Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anvil Empires is a Massively Multiplayer Open-World Conquest Game From Foxhole Developer Siege Camp

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnvil Empires is a Massively Multiplayer Open-World Conquest Game From Foxhole Developer Siege Camp | MMORPG.com

Anvil Empires is a newly announced massively-multiplayer war game from Foxhole developer Siege Camp. The upcoming open-world sandbox conquest game is set to begin pre-alpha testing in April.

Read the full story here

Babuinix

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited March 2023
    Well let's see...

Is it a PVP focused game?

Childish af community seems to check.....

;)
    SplattrDigDuggyAlleineDragonfyredefroststarAlomarZenJelly

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SkeeterslintSkeeterslint Member UncommonPosts: 71

judging by discord the community seems to be childish af... we talking fortnite level

Welcome to Foxhole/Anvil only the children spend time in Discord, the players are actually, you know, playing the game not wasting time in discord or reddit.
    McSleazAlleineDragonfyreAlomarZenJelly
    Yet here you are....
    MadBomber13ZenJelly

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    That's interesting....

Never went on the Foxhole discord, but when I gave the game a whirl, it was one of the best communities that I've seen. Absolutely some toxic folks, but that's everywhere. The bulk of the players seemed interested in helping newbie's (like I was) contribute to the war effort. Was a pretty good feeling.

I wonder though about Anvil Empire, and Foxhole both. I suppose quite a bit will be re-skin of what was a good idea, and solid execution. Just seems like it's going to poach from an overlapping market of people who are looking for that, and dilute the overall player base. I'm a little surprised they didn't keep the focus on Foxhole for awhile longer before announcing another game that is aimed at the same market.
    ValdheimAlomar
  • AlleineDragonfyreAlleineDragonfyre Member UncommonPosts: 9

judging by discord the community seems to be childish af... we talking fortnite level

How about judging the game not people that have nothing to do with it?
    AlomarMcSleaz
    Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars!
    Broadcasting in the Metaverse
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    The second and third screenshot looks exactly how I always wished a new Stronghold game should look like. I totally dig the artstyle. To the wishlist it goes!
    Alomar
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Cant wait to RP as Brave Heart!
    Alomar

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    literally a reskin of foxhole with dark age theme....and thats a good thing.
    blix2006 said:
    Be interesting to see how they will address the reskinning of armored vehicles...
    KidRisk

Kyleran said:

blix2006 said:

Be interesting to see how they will address the reskinning of armored vehicles...

only thing it could be is carts with supplies and siege engines.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I'm wondering if there will be any preset factions.  If it's totally committed to the sandbox idea, there's the possibility that this will quickly evolve into a 29-sided battle.  That alone should be interesting.  Maybe not enough to play, but interesting enough to watch.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:

I'm wondering if there will be any preset factions.  If it's totally committed to the sandbox idea, there's the possibility that this will quickly evolve into a 29-sided battle.  That alone should be interesting.  Maybe not enough to play, but interesting enough to watch.

instead of allies vs axis maybe an infinite amount of "houses"