Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asus N6200 I've tried tech support forums already i please need help

BalterBalter Member Posts: 1,015

I got my Asus N6200 few weeks back

all the games i play since i got it look jagged (edges i mean) and it looks disgusting, and when you move in any direction the jaggedness goes faster if you understand

Also, i am getting choppiness in planetside and BF2 as things are loading late (IE i get beside a tree or close to it and it pops up and loads)

I have the nvidia 77.77 drivers from the site.

Could this be the hardware?

Drivers? (should i try the ones on the disc?)

Computer problem?

it's not the games i know that.

keep in mind the card is a 64 bit in native AGP and has 256 MB of RAM.

My specs are there <-------  and i also used to have SiS 760 integrated video if that helps at all.

My build: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, 4gb G.SKILL DDR2 667MHz RAM, Core 2 Duo e7200 CPU, 250gb Western Digital SATA Harddrive, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.

Comments

• BalterBalter Member Posts: 1,015

I got through to Asus phone support and they said theres 2 possibilities.

one of my 512 sticks of RAM could be bad or it could be the RAM on the card.

So if i test my ram sticks one at a time is it easy to remove?

I don't want to mess it up you remove the clamps right?

Also, once i remove a stick the current one has to be in the top ram stick slot correct?

My build: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, 4gb G.SKILL DDR2 667MHz RAM, Core 2 Duo e7200 CPU, 250gb Western Digital SATA Harddrive, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.

• FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056

Test your ram-Remove one stick and see if it gets better.If it doesnt remove the other and see if it gets better.

It might be your GPU a 5200 or 5500 or whatever you use arnt the reknown if you know what I mean.

or

It might just be your motherboard is just bad quility.If you manage to narrow it down to the motherboard you might have to get a new one. It also might be your Bios but I doubt it.

IRONIC ALERT-He has 512 post and 2x512 sticks of ram.. . . . oh that isnt cool

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

If one stick of RAM is bad, will it not boot up if its in there alone?.

And i just tried one stick, one more to go.

If not ill replace the video card.

If not i'm fucked.

Mobo is a week or two old it's fine its an AMD athlon 3400+

I disabled the SiS 760.

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Originally posted by comeasyouare
    If one stick of RAM is bad, will it not boot up if its in there alone?.
    And i just tried one stick, one more to go.
    If not ill replace the video card.
    If not i'm fucked.
    Mobo is a week or two old it's fine its an AMD athlon 3400+
    I disabled the SiS 760.

Is this a brand new system you put together? Sounds like it is since you jut got the mobo 1-2 weeks ago and now a new video card. Did you install the right chipset drivers for your motherboard?

Yeah i bought the system from futureshop.

Ok so i took out the ram and not i cant get it back in.

It was loose so i tried and it wouldnt boot up.

How the hell do i get the ram back in the slotit wont go in, the pin things fit but it wont fit tightly.

By the way im saying this from my old computer.

please help fast i can't fit the ram in!

the clips wont fit or something but how do i get it all the way in??????

• FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056

Dont be afraid to use a little force to get the ram or anyother part of that matter back.
    Push the ram down evenly down on both sides and it should just pop in if you do it correctly.

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

Im getting worried its not working.

I am pushing it , it goes in the slot but not enough to connect with the connectors.

The connectors seem too far to fit.

Ok finally i found out how to get the RAM in.

Ok how do i tell if i have a bad stick, will it not perform as well, or when i put a good stick in would it fix the problem?

how do i tell whats a bad stick and whats good.

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

Drivers? (should i try the ones on the disc?)

yea that would work there the ones that came with it so they are recomended. push the ram in hard dont worry it prolly wont break that easily. and what the hell why dont you just buy all new ram so you dont have to worry about the probably crappy stuff you have now.

Grim i have ab Asus N6200 as it saus in the thread title.

Could it be a card problem?

what if i got a new card of the same model and it did the same?

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

Grim i have ab Asus N6200 as it saus in the thread title.
    Could it be a card problem?
    what if i got a new card of the same model and it did the same?

holy crap sry thats what happens when you dont go to sleep for 24 hours i thought you got a new mobo damn it, i wouldnt go for another of the same just return it and get something else for the same price.

Ok thanks

I think ill get a new one.

i called asus tech support 4 times and every time it was some guy who sounded like he didnt care.

the last one was very rude.

He said  (and i quote) 'I don't know dude, just return the card where you got it, and get a new one' i said ' i think ill do that ok' and he says 'ok cya' and hangs up.

Yet HP and Compaq support is so much more helpful and welcoming.

I used PC doctor to run a test on my RAM, Mobo, and Card

all the tests passed.