Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System requirement question ...

MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Hey all.

For some reason, within the past few days, I just got a serious itch to try EQII out.    My only thing is:  I'm playing CoH right now, and I like the fact that I can play it on my laptop (Dell Insp 8600 btw).

My wife has basically taken over my gaming machine for work related stuff.

So 2 questions:

1. What are the chances EQII would run on my laptop (I've got 768MB of ram but only a 32MB laptop video card).  I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I just want some opinions from people who actually play it.

2. I played SWG from launch +8 months.  So as you can tell, I'm a little aprehensive about jumping into another SOE product.  How are support, bugs, patches and updates?

I still don't even know why I wanna play this game, I'm enjoying CoH.  But I think I'm ready for a change, and the change will probably be EQII.

Thanks all.

----------------------------------------------
"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

Comments

• HjörvarrHjörvarr Member Posts: 38

It will not work, most likely. If you check the EQ2 site, the minimum video card requirement is a NVidia FX 5200, I think. I am not sure what their ATI minimum is, regardless I think you need at least 128 MB of VRAM if not at least 64MB.

As for SWG vs EQ2, they are very different and the EQ2 team has handled things much differently than the SWG team. I have had EQ2 since launch day and played SWG from a month after launch for about a year, quit and then came back after the CU.

I haven't touched CoH since beta so I cannot give you an accurate reference between the 2. If you like PVP, EQ2 isn't for you right now, with the CoV expansion coming out, you can PVP. But I still say give EQ2 a try if you can get some time on your gaming rig.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

ya it would work. sry = its not because you have a laptop (i know many people who play on a laptop), its the 32mb of video ram. eq2 requires at LEAST 64mb.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Ive played the game on my dell laptop which has 768 RAM and a 64mb Nvidia 5200, and the game gives me around 25 fps in general without spell effects going on. I played EQ2 on the lowest setting with a few things bumped up, but once special effects started flying around, the fps went to unplayable.