Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a question

My friend was over the other day, and I showed him http://www.exploitsrus.com/swg.html It is a site with cheats, bugs, dupes, etc for star wars galaxies. He told me it was against the rules for swg to do this. Is this true? I am used to cheating on video games for my whole life, so I was sort of shocked to hear this.

Comments

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

for swg to do what?

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Yes it's against the rules for you to use hacks, cheats or exploits. If the GM's catch you at it you can be banned, suspended and have all your access to every SOE title removed.

In severe cases they can even pursue legal recourses against you, if it's serious enough.

I find it really hard to believe you didn't know it was against the rules. It's in the EULA you accept every time you log on. You mean to tell us you haven't even read the EULA at least once?

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Yep it is definately against the rules. Unless of course your character is a jedi then you have to do alot of damage before they even kick you. Jedi are super special and should be worshipped by all. hehe

Seriously SOE has a heavy hand against hacks, cheats, and exploits. Especially dupes. They will ban everyone even remotely connected to a dupe then you have to appeal to get back in. So even if you bought a duped item and didnt know your still getting banned. But at least you can appeal. Usually takes a few days to get back in.

Kai

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Cheating is bad, hmmk? If you have to cheat in video games you suck. I am a nice person, but I can say that with no worry about being in the wrong. Cheating is never ok, and if you have to cheat in online games, there is a special place in hell for you. Seriously, it's really really bad and lame.

Don't cheat and play to have fun, not to win.image

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by anarchyart

Cheating is bad, hmmk? If you have to cheat in video games you suck. I am a nice person, but I can say that with no worry about being in the wrong. Cheating is never ok, and if you have to cheat in online games, there is a special place in hell for you. Seriously, it's really really bad and lame.
    Don't cheat and play to have fun, not to win.image

I dont like cheating for the most part too. However there is something to had from getting only the chainsaw and typing the godmode then around in Doom 3 killing everything. Talk about a great way to burn off some tension. heheehe.

Cheating for the most part I dont like though. Especially in online games where other people are also around. Its rude. Real rude.

Kai

• AbemonAbemon Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Elnator
    You mean to tell us you haven't even read the EULA at least once?

Yes!

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by spanta

My friend was over the other day, and I showed him http://www.exploitsrus.com/swg.html It is a site with cheats, bugs, dupes, etc for star wars galaxies. He told me it was against the rules for swg to do this. Is this true? I am used to cheating on video games for my whole life, so I was sort of shocked to hear this.

LMAO,

I love how this guy apparently doesn't even realize that there is anything wrong with "cheating".

Must be a Lawyer.

"I was sort of shocked to hear this" ------ LMAO

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399
    uhhh, hes just trying to get people to subscribe to his internet site. its just a advertisement.

This discussion has been closed.