Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does a game like this exist?

zypherantzypherant Member UncommonPosts: 18
edited March 2023 in General Gaming
Hey! Was curious if there is a full fantasy game where I can play solo in the world but have an option to jump around to other people's server whenever I wanted but still with the same level and gear. Valheim for instance does it but a full fantasy game. So like, I played myself and got my wizard to lev 18 and with gear. Is there a game where I can now take that lev 18 wizard with the same gear, join my friends server to help him kill a boss and pick up items there, and than come back to play solo again whenever I want. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,457
    You can try Craftopia. It has magic and stuff.
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    edited March 2023
    On public servers yes, private no.

Dont think a game exists like Valheim that will let you move around private servers with your gear.

Similiar to Valheim but with magic (without private server gear transfer) are below, I know thats not your requirement but thought I would mention anyway.  You can play single player private, but will have to make a new character if you switch servers.

1.) V Rising - I would solid recommend this game.
    Public servers can move gear, not private thou.  Its alot like valheim. Base building, survival, crafting, magic powers, etc... Its vampire themed but lots of different magic powers, so its pretty much full magic fantasy.  Solid game if you like Valheim.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1604030/V_Rising/

2.) Dark and light - This one is mixed, I cant recommend it because its pretty buggy, and devs have abandoned it.
    This one you can move around public servers but not private servers.
    Its basically a buggy ARK version with magic instead.
    Survival, Basebuilding, taming, resource gathering, crafting etc...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/529180/Dark_and_Light/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Fallout 76 offers a version of this, subscibers can set up private world instances which up to 7 others can join, bringing their gear with them. All rewards stay with the player after they leave.

While certainly not a fantasy game there is definitely something quite magical shooting "dragons" (scorched beasts) out of the sky with a .50 cal machine gun.

Mowing down endless waves of ghouls with an automatic combat shotgun can be pretty special too, especially while super jumping in your Red Rocket Power Armor.

Brainy

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    So what your saying is Elder Scrolls using Fallout 76.
  • spectralaspectrala Member UncommonPosts: 95
    There are several massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) that allow players to move between servers with the same character and equipment, such as World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV. These games have large fantasy worlds to explore and often offer a solo campaign mode as well as multiplayer options. However, keep in mind that these games typically require a monthly subscription fee to access all of the content. Additionally, there are several free-to-play games that offer similar features, such as Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I hope this helps!
  • Tobias12345689Tobias12345689 Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Yes I have seen few games like this but they are the games modified by the expert I don't know either these are available on playstore or not
  • Foser99Foser99 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited January 16

While there isn't a specific game that matches your exact criteria, there are a few MMOs and online multiplayer games that offer elements of solo play and the ability to join other players' servers without losing progress. Here are a few games that might come close to what you're looking for:

• The Elder Scrolls Online: This MMORPG offers a vast open world with rich lore and immersive gameplay. While you can play the game solo and experience the main storylines, you also have the option to join other players in cooperative quests, dungeons, and PvP battles. You can seamlessly travel to different servers or instances to play with friends without losing your character's progress.

• Final Fantasy XIV: This popular MMORPG features a deep and engaging storyline, diverse classes, and a beautiful fantasy world to explore. While the game heavily emphasizes group content, including dungeons and raids, it also offers a robust solo experience with an engaging main scenario questline. Players can freely switch between servers within their data center to play with friends or meet new people.

• No Man's Sky: Although not a traditional fantasy game, No Man's Sky is a sandbox exploration game set in a procedurally generated universe. You can freely explore planets, gather resources, build bases, and even encounter other players. While the game doesn't have a traditional server system, you can join random encounters or coordinate with friends to explore the vast universe together.

• Wrath of the Lich King (WoW): Wrath of the Lich King is the second expansion of World of Warcraft. It introduces the continent of Nordskol and the powerful Lich King Arthas. With a level cap of 80, new dungeons and raids, and the Death Knight hero class, it offers an exciting PvE and PvP experience.

• Lost Ark: Lost Ark is a long-awaited action MMORPG. Set in a vivid fantasy world, it has an epic storyline, a variety of classes, and intense combat. Players can explore vast continents, take part in exciting raids, and engage in strategic PvP battles. The game offers stunning visuals, deep character customization, and a variety of activities.

Post edited by StevenWeber on
    Brainy