Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Pre-Alpha Players Stream with CohhCarnage

BazgrimTVBazgrimTV Member UncommonPosts: 39
I'm curious to hear what you all thought of our Pantheon stream with Cohh yesterday! Below are the links to all of different perspectives of this group gameplay. We'd love to hear if you want to see more streams like this, or if there was anything you think we should have done differently? We had a ton of fun, so hope to be able to do more shows in the future!

Bazgrim - Monk:
Desryn - Shaman:
Draq - Wizard:
TheNathanNapalm - Dire Lord: https://www.youtube.com/live/S52QYWeGgGw?feature=share
CohhCarnage - Rogue: 
achesomaBabuinix

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited April 2023
    I think that you always pop in here, drop some links to your videos, and disappear for months or even a year. I guess it's free advertising for yourself but really not my thing.

Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Well I made it 26 mins into the shaman video. I wish I could say I was excited but that was underwhelming to put it nicely.

For some perspective this is from 7 years ago:

It just blows my mind to watch these new videos and think, "That's where they are?". Are we looking at another 7 years before this gets out? 

It must just be hype and potential because if what they showed in those videos released today I wouldn't even want to play it.

Every other MMO I can think of I would rather play. From EQ, WAR, Rift, WoW, CoH, DAoC, SWG, etc. It doesn't look like a spiritual successor to EQ it looks like a crappy amateur hour knock off. It's heart breaking, depressing and disappointing.

/sigh

KyleranBrainy

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    It's not very polished but it does play exactly like grouping and taking on mobs in Everquest was but that was 1999. So I am not too sure how popular this game will be but I guess the polish can come later. 

The part where they mezzed the mob and the other guy who came to help broke it had me laughing thinking back to the times this has happened when I played Everquest. That part where people went down and were quickly rezzed up was also something very familiar and they managed to take the mobs down. Although the other group did train off some of the mobs so that helped.

It's just that the whole package is quite crude looking. I am really skeptical about the game right now.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited April 2023
    I'd like to see videos which included more objective guest streamers who were not investors or flat out fans of Pantheon get invited to go with these groups.

KiraTV comes to mind first on my list but I'm sure there's quite a few others here could name.

They could even call this slot "the 10th Person view" (World War Z reference) for use by any guest who happened to be invited, heck, maybe even a TV or movie celebrity or two.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I think that you always pop in here, drop some links to your videos, and disappear for months or even a year. I guess it's free advertising for yourself but really not my thing.

I'm not even sure Bhaz comments much on his own channel but that seems typical of many streamers that I've watched, so much video, but so few words....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I'll be fine playing it if it comes  out but I do think the developers need to step it up a bit. I do hope the level of polish in the video that Nilden posted can make it to the areas we see in these new videos.

At least as far as landscape.

Also, as much as you had fun (glad you did) for a game like this that fun isn't that infectious.

Playing a slow moving and deliberate game where you are interacting, with other players can be fun. Watching you play a slow moving deliberate game where you are interacting with players isn't all that fun.

Good that you are showing stuff but at this point showing more progress would be better.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This didn't really need a new thread but I watched some of the latest video.

Needless to say maybe they should show and not tell all they did was talk for 50 minutes. When your game is this far into development and you can't even bother to show anything in game or even concept art or anything, a chart, something. It's pretty much AA's from EQ and they stretch that out for almost an hour. 

Actually when I say far into development that only applies to the actual time it's been in development not the progress they have made.

Anyway to show I watched this boring yawn fest they explain how you will get mastery points by leveling up, xp, and some crystal you make from rare drops and then can buy and trade.

Then they give examples:

Rogue gets more backstab damage, cooldown reduction...

Direlord gets some phantom thing that taunts more...

Enchanters get a mez mana reduction...

Clerics get an undead nuke with a snare...

Monks get feign death... and they make a super lame joke...

It's just AA's from EQ. That's literally all they had to say. They could have made this a 5 minute video showing this to you in game or with a chart or put this info on a website but no they do a podcast and spend an hour making a video talking about this. What a waste of time and useless, convoluted way to deliver information. 

I would be surprised if this launches in the next 5 years with the way these guys are going. Watching these guys make this game is like watching a sloth take a detour, it's painfully slow and unnecessary with no sense of urgency. 

KyleranBrainy

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,026
    I like how
    fanboy 1 says, its only been 10 years, but its definetly had alot of progress.
    fanboy 2 says, I "THINK" all the progress was under the hood, where you cant notice it.
    fanboy 3, says, its probably just copium but we just like the game so it doesnt matter to us.

Yeah its a joke actually.  Now they gonna showcase this every month so I get to see everything plastered in forums and youtubes before I even get to play.  So fun. 

I definetly will be in the alpha when its supposed to start, "3 years ago".  But not before the game releases 5 years ago.

I wonder if this game will break due to the negative numbers going on.