Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the best forum to watch as of 8/28/05?

sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

Title says it all, is this the best place to lurk until the official forums come out?

If it is... damn, these are not very nice forums. I suggest we migrate to another board.

If we do have to migrate, anyone have ideas? Are there any free alternatives that are decent? I'm about to break down and buy hosting for a year so we can have a good place to discuss the game. I think I'm going to die from lack of information and the non-existence of a good forum.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

Comments

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

I think so...

I haven't found anywhere else, but the Fallen Earth devs read and sometimes post here, so I dont know if it'd be smart to move? They said i think, we watch these and other forums... so maybe there is other forums somewhere... but I havent seen any yet because I figure here is the best place.

Would paying for a decent forum really be worth it? It's a nice thought, but we don't really have any information to talk about or aspect that hasn't already been dissected here I think? Which is why its so quiet here these days. we've chewed over everything we've been given till there's nothing left.

I imagine when a big batch of infomation next comes out, it'll be on the updated website when it goes live, and then everyone would just be using that forum. so . i dunno. would be a waste of your money really?

unless you had other ideas for it?

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

Thanks for being the voice of reason ::::39::

You're right, this forum is usable until the devs put up an official forum... I was just looking for -anything- to do for the game like making a fansite, etc. I'm about to go crazy just waiting here, and I'm sure many of us are at or near that point.

The fact the devs said "other forums" is what sparked this question. I guess today will be "comb the internet for Fallen Earth forums" day.

• adriradrir Member Posts: 101

I attempted to start my own Fallen Earth discussion site at http://www.travellers-hub.com however there wasn't much interest at the time and when I tried advertising I was met with alot of flame.

Currently I am redeveloping it as a community and information site offline for when the beta is released however I have a phpbb there atm if you guys want to get together there :)

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

Looks excellent.. doubt there will be much traffic for now, but maybe when beta hits there will be more cause for discussion.

Everyone else feel free to mosey on down there, you'r all welcome;

I even updated the skin tonight for you ::::09::

• XilanxivXilanxiv Member Posts: 22
    I'm going to check it out, are you thinking first fansite?
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by adrir
    I attempted to start my own Fallen Earth discussion site at http://www.travellers-hub.com however there wasn't much interest at the time and when I tried advertising I was met with alot of flame.Currently I am redeveloping it as a community and information site offline for when the beta is released however I have a phpbb there atm if you guys want to get together there :)

Having a forum for one game (that has very little info on) usually go dead unless its a clan/guild forum. You can take the time to learn how to make the forums/database/admin etc since there isnt that much to discuss.
    Hopefully the official website will have an update soon but so far it looks like the game is dead.

Just an update since it seems activity has increased again ::::02::

The travellers-hub is a future fansite for Fallen Earth which is currently under development. It is currently accessable by the public although I have not officially declared it as a full-fledged operational fansite since it is not even close to that at the moment.

Currently I am experimenting with content management, discussion and various other community-driven web systems. There is a discussion board for members of the community to communicate through, since some people prefer to use the closely moderated boards inherent to websites of this type.

It is always nice to see some discussions there however it is not unexpected that activity and interest be low with the little information available at the moment, infrequent developer communication and the currently small Fallen Earth community. So don't expect much until the beta begins.

Meanwhile these boards here at mmorpg.com are perfectly sufficient for the community ::::01::

@ JelloB2000:

Yeah, I know that the site will seem rather terrible at the moment and doesn't look like a good fansite but it is there as preparation for when the beta begins, not as a working pre-beta fly-on-the-wall :)

Although the game may seem dead, the developers are making progress, just being frustratingly quiet about lol!

Also the offical website will not get an update because it is getting replaced by a new site and according to the last newsletter, will be installed when the announcement for beta is made.

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

Jello

The game is not dead.

There are threads here and developer posts here which state the complete opposite and assure that its still alive.

So why would you say that? If you read this forum you'd know it is alive.

The game is alive.