Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tech Support.....

BalterBalter Member Posts: 1,015

This is true in my case its almost exactly what Compaq told me to do.

I dont know why but they tell you to do things completely unrelated to your problem.

My build: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, 4gb G.SKILL DDR2 667MHz RAM, Core 2 Duo e7200 CPU, 250gb Western Digital SATA Harddrive, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.

Comments

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

Usually what I do is search tech forums for my pc problems.  Most tech forums do have search tools too use, I've already solved 10 problems with my pc by just looking at another person's thread they started.  Only if I'm not able to find an answer, I'll usually post.  I RARELY ever use a hotline, only in situations beyond my understanding.

Most techies will ask you alot of diagnostic questions inorder to find the problem or problems you didn't know you had.  Unless it's hardware... I'm not that good with hardware.. I don't really know how that works, hardware is for hardcore techies IMO. image

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.