Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why So Few Players WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea I play EQ2 i used to play it alot and there were many players and i stopped for a few months came back and all the servers are like barren, it makes me wanna cry whats goin on !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Fab

Comments

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

Because people play the game in diffrent ways from what your used to. I just recently reactivated, but I'm certain its more active (Najena) then in march. But far from as active in the low-level areas as in january (surpise :p). On the other hand, a /who all lfg return more people now then in february.

I bet that once the 7-day-free-return mail is sent you'll see a short but massive increase of confused people :p

Now, just to check, what server are you playing. What server did you play on. And are you sure you didnt just start a new toon and selected a server about in the middle? Or even worse, the exchange?

• ZeffyZeffy Member Posts: 11

Does this game lend itself to someone who like to solo most of the time?

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

It REALLY depends on the hours you play. Although last night at about 12:30am Pacific there were around 40 people in the commonlands and there was actually a lot of banter in /ooc and it was really quite hilarious. Also with the new adventure packs there are a lot more little instances now and many are very solo friendly so people can be having the time of their lives and get lost inside there for their entire playing time per day.

The very best thing you can do is talk to people, make acquaintances and join a guild. Participating on the forums in a substantial way can also help a lot when trying to find and meet people to play with.

And last but not least, the server you choose is paramount to finding the population. Lucan D'lere where I play is usually at medium during peak hours, not thronging masses but definitely healthy and I in my short few days of return have had to turn down quite a few groups, as I don't have much time weeknights (2 hours) so I have just been doing solo quests. The amount of quests now is staggering and they really tell a story that I wanna listen to.

• HippyLettuceHippyLettuce Member Posts: 6

well the server I play on right now is Kithicore but i've been wanting to make a character on lucan so i think i will today.........but i mean everytime i get on and check the load size of the servers its always light

Fab

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Lucan and Antonia are PACKED.

Try those

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Once peoples are guilded, they seldom do stuff outside of the guild.

EQ2 is all about your guild and the community, once you get the tight groups you need, you need to maintain those socials links, and maintening those socials links dont allow you to goes in public zones and do pick up group that much.

It is an extremely social setting, and the more socially inclined a game is, the more socials rules there will be. The server you are on is prolly more elitist, you have to get accepted to progress inside their community.

I would recommend that you go on the servers En1gma says, the socials rules on those servers are prolly more friendly to newcomers.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by En1Gma

Try those

Yeap they are packed and personally I would avoid those.  Can barely get anything done because everything is camped.  I had to leave Antonia server because of it and am much happier in Lavastorm.
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Never had a problem fighting something legendary in Antonia Bayle. Literally never....all the major MOBs needed for Heritage Quests, Lore, etc are readily available.

Looking back since lvl one...I think the only mob I waited for was at lvl 15 with the two ^^ mobs in the sewers (forget their names now)....but that was it

I still say go for Antonia Bayle and Lucen.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Never had a problem fighting something legendary in Antonia Bayle. Literally never....all the major MOBs needed for Heritage Quests, Lore, etc are readily available.
    Looking back since lvl one...I think the only mob I waited for was at lvl 15 with the two ^^ mobs in the sewers (forget their names now)....but that was it
    I still say go for Antonia Bayle and Lucen.

I think it was Lady Darkblade and Marius Darkblade?

Well im jumping back for at least 7 days now, still do not have the AP's so im not that sure what news I will find.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• AdamskaAdamska Member Posts: 129

Well, another explanation is that it is summer, and alot of gamers are out doing things, its also about time of day, because i play mistmoore, and when i usually play its light, but around 5-6pm it gets full, i have a entire guild of 100+ members that I know, for a fact, take breaks on MMO's during the summer.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Are they going to ever offer character transfer to high pop servers? lol I just started playing again last night. (Something out of the blue). Grobb doesn't seem to have many people on it. Rerolling on another server would just make me want to quit yet again. I don't know maybe i'll just roll a new character on one of the servers Enigma listed. As fun as my Assasin is... I must admit to wanting to try a Paladin or ShadowKnight.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by Roin

Are they going to ever offer character transfer to high pop servers? lol I just started playing again last night. (Something out of the blue). Grobb doesn't seem to have many people on it. Rerolling on another server would just make me want to quit yet again. I don't know maybe i'll just roll a new character on one of the servers Enigma listed. As fun as my Assasin is... I must admit to wanting to try a Paladin or ShadowKnight.

They do now, it will just cost you 50 bucks to do it. 
  • Why so few players?  Well, many of the people who have reached the level cap in the game months ago have taken a break till sept 12th when DOF is released.  Also, the game had quite a few problems when it was released which were fixed a bit slower than many peoples attentions spans could bare. 

The game has improved, and in my opinion it will improve much more as of the 12th of this month. 

As for another poster, yes the game is soloable to level 50.  It slows down a bit at 40, but is still completely doable.  There are entire instances dedicated to soloing, The Ark of Harclave is great xp with minimal effort, but still fun because of the situational content. 

Keep in mind though, there are a few classes that are just meant to group, and soloing with them is a bit more difficult than most, examples would be an Illusionist and a Templar (or any priest besides a druid from what i can tell).

I'm optimistic that this game will not go the way of AC2, I believe it has a long life ahead of it.

Keep the Faith. 

• Zenkichi-EVEZenkichi-EVE Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by BarryManilow

Try those

Yeap they are packed and personally I would avoid those.  Can barely get anything done because everything is camped.  I had to leave Antonia server because of it and am much happier in Lavastorm.

Same here, I've been on a handful of different servers and so far, Lavastorm has the best population balance I've seen... Of course now that we say that, we could be screwed by newcomers lol But I couldn't take Antonia. Hardly the designated 'RP' population either.
  • TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Don't forget that concurrency rates drop after a game has been out for a while.  It's natural that just after a game is launched that people play alot, as time goes on those people generally play less hours per week so, therefore, you see fewer players around.  That doesn't mean that subscriptions are drastically down, just that people are playing fewer hours.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

I think mainly the problems are:

1. Everyones in their house selling items

2. Zones

3. They will now only make content for high end of the game! Meaning they will destroy new people coming into the game and stop people joining! The population will keep getting lower

4. The community is horrid! Noone does anything to help anyone outside their guild and theres mainly just rude sad tw*ts who don't talk to anyone

The community is why i quit, such a horrible game!

Atleast on WOW people actually help eachother and theres loads of people on!

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by scaramoosh

2. Zones
    3. They will now only make content for high end of the game! Meaning they will destroy new people coming into the game and stop people joining! The population will keep getting lower
    4. The community is horrid! Noone does anything to help anyone outside their guild and theres mainly just rude sad tw*ts who don't talk to anyone

LOL you're saying WoW has a better community? I'd have to say nuh-uh. While there are some wonderful people in WoW, I have played both and I would say EQ2 has a higher % of civil people. They are 2 different games and will have much different audiences. When was the last time you played EQ2 scara? Will you answer that? And how long did you play for?

On my server there are lots of people, it's Lucan D'lere a RP server. Both games rock, WoW is much easier to play though, thusly anyone can play it. My niece is 7 years old and plays on a PvP server and she just dinged 30 last night. image EQ2 so rewls now, but you need a much better system to get it to flow, but once it does you just can't go back.

• skeezixsskeezixs Member Posts: 66

Yup i came back to see how things are going, and they are going just how i thought they would lol. Getting my free transfer to the bazaarserver selling my account and never looking back. such a horrid game.

The community is your guild, no one outside your guild wants to help you really. Item prices keep going up do to everything has attunement, the reason i gave up before. Attunement is such a brain dead lack of trying way to fix theeconomy issue.

The solo content is there which is cool for all that time your lfg if not able to group up with guildies.

The combat is so mindless, press 1 thru 0, repeat. mob dies yeah i win.  All the raids i went on were dull, and came down to what classes you had and how well geared you were. The lack of skill needed to play the game is depressing.

The lvling goes way to fast the first day i played i hit lvl 15 out 50. Bah! Got lvl 50 in 2 months have a few other toons lvl 30+

The crafting is the worst i have seen spending 30 minutes to make one item. true its more realistic but so dry and boring. I so prefer the click combine and its either done or not done.

Only improvement i saw was adding imbued stuff to crafted gear seemed nifty. Cash drops are cool, items seem to be more common. but not enough to make up the fact everything now cost 4 times as much.

at least we all got to see how the attune everything did not work like they wanted, my gear before sold fo 5g at most now it would cost me 20+g an item for the same gear.  That and alot of the gear on my want list is never for sale on the broker and 75% of the gear is all crafted, which make almost everyone of same class/ lvl look exactly alike, they have almost all the exact same gear.. boring.

Out of the people i used to play with on the server till the time i came back only about 1/10 still play and alot more of my friends that are still on are hoping dof will save the game or they are out too.

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722

I tell you I hate SOE. I have played three games (not including EQ) of theirs and they all have been released broken, missing content, poorly designed and their answer to “making the game better” was to keep changing the classes. I told myself I wasn’t going to buy the game and did so anyway. After trying it for just under a week and finding out that the entire crafting system was broken, that the spell system was broken, and that fighters were broken I gave up and resigned that SOE again stole $40 of my money. I would imagine that is the general consensus by many players that quit.

• HjörvarrHjörvarr Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by scaramoosh

2. Zones

Ohh boy... let me go point by point.

1. Not sure where this came from, but I have not been on in a month. But prior to my deployment I was on mostly with characters from the Isle to mid teens (a few new friends joined Jodokai and I in EQ2). That being said, even when one or two of us was on, we always had a group.

2. I don't see how zones are such a problem, I hear people complain about them regularly, but I still don't get the problem. I have never had a problem with them.

3. Are you kidding me, they have added a ton of content since launch for all levels. Let alone EQ1 is a perfect example of their track record on how they have added content accross the board. A large portion of new content might be added to the higher levels because they also may need to try and keep the current subscribers happy as well. My confusion is, how is WoW any different from EQ in that respect.

4. As for community, maybe it was the server you were on or maybe the time of day on that server. I have played both WoW and EQ2 and I will take the EQ2 crowd any day of the week (I have one character who is guilded, and I hardly play it anymore, the rest are unguilded and I get help all the time). In WoW I dealt with more griefers and juvenile imbeciles than I would care to, before they made it worse with the honor system. On Lucan when one of my characters needed to talk to an NPC, a person who was about to kill him asked if any needed to talk to him before he killed him and politely waited 5 or so mins until I did. I never saw that on either of the 2 WoW servers I was on. On the opposite end, I saw Alliance members camping Horde quest givers for hours on end at the Crossroads, Razor Hill and Bloodhoof Village. Emoting taunts that by preventing the lowbies in the Horde from advancing, they increased the strength of the Alliance. That to me is the definition of sad twats right there.

Are there good people in WoW, definately and they made me stay longer than I would have. There are also good people in EQ2. I know this for sure though, the bad members of the WoW community coupled with the way the game is designed, gives them an opportunity to ruin your experience far more than in EQ2. I have met a few jerks in both, but I can say that in EQ2, the idiots don't run how or when I have to play the game. In WoW, they do.

That being said, feel free to stay in WoW, I'll be here getting along just nicely.

• skeezixsskeezixs Member Posts: 66

bah wow is worse than eq 2...blizzard makes great corpg games and stratagy games, but there mmorpg has alot of issues. personally i have yet to seen a game get it right yet, in fact to many are catering to the new gen gamers that want a corpg but with more players it seems.  They just don't make sense to me.

So many of the new games have tons of instancing, solo content, and fast lvling and travel. personally i don't want a fast streamlined path from lvl 1 to max lvl. I want the loot to be trade able, not this new one time use grabage. Which with eq 2 it did nothing to help the economy it just made the prices go up by 400% on the old gear i had when i quite. It also lowered selection so now everyone is just about the same, how boring. Their new crafting system was nifty at first but taking 30 to 45 mins fo 1 stupid item is insane.