Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another night ruined by CCP

CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Last night Stain brought 200 ships into G Alliance territory to attack. This was done at the behest of BoB to try and draw G back from IMP space due to the difficulties they are having. Stain was promptly met with an equal 200 man fleet from IRON/G and various friends of IRON that reside in Deklein. Clearly having experience in dealing with the lag proved beneficial as the G/IRON fleet coordinated their logoff/logon and promptly handed Stain Empire their asses at the gate and every planet.

My point in this is not to smack Stain. It's nice to see people still trying to keep the game fun.

My point in this IS to point out the utter failure of CCP to resolve the lag issue when jumping in major fleet formation. It has been months now and CCP claims theres no issue. CCP needs to wake up. This fight was determined by the lag. This isnt the way things should be determined in EVE. To those unfamiliar i'm not talking about your normal lag. I'm talking about the node completely freezing. I won't even go to major fleet battles anymore because i know the lag will ruin it.

To those who bring a major fleet to attack -- THOSE DAYS ARE OVER!
Fleets should be kept to under 30. If you dont think you can have fun in a fleet of 30 then i feel sorry for you. The days of conquering regions with major fleet tactics are in the past (unless going up against the completely hopeless). Get used to the Alliances you see in 0.0. They will be there for a very long time.

Comments

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Never had any problems with lag apart from the server upgrade and patch days!

But if you have like 200 people in one area then of corse you might crash that server, Yulai never has any problems tho!

I mena lots of mmorpg servers crash from it

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by scaramoosh
    Never had any problems with lag apart from the server upgrade and patch days!

But if you have like 200 people in one area then of corse you might crash that server, Yulai never has any problems tho!
    I mena lots of mmorpg servers crash from it

They have more resources dedicated to places like Yulai where they know they'll have high traffic. The problem is that most of 0.0 is sparsely populated 99% of the time so they dont have the resources set aside for it. Supposedly they have the ability to change that on the fly but they've yet to prove the dynamic quality they're so quick to boast about. The simple truth is they need to reinvest some of their money on the hardware side.

• solesole Member Posts: 78
    hm think its too way thing here the players who need also to upgrade there computers
    but yeas ccp need too look into this also
  • pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

An end to blob warfare?

I'm for it.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

Originally posted by sole
    hm think its too way thing here the players who need also to upgrade there computers

It has nothing to do with pc's. Sure if you have a bad pc some lag will occur but this is totally different as i already explained. These are shard issues. I'm not sure if its hardware of loadshare coding but something in there is performing very poorly.

Originally posted by pyrofreak
    An end to blob warfare?I'm for it.

I'm not. Major fleet combat is an aspect to the game i really enjoy and the primary reason i decided to play the game.

BTW the reason i discuss this here and not on the EVE-O forums is because the moderators will lock and delete any threads that point out the lag issue. They want people to think everything is rosey with their server performance. Come monday all threads concerning this weekends problems will disappear just like they always do.

• leipurileipuri Member Posts: 559

Originally posted by Copeland

BTW the reason i discuss this here and not on the EVE-O forums is because the moderators will lock and delete any threads that point out the lag issue. They want people to think everything is rosey with their server performance. Come monday all threads concerning this weekends problems will disappear just like they always do.

Threads like this http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=217778&page=1  ?Only threads that get deleted are that are obviously ranting and flaming. Belive it or not there is no conspiracy and you can talk about lag issues there in constructive manner.

I knew stain attack before and wished they wouldnt have done it since i would have liked to play saturday. I set long skills and didnt play saturday, but in the end i think its better that Stainers did this because I am sure this is good wake up call to dev when any alliance could form blob and bring server down and ruin game for everyone else too.

Copeland 

Im afraid he is right CCP do a little too much moderating at there forums.

and the "mod" are taking every thing that isnt " 110% roses" as rants.

I realy cant understand how CCP can have voleenters as forum "mod" O thats

right with ccp player support   I realy cant see why the cant handle some "Hot air" from time too time.

• FusionZroFusionZro Member Posts: 4

[quote]Originally posted by Copeland

It has nothing to do with pc's. Sure if you have a bad pc some lag will occur but this is totally different as i already explained. These are shard issues. I'm not sure if its hardware of loadshare coding but something in there is performing very poorly.[/b][/quote]

Being in a few 200+ fleet battles I find turning off turret effects solves alot of the lag problems. The only lag I usually get is at initial warp in when it tries to load up 200+ some ships all at once. Theres some lag during the combat, but I think for me the majority of it is graphical lagging rather then server side lag... I'm sure theres some server side lag don't get me wrong. but turning off some of the effects defiantly helps.

If ignorance is bliss....
    smack this grin off my face.

• leipurileipuri Member Posts: 559

Originally posted by FusionZro

[quote]Originally posted by Copeland
    It has nothing to do with pc's. Sure if you have a bad pc some lag will occur but this is totally different as i already explained. These are shard issues. I'm not sure if its hardware of loadshare coding but something in there is performing very poorly.[/b][/quote]

Being in a few 200+ fleet battles I find turning off turret effects solves alot of the lag problems. The only lag I usually get is at initial warp in when it tries to load up 200+ some ships all at once. Theres some lag during the combat, but I think for me the majority of it is graphical lagging rather then server side lag... I'm sure theres some server side lag don't get me wrong. but turning off some of the effects defiantly helps.

It was server lag or it wouldnt have brought server down.

Sole, there is plenty of threads about the lag when i check these forums now. What would be more annoying is that if people start spamming forums about same topic and copying threads instead posting to exiting ones, so it would just clutter forums and other threads would be somewhere between 50 threads of same subject.

• AgamaAgama Member Posts: 9

Personally I haven't seen too much lag ever..... but in the past few days there have been a few problems on the servers which DID result in a lag spike that got my cruiser destroyed by some drones.

That really wasn't fun....but overall I don't think it is too bad.

update..

After receiving hundreds of petitions for ships lost due to lag CCP has officially responded by saying "server problems? what server problems? we didnt have any server problems!" LOL nobody got their ship back and CCP refuses to acknowledge the problem.