Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO Games you want to see shut down

OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
edited April 2023 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Lord of the Rings Online
DDO
Everquests
DCUO
Elder Scrolls

How about you ?
DibdabsKidRiskkitaradQuizzicalIselincheyaneKylerandelete5230dragonlee66Andemnonand 2 others.

Comments

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    None of them.

I post stuff I think might be too negative and critical that consider I should provide a positive light on but talk about taking the cake.

Why would you want something shut down? Just don't play it if you don't like it. Someone else might enjoy it I'm not about to take away their fun.

This is really in poor taste.
    mklinicKidRiskkitaradIselincheyaneTheocritusKylerandragonlee66olepimcrippinsand 4 others.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited April 2023

DDO
    Everquest 1
    DCUO
    Rift
    DAOC
    OG_SolareusKyleran

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    This is a nasty selfish list.
    IselincheyaneKyleranNildenMendeldragonlee66AndemnonKidRiskWhiteLanternmcrippinsand 2 others.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited April 2023
    :# 

Chamber of Chains
  • UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    While I certainly have negative opinions of certain titles, that doesn't translate to a desire for any of them to expressly be shut down.

Perhaps a better question is if there's ones I or others wish there was a better version of?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    The more options the better. IF you dont like them, dont play them. That simple.
    NildenMendelAndemnonGorwe
  • OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    edited April 2023
    It is a negative list, because it's the negative experiences I've had dealing with these games.

Not everything is sunflowers and rose peddles. The genre needs to out the lame ducks to progress. Allowing titles to do the minimum effort and still be deemed playablable needs to change.

Why do we all have to pretend anymore, and that is what a lot of did. Pretend things were peachy keen when deep down, the burn in our heart faded years ago.

New blood is need, the fatigued old lame ducks of yesterday need to be washed away !

Bring on Throne and Liberty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
    Dibdabs
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Anything on the top 10 crypto gaming lists.

Yeah, I don't care if it's being nasty, these games need to 

OG_SolareusSlapshot1188Angrakhandragonlee66AndemnonolepiGorweChampie

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    It is a negative list, because it's the negative experiences I've had dealing with these games.

Not everything is sunflowers and rose peddles. The genre needs to out the lame ducks to progress. Allowing titles to do the minimum effort and still be deemed playablable needs to change.

Why do we all have to pretend anymore, and that is what a lot of did. Pretend things were peachy keen when deep down, the burn in our heart faded years ago.

New blood is need, the fatigued old lame ducks of yesterday need to be washed away !

Rose Petals...
    Playable....

As others have already said, if you do not like those games, that is fine, just do not play them, others do like them, and do play them, which is why they are still available and playable, no need to shut down any of them.
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    I dont want any shut down
    I want more and better released
    Sovrathdragonlee66Gorwe
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038

OG_Solareus
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    OG_Solareus
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Lord of the Rings Online
    DDO
    Everquests
    DCUO
    Elder Scrolls

How about you ?
    I gave this post an awesome for the fact of the OP must be trying to piss everyone off and it worked :)

I have my own comment to this. However do to extream levels of high chemo and radiation, I'll not comment yet. 

MendelOG_Solareus
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Neverwinter.
    I want a proper MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013
    I don't' want to see any game shut down. People losing their jobs and there are probably people who actually like them.

Also what's the real idea of the question? If they are shut down then a new and better version can be made?

Don't really see any evidence to that. A worse and crappier version can be made.
    KidRiskGorwe
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Kyleran said:
    Anything on the top 10 crypto gaming lists.

Yeah, I don't care if it's being nasty, these games need to 

Yup.  Thats what I was going to post. You have to kill the infection before it takes over the body.  
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    edited April 2023
    Although I agree shouldn’t shut down games as others may enjoy; maybe we can make an exception for all the Bless games for predatory practices.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Lord of the Rings Online
    DDO
    Everquests
    DCUO
    Elder Scrolls

How about you ?
    I gave this post an awesome for the fact of the OP must be trying to piss everyone off and it worked :)

I have my own comment to this. However do to extream levels of high chemo and radiation, I'll not comment yet. 

No, I don't think anyone is pissed. They are just saying they don't think games (or certain games) should be shut down.

It's not all drama.

Sorry about your health though. Feel better.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

What makes you think Throne and Liberty is going to be so awesome? It will look good but will it be a good game? Don't get me wrong, looking good is a huge plus. But there is no guarantee a new game is going to be any better.

And sure, I could come up with negative things to say about the games on your list. With me thinking Dungeons and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings Online and Elder Scrolls Online being disappointments for me.

But all that really shows is that most games have some sort of disappointment as we aren't the people making them.

I look forward to your "Throne ad Liberty sucks" post after it comes out.

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564

Yeah bring on yet another monetized to shit Asian grinder, because that's what will save the MMORPG industry *he said his voice dripping with sarcasm*

No matter what experiences you may have had, shutting these games down won't solve anything its not like they are going to be replaced with something better.
    KyleranIselin
  • dragonlee66dragonlee66 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I am glad some of you are not in charge of these games
    KyleranOG_Solareus

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    edited April 2023
    Kind of an odd question really, why would we *want* an MMO to shut down?

Perhaps a case could be made for LoTRO, if it is blocking the development of a new version. Same for many games. I don't want any game to shut down, but I do want newer versions of plenty of games.

Or maybe Star Citizen, although it hasn't gone online yet, so being shut down doesn't mean much. I'd like to see a really good space-based MMO, and maybe Star Citizen is sucking all the oxygen and funding up. But I still don't want it to shut down.

I have to admit though, like Kyleran, all the NFT/blockchain/money-sucking-lawyer-games could be shut down and I wouldn't even notice.
    Kylerandragonlee66MendelOG_SolareusGorwe

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Shutting down MMORPGs?  It seems an unlikely thing.

One thing the predatory crowdfunding games should have taught us by now is that these type of games take a really long time to build.  Shutting all MMORPGs would only mean that we'd not have anything at all to play for the next 5-10 years.  Then, there's the distinct possibility that new games would not be an improvement over what is out there now.  So shutting down old games to release an IP for a newer game is probably a losing strategy.

There's also a significant number of people who are enjoying the older games for various reasons.  Many of these people have no intention to change games.  These people are contributing to the livelihood of developers.  I don't see any reason to upset their apple cart.

Sure, some games could use a serious revamping, especially those that are showing their age.  But let's not encourage a shutdown of any games for whatever reason.

Sovrath

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DarkhawkeDarkhawke Member UncommonPosts: 212
    None , hot take is bad take
This discussion has been closed.