Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Testers needed - www.firepeak.com

Hello Everyone

Just a quick note - I work for a startup online games company called FIREPEAK that are producing an online games creator product that allows non-technical people to make and play their own online games.

Our full product is not release until next year, but we need people to test our Network Engine using our demo space game called REBIRTH

The beta will be in December, but please register now if you want to join in - its free and should be good fun image

Find us at www.firepeak.com

Thanks

Gareth Wilson

Games Designer

www.firepeak.com

Comments

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    I think it would be interesting, but the last product I saw that allowed people to create their own game failed and failed hard core.  Granted it didn't have much useful content and did not support multiplayer.  Main thing I see blocking your product is that people are lazy and won't finish what they start.  Half decent games created by players will be few and fare between, the rest will be useless crap that no ones wants to play.  Hopefully you get a bunch of hardcore fan boys that will pump out decent games.  Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
    Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

I have to agree with Squee on this. Making your own games is a idea everyone loves until you learn how hard it is to do. Then buying games looks pretty attractive.

I'm interested to see what tools you could provide that would allow to make games of any type of quality and/or flexibility with limited knowledge?

-=-=-=-=-
    A game is only late untill it's released, but it's bad forever.
    A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• gareth303gareth303 Member Posts: 2

Thanks for your reply they are good points that we've had to think about when designing the product

We will cater for the lazy as we're planning a load of ready made content (3D models, audio etc) that people can use in their own games, as well as a load of wizards to create your world without a load of work.  Also people get to access other peoples games made on our system as part of their subscription.

For the more keen there is a complete scripting language too.  The subscription fee willl also include us hosting your created game - so we'd like to attract the people who are stuggling to make their own online games, mainly because they dont have their own servers and network engine.

More info at www.firepeak.com anyways

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

i could have SWORN i posted a reply to this at school.....

image I SWEAR I REPLIED image