.

I remember that period in SWG, their team handled the community in the worst fashion. If I remember correctly, they turned the forums from public to private, so non-subscribers could not read any bad reviews that were posted there (quite a futile action).

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Tiggs is our line of communication to the Devs and vice versa. She does not do her job properly. She considers that she is doing her job by copy/pasting devs updates on the forums. She said many things which have been wrong (and those of you that know me know I have the SS's to prove it!).

Therefore, its entirely safe to let Tiggs know of any loophole or anything to get around a banning as she wouldn't know what to do with that info. She would forget about it and just go back to her trailer with a bottle of JD and get pissed with some mulleted friends. Dont believe me? Check out her pics heheheh.

Anyway, Its funny to see threads I read along time ago. Back then alot of the reviews I read kept me from the game, I waiting all the way up until a month or so ago to try it. I should of waited more IMO.

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

Originally posted by madazz

She considers that she is doing her job by copy/pasting devs updates on the forums.

I think you are misjudging the situation. Tiggs' job is what the management has told her it is....

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

Sorry that happened esepcaily if it was past history or recent history but they always have been fast acting to get rid of bad press/bad posts

True story day after patch of dissappearing house, i placed one on ss , outside of ah and next re set i loged in ( had logged out in the house) i was in the ah cantina.

Went to my house it was not there, submited ticket and never got situation resolved i took a break from the game for a few months ( anger) and tried again after march ( first year) at least by that time the server wasn't crashing nightly and or big bad roll backs.

But it was a very long while next time i tried it before i even thought about placing another house.

Weird thing even to this day when shuttling or planet hoping, i still have items that will appear and dissappear in inventory............

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

I think you are misjudging the situation. Tiggs' job is what the management has told her it is....

Some people choose to go above and beyond the duties handed to them.  Others choose only to do the minimum.  Tiggs has never gone and done an exceptional job of anything in the star wars galaxies community.  How does the community relations person only post once a day at most keep there job.

It isn't like they have a whole heck of a lot to do.   She gives the bug report please respond with x,y,z and the reply.  We will look into it.  That is the most she has ever done.  Of which when there is critical failures in a patch she does not do her job and stop mistakes from going live.  Community relations is as much preventative as it is the person to take all the bullets.  She frankly can be fired.  You could get an unpaid intern to post 1 time day the patch notes sent from a developer and then email the developer comments.  She is a total joke.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Exactly, she has failed to convey any of the communities thoughts. She feels like an auto-responder and never offers any solutions.

Take a look at other games CR's, some are absolutely deserving of their positions. IMO some of the WoW CR's are fantastic, on the forums they do try to work with the consumer, they even mention community issues to the devs. Personally I think caydiem is doing a great job. Especially with a community that large and outspoken. Thats one thing to deffinitely keep in perspective.

Further on, even though I no longer enjoy CoH, I felt the CR people were incredible. One only has to look at the dev digest on the forums to see what I mean. Its the only game where even I have had a question personally answered on the forums. Many of the Devs actually post and talk with their community! CuppaJo while not a Dev has been very helpful and seeks out answers if he/she does not have them.

Tiggs on the other hand copy/paste. If your excuse for her poor performance is she does whats shes told, then why do they need her around at all seeing as her position is blatantly needless. She also never makes an attempt to find an answer, she rarely has a solution and will opt to have you fill out a bug report as her answer. She also has no idea which way the game is being directed. She also stated that the XP would not be returned to normal regardless. She also says people were reaching Jedi in 2 weeks. Sounds like someones not keeping tabs on their game.

She is a joke as said earlier.