Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having a mysterious problem posting when I quote a previous post

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited May 2023
    Kyleran said:
    Vrika said:
    When the problem happens, switch to HTML -view

</> -button above the text edit box.
    Not seeing that button on the phone browser 
    Yes it is not full proof because sometimes the buttons when you edit are not the same, you can get a reduced number of coloured ones or a an increased number of black and white ones with Toggle HTML at the right hand side. On my Edge with PC. I had the later this time, so could quote.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    @Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Vrika said:
    When the problem happens, switch to HTML -view

</> -button above the text edit box.
    Not seeing that button on the phone browser 
    Yes it is not full proof because sometimes the buttons when you edit are not the same, you can get a reduced number of coloured ones or a an increased number of black and white ones with Toggle HTML at the right hand side. I had the later this time, so could quote.
    Tried switching to Duck Duck Go, still no HTML edit button ....

LoL, but did hit the black box replying to this post

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    @Admin @lotrlore @StevenWeber

Anyone?

It's still happening and getting worse.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    I went to the MMORPG.com website this morning and tried to comment on the new LOTR game, got the black boxes. No quoting, just a simple post.

Logged off the website, and when I came back I had to go through logging in and proving I am a human. After that, the post went fine.

I wonder if it has something to do with the login status?
    Kyleran

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

edited May 2023
    olepi said:
    I went to the MMORPG.com website this morning and tried to comment on the new LOTR game, got the black boxes. No quoting, just a simple post.

Logged off the website, and when I came back I had to go through logging in and proving I am a human. After that, the post went fine.

I did that, cleared cookies, turned off ad blocker and my spelling extension... still happened but it's random. And the workaround of switching to HTML posted above only works some of the time.
    Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    olepi said:

I did that, cleared cookies, turned off ad blocker and my spelling extension... still happened.

It is a nuisance when you can't even post a simple comment, without quotes or anything special. It just started happening too.
    Kyleran

------------

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Must be you guys and your unworthy posts!

Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

I just noticed that the front page (not forums) has a slightly new look with some bars on the top right that pops-up a menu on the left when you click on it.

Our forum problems might be related to the work they were doing on that.
    Kyleran

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

I don't see that just the top Trending line then the red Play Now (on the pull down menu's line) and the blue Latest Forum Activity. MMORPG sits on its own line with nothing else on it.
    Scot said:
    I don't see that just the top Trending line then the red Play Now (on the pull down menu's line) and the blue Latest Forum Activity. MMORPG sits on its own line with nothing else on it.
    It's definitely there for me. Maybe because I got rid of all cookies?
    Kyleran

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

I bet this comment won't post. the main page has the login button available, meaning I'm not logged in. But the post page has my icon, meaning I am logged in.

------------

olepi said:
    I bet this comment won't post. the main page has the login button available, meaning I'm not logged in. But the post page has my icon, meaning I am logged in.

Well, guess I was wrong. The main page still shows me as not logged in. Weird.

------------

olepi said:
    olepi said:

Well, guess I was wrong. The main page still shows me as not logged in. Weird.
    The main page has been like that for me for ages. Being logged in to the forums doesn't automatically log you into the main site. I even still have an ancient avatar there different from my forum avatar I haven't bothered to update.
    Kyleran

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

The issue seems to be gone for me now. Is anyone still getting it?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited May 2023
    Iselin said:

Testing 1 2 3 ,,,

edit: testing 4 5 6 ...

------------

• lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 557
    We're having a dev look into this. Thanks for your patience, y'all.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    @Iselin said:

Yup, got it tonight. I deleted the name, replaced it with an "@name" and that worked.

Just 30 or so minutes ago. Using Firefox.

LOL I'm getting it NOW as I try to post.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I have had the same exact issue...Started about a week ago or so
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 557
    Heard from our dev a bit ago - deployed a fix and hopefully everything is working as it should. Let us know here if the issue persists for you.
    OldKingLog
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    Whoops, just tried to quote your post Lotrlore and got the same issue.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited May 2023
    lotrlore said:
    Heard from our dev a bit ago - deployed a fix and hopefully everything is working as it should. Let us know here if the issue persists for you.
    Still busted. I have to delete my text, and the quote, and retry to get it through

That's been the workaround so far, I'd copy my original response and then just paste it when requoting
    Yeah the fix does not seem to be working.
    Sovrath
    edited May 2023
    Scot said:

Testing 1 2 3 ...

Edit: testing 4 5 6 ...

Edit 2: testing 7 8 9...

Not getting the problem with this post.

------------

edited May 2023
    olepi said:
    Scot said:

Testing 1 2 3 ...

I still am, remember it is quite random. HtML allowed me to quote that time.
    edited May 2023
    Scot said:
    olepi said:
    Scot said:

Testing 1 2 3 ...

I still am, remember it is quite random. HtML allowed me to quote that time.

Test for multiple quotes. Seems to work.

------------