Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"People saying scam and ‘ugh’ are just brain dead headline followers."

13»

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    While I'm not completely against the idea of NFT's in games, I definitely don't want it being the centerpoint and it seems like this game has been advertised heavily around NFT's just like every other web3 and NFT game, instead of around gameplay. The most common thing when you go to an NFT games site, is seeing absolutely nothing about the game and just heavy buzzwords everywhere and a link to a shop where you see what people are buying things for. 

The other problem is and will continue to be hacking. Shooters are THE most hacked game out of everything, and it's easy to do. There is absolutely no way they prevent cheaters even with insanely invasive anti cheat, I can't see a way around catching basic things like a trigger bot that is largely not detectable. It's already a huge frustration in just basic shooters, even shooters with kernal anti cheat which everyone complains about, so why wouldn't it be an even bigger problem in a game with real money tied to in game items. If large companies can't do anti cheat, I just can't see a game being made by a new company even with heavy funding would have some magic anti cheat. 
    MendelKyleranfinefluff
  • UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    I just have to wonder how broken the game economy is for any game item to be worth 100k.

That'd be a helluva whale-centric game. No way it'd be good for the average player.
    Nilden
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited March 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Tulip bulbs all the way down....
    Except when the market crashes, you can't eat your NFTs.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Toilet paper is worth more than NFTs seeing as one can wipe their butt with one and not the other.
    KyleranAndemnonkitaradDibdabs
    Chamber of Chains
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Ubisoft tried NFT and it was a dumpster fire. EA ditched the idea of NFT. Microsoft is anti-NFT. Activision Blizzard insist they aren't doing NFT.

If NFT would be a great mainstream money maker they would be all over it.
    KyleranAndemnon
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Uwakionna said:
    I just have to wonder how broken the game economy is for any game item to be worth 100k.

That'd be a helluva whale-centric game. No way it'd be good for the average player.
    Well in reality that would be just as worthless as the NFT's and just like the NFT's nobody would buy it and they can't sell them.

There is a company called Unsellable that pays a fraction of the price and provides tax write offs for these worthless NFT's now. 

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/unsellable-buys-worthless-nfts-taxes/

Uwakionna

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Shaigh said:
    Ubisoft tried NFT and it was a dumpster fire. EA ditched the idea of NFT. Microsoft is anti-NFT. Activision Blizzard insist they aren't doing NFT.

When you think it through, NFT in gaming is dependent on widespread acceptance of Real money trading and pay-to-win not as edge cases but as the norm. That's just not going to happen.
    MendelKyleranfinefluff
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Has anyone else noticed that since crypto went south BcBully's avatar is not looking so healthy anymore?
    What I've noticed is his postings are nothing but quick driveby crypto-trolls which he never sticks around very long to engage others to defend his position.

Understandable really, very difficult to punch your way out of such an  overwhelmingly deep hole.

Thats just it...These guys come around, say they are making all this money, and try to lure in the unsuspecting.....Then they take your RL money and sell you air.....Its nothing more than a con to get you to pay them money.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Iselin said:
    Shaigh said:

When you think it through, NFT in gaming is dependent on widespread acceptance of Real money trading and pay-to-win not as edge cases but as the norm. That's just not going to happen.
    I would make the argument that NFT's are actually worse than pay2win. They are more like pay2nothing.

Cash shops are pretty widespread. NFT's literally offer nothing beyond what these companies are already doing with cash shops.

NFT's are just an example of human gullibility and stupidity.

Top 5 Most Expensive Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs

• Price: $3,408,000
    Actual price none I just copy/pasted it or whatever it would cost to have this printed. The frame will cost you more. It's beyond stupid imho. You are paying to own something the public can reproduce exactly with 2 clicks of a mouse.
    TillerKyleran

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited March 2023
    cheyane said:
    Toilet paper is worth more than NFTs seeing as one can wipe their butt with one and not the other.

I'm sure someone will make a used TP NFT picture now that you said that.
    kitarad
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter