Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ethyrial is coming out on Monday the 1st of May. Here to answer all your questions.

slythsslyths Member UncommonPosts: 208

Hey everyone, just wanted to make you all aware that Ethyrial is coming out on monday the 1st.

Its a new MMORPG with many classic MMORPG elements.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21qaqTinwWY

Steam Link:https://store.steampowered.com/app/1277920/Ethyrial_Echoes_of_Yore/

Instead of writing a wall of text with all the information, I will answer any question you have about the game.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Who are you
    maskedweaselKyleranAndemnon

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,457
    edited April 2023
    It seems that they will have a $10/month sub but idk. Nothing venture, nothing gained, so good luck to them.

"Teamwork is a must: Work closely with teammates to overcome the dangers of Irumesa. Delve into instanced dungeons, challenge mighty bosses, and solve mysteries of ancient ruins, hidden civilizations, and long-forgotten arcane strongholds - all while keeping each other alive." Some might say that's what hurt Ember's Adrift so badly, alongside the monthly sub.

Dibdabs
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    1) What is the player cap?
    To be specific, what is the maximum number of players who can fit within the same virtual environment?

2) What are the combat mechanics?
    Are you going action-combat, or something more engaging?

3) Is PvP consensual, or free-for-all?

4) How has the progression been designed?
    Is is vertical (you get more powerful as u progress) or horizontal (you unlock more choices / options) ??

5) Player housing - how does it work?
    The steam page mentions occupying houses in towns (sounds like preset housing) as well as things like guild fortresses (which sounds like player choices / design).

6) Loot vs Crafting
    The steam page mentions a great crafting and economic stuff, which im all in favour of. However, such design is usually undermined by having the best stuff be looted. How's it work here?

I'll be honest, I'm put off by the graphics and the full loot, but I am intrigued by non-instanced player housing and the economy.
    Andemnon
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    ugly !!!!!!!!!!!
    Tiller
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Dattelis said:
    It seems that they will have a $10/month sub but idk. Nothing venture, nothing gained, so good luck to them.

Apparently they have a free starter zone, and you only have to pay to go beyond that.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Quizzical said:
    Dattelis said:

Apparently they have a free starter zone, and you only have to pay to go beyond that.

A literal paywall
    strawhat0981
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Never heard of it and pass
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Is this what became of Ages of Athiria? The theme music sounds very much like theirs. I did a search on YouTube but it's no longer there. 
    Unfortunately, too much water has run under the bridge, and the only name I can remember is Kressilac. 

Anyways, this looks like a UO type of game. Is that accurate? 

I agree with others, I don't like the character art. I think much of the building's art has a charmingly warm feel, but not the nature stuff. 
    Movement is too slow for my likes. 

I like the UO design, but not the open world PvP. Unless there's a workable Justice System, which I've never seen any game properly institute. Anything here for us to know? 

Overall, other gamers may accept the art and the open world PvP, and I wish you luck. 
    Andemnon

Once upon a time....

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited May 2023
    I see they did a nice job manipulating the MMORPG.com hype meter to 9.8 using only 28 votes, then posted that as the game's "rating"on the web site.

Game seems totally legit. 

:D 
    Post edited by Kyleran on
    HengistSlapshot1188TillerDibdabsBrotherMaynardAndemnon

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Xsolla payment processing so make sure you have lots of spare cash on hand to cover all the "oops we did it again" extra charges,
    KylerankitaradAndemnon
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    Not my thing...
    Kyleran
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Other than Eve Online, open world PvP in games has - at least up to now - been poorly implemented and always left wide open to griefing and exploits.  I hope this one avoids that pitfall and I wish them well.  Paying a sub for a PvP game isn't going to persuade me to buy it though, not when what is loosely described as "PvP" in mmo games amounts to non-stop ganking, alpha tribes killing any player that they come across and endless pillars/foundations (or the equivalent of) scattered everywhere.
    TillerAndemnon
    Who are you
    Where are you?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Who are you
    Where are you?

The future apparently.
    Andemnon
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited May 2023
    Not many answers forthcoming. 
    Post edited by Dibdabs on
    cameltosisAndemnon
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    edited May 2023
    "People, here's a list of sites that I put out posts on, to drum up some interest." 

"...MMORPG.COM?!   Are you out of your freaking MiND?" 

-------
    Other related quotes...
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. 
    And let's not even talk about MMORPG.COM." 
    ValdemarJDibdabsAndemnon

Once upon a time....

• ValdemarJValdemarJ Member RarePosts: 1,107
    This is getting soundly trashed in Steam reviews. Lots of people obviously aren't used to MMO launches especially from little indie teams. It's easy to spot the MMO gamers, they falling all over each other to let other reviewers know this is just fine.

Two top concerns, by the few reviews that seemed level headed, were the ping and server quality and then the game not meriting the subscription cost.
    Andemnon
    You can't play f2p, I guess sub isn't even working lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• DarkhawkeDarkhawke Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Tiller said:
    Been playing the f2p all nite , interesting game so far , trade skills are well done , feels a bit clumsy att first , but it's growing on me , very Runescape like.
    Darkhawke said:
    Tiller said:
    Been playing the f2p all nite , interesting game so far , trade skills are well done , feels a bit clumsy att first , but it's growing on me , very Runescape like.

Why not just play Runescape then? It's pretty much free.
    Andemnon
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited May 2023
    Still nothing from the sockpuppet I see.  Not on the Reddit mmorpg thread either.  It all seems very shady.

Anyhoo, I finally managed to join the free to play European server to see how the game looked and uninstalled pretty quickly.  It's not worth a subscription, simple as that.  it comes across as a low-effort asset flip aimed purely at attracting an undeserved subscription.
    Post edited by Dibdabs on
    kitaradAndemnon
    edited May 2023
    How do you know you are dealing with a shill? Because they discount the issue you and lots of folks apparently were having; and the developer patches the issue.

Yesterday the logging into server with newly created character was not working at all; the button that is. I checked today and all of a sudden I have 2 characters on two different servers I had attempted to create. Not sure what kind of servers though since I just started spamming the buttons to get into something.

Today I clicked on one of two characters I had apparently created, and nothing happens......2 minutes later all of a sudden a queue pops up. Well, what place in line am I in that queue? No idea so I click 'leave queue', only nothing happens, so the only way to apparently leave the queue is to just quit the game entirely. I mean not only is the game not great, it's completely broken and doesn't even want you to play it.

Also I guess they are double charging people's credit cards for subs...wtf.
    Andemnon
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Tiller said:
    How do you know you are dealing with a shill? Because they discount the issue you and lots of folks apparently were having; and the developer patches the issue.

I didn't.  I just asked who the guy was since he came and posted an AMA for the game.  Was he a Developer?  Was he a Streamer?  Was he just a fan?  Then when the guy never returned, I kind of assume he was just spaming all kind of boards to drum up interest for the game.

KyleranSovrathAndemnon

Tiller said:

I didn't.  I just asked who the guy was since he came and posted an AMA for the game.  Was he a Developer?  Was he a Streamer?  Was he just a fan?  Then when the guy never returned, I kind of assume he was just spaming all kind of boards to drum up interest for the game.

I was talking about Darkhawke with the below comment, he's been posting in multiple threads stating how excellent the game is lol.

Darkhawke said:
    Tiller said:

SWG Bloodfin vet

• DarkhawkeDarkhawke Member UncommonPosts: 212
    edited May 2023
    Tiller said:
    Tiller said:

I was talking about Darkhawke with the below comment, he's been posting in multiple threads stating how excellent the game is lol.

Darkhawke said:
    Tiller said:

First of all I did not say the game was excellent anywhere .

Show where I said that , you can't,  so stop your over the top dramatic lies .
      And fact is I did not have trouble getting in or playing , as I said it's clumsy , but has well done trade skills .

Fact is I read the forums before I even downloaded saw the problems people were reporting,  saw the ways to avoid . Smart kids will do this , the other kids will create a toon and sit and hit Enter repeatedly causing more problems for the server and themselves. Next time you should take some time to read abit .
        So I followed the advice , and got in, and played all nite with some lag as I said , with nothing crazy.

I made 2 comments ( not multiple threads )the one you show above and another saying " I was able to get in F2p server opening  day" ( thats it , nothing else)So if you took any time at all to read thru the forums there were people who were able to get in and play , on launch and on the f2p server , many could not tho . So by your logic all the people that got on are Shills?.

Also , some advice , before you go blurring out that someone is  a shill , maybe take 5 minutes to look thru there post history , it would be very easy to figure it out. 

So I'm no shill , but you certainly are a blatant liar.

Post edited by Darkhawke on
    Andemnon