Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hand me the crank...

patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

Whats the biggest grind game? If the combat is fun, I don't mind grinding for hours.

Comments

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736
    Lineage 2
  • patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

Whats the combat like in L2? Also whats the combat and grinding like in FFXI?

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Sully1881
    Whats the combat like in L2? Also whats the combat and grinding like in FFXI?

There's a grind to FFXI. Probably not as steep as L2, from what I've heard (although I've never played L2) Being FFXI, you grind levels in a group (unless you're playing Beastmaster). I find the combat system interesting. It rewards the knowledgable, intelligent player. It also rewards well-coordinated group play where your party acts as a team instead of individuals who don't cooperate. This means that a good group can be exhilarating to play with. It also means a bad group can make you bang your forehead on the wall until it bleeds. I like it; the good makes up for the inevitable bad. But it's a matter of taste. If you want to grind solo, L2 might be a better choice.

Chris Mattern

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

For PvE, FFXI is the grind king. For PvP and overall, Lineage 2 is the grind of all grinds. It will turn your hair grey, but if it doesn't it's a damn kewl game. Plays on any system, even my work computer which doesn't even have a video card, they both will for that matter. Both games have over 500k subscribers so you won't be lonely save maybe in L2 at the lowest levels.