Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saving up for a mount

VicerynViceryn Member Posts: 177

ok...im finally level 39 (troll hunter) and i kinda waited til the last minute to raise money for my mount.

i currently have about 30 gold (last training session killed my gold) and i am wondering how you guys went about farming for gold for the mount. I've been doing some instances (RFD and SM to name a few) but the money isnt rolling in like i want it to. Do you guys have any advice on the best way to earn as much money as possible?

Any input would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Tradeskills.

I skinned the Gorillas near Booty Bay for just 1 hour a day, sold Thick Leather at the AH, sold about 4 stacks a day, then went out questing cause I can't stand doing the same thing over and over again for more than an hour. I made over 10 gold a day just doing this, including all the Gorilla Hairs that dropped (1 stack sold for 1 gold to a vendor).

Some people went around farming Mithril. Others sold herbs. Other people soloed or duoed the Library in Scarlet's Monestary and disenchant all green loot and gained a Small Radiant Shard (worth 4 gold at AH) from the blue item that Herod drops.

There's tones of ways to make gold at level 40 if you're a hunter.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• Silver.Silver. Member Posts: 368

I'm 35 got 75 gold, never grinded a second, just selling proffesion items...

Cheers! I'm out ::::28::::
    ---------------------------------------------

• InfinitieInfinitie Member Posts: 11

I was lucky and obtained 1 epic and 3 rares that were BOE and not from an instance.  I had 100g in no time.

For the unlucky crowd, farming a tradeskill is probably the fastest acceptable way to gain 100g for your 40 mount.  If you don't care about buying gold off of Ebay(which is also supporting farmers) then it's a great way to get a quick 1000g(i really mean a thousand).

• VicerynViceryn Member Posts: 177

thanks for the tips guys. what i actually did was pick up skinning. i was using engineering, but i could never get into it. so i spent the better part of last night getting my skinning up to 173. now i am in stranglethorn skinning stuff and then selling it at the AH. with all things considered, made about 10 gold last night selling a whole bunch of stuff. thanks the advice guys. ill have a green raptor mount in no time ::::28::