Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation's Lastest Developer Update Dives Deep Into UI, and Teases Tower of Carphin Dungeon

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation's Lastest Developer Update Dives Deep Into UI, and Teases Tower of Carphin Dungeon | MMORPG.com

The Ashes of Creation team's latest development update stream covered some new ground, including UI development process and progress made. There was also an update on character art and a preview of Tower of Carphin, an upcoming lore-rich planned dungeon location.

Read the full story here

Comments

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    Looks good, but at the same time - not sure this will come out before it’s become «dated on arrival»
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Eldrach said:

Looks good, but at the same time - not sure this will come out before it’s become «dated on arrival»

This is one game you dont need to worry about that. Its UE5 and their art team is right on top of making this game look and feel great. That being said. UI update that 1.5hrs long?
  • emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Ashes of Creation is a fitting name. Ashes refers to the money being burned through to not have a game that is even close to creation.

KyleranRemaliScotMallyxTruvidiennSmeaghoul
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Nanfoodle said:

Eldrach said:

This is one game you dont need to worry about that. Its UE5 and their art team is right on top of making this game look and feel great. That being said. UI update that 1.5hrs long?
    And about 3 years too late if the original release dates were ever near realistic rather than just total fabrications.

"Looking Great for "28"

2028 that is....

IceAgeSarla

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Nanfoodle said:

Eldrach said:

And about 3 years too late if the original release dates were ever near realistic rather than just total fabrications.

"Looking Great for "28"

2028 that is....

Anyone that thought the original projection was possible, well I have a bridge to sell you. Also this game is looking to not be pulling any punches. My guess is most won't care how long it took if Ashes turns out to be the game it's shaping up to be.
    Kyleran
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Nanfoodle said:

Kyleran said:

Nanfoodle said:

Eldrach said:

"Looking Great for "28"

2028 that is....

Anyone that thought the original projection was possible, well I have a bridge to sell you. 
    Instead of a bridge how about some nice Xango Juice from an MLM campaign?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Yea 8 years is nothing these days for game development time. Just another 6 or so years to iron out the details and maybe a public beta before 2030. Ya'll are just too demanding.
    KyleranMallyx
    Nanfoodle said:

Kyleran said:

Nanfoodle said:

Eldrach said:

"Looking Great for "28"

2028 that is....

Anyone that thought the original projection was possible, well I have a bridge to sell you. Also this game is looking to not be pulling any punches. My guess is most won't care how long it took if Ashes turns out to be the game it's shaping up to be.
    Only indie game development leads believe their original projections, everyone else pretty much knows dev estimates are full of it.

Guess they never stay in a Holiday Inn Express like the rest of us.

:D 

NanfoodleMendel

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    So any takers? I am putting launch down for 2027, that gives them another four years. Place your bets. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I hope this game delivers on their promise. But the fact that its led by an utter douchebag is what turns me off.
    Slapshot1188

mmorpg junkie since 1999

Mensur said:
    I hope this game delivers on their promise. But the fact that its led by an utter douchebag is what turns me off.
    To be honest with you I think gamers have more concerns with indie MMOs than the personal qualities of their team. I don't play a game to make friends with the staff so I don't care who they are.
    Mensur
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    edited February 2023

Scot said:

Mensur said:

To be honest with you I think gamers have more concerns with indie MMOs than the personal qualities of their team. I don't play a game to make friends with the staff so I don't care who they are.

Neither do I. (although I would like to be your friend <3 feels like I have known your for years on the forums kek) But when a CEO smirks at any competition and thinks he is a god in the gaming industry but never made a game- makes me think something is SUS.
    Post edited by Mensur on
    KyleranNanfoodleScotMendel

mmorpg junkie since 1999

Mensur said:

Scot said:

Mensur said:

Neither do I. (although I would like to be your friend <3 feels like I have known your for years on the forums kek) But when a CEO smirks at any competition and thinks he is a god in gaming the industry but never made a game makes me think something is SUS. </div>

Steven thought he had some some cute word play on the release date. His time line was 100% suspect. He did learn that doing that type of thing causes backlash. He has not done that since. Its upsetting developers think its ok to try and mess with gamers heads and expectations. Most would like to hear the facts over having their ears tickled.
    MensurKyleranMendelTacticalZombeh
    Mensur said:

Scot said:

Mensur said:

Neither do I. (although I would like to be your friend <3 feels like I have known your for years on the forums kek) But when a CEO smirks at any competition and thinks he is a god in gaming the industry but never made a game makes me think something is SUS.
    Just look at how he made his money to get started. XANGO Juice MLM. 

I think there is a difference between consuming the product and tossing your money at the guy based on promises (XANGO JUICE!!!).

He won't get a cent of mine until the game releases and proves to deliver on his promises.  But if he delivers... sure.  Whatever year that might be.
    RemaliNanfoodleKyleranMensur

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Mensur said:

Scot said:

Mensur said:

Neither do I. (although I would like to be your friend <3 feels like I have known your for years on the forums kek) But when a CEO smirks at any competition and thinks he is a god in the gaming industry but never made a game- makes me think something is SUS.
    I think of any long term poster on here as a forum friend, though such relationships can be fraught sometimes. :)
    MendelMensur
    Ah ha, my plan is working.

>:) 
    Scot

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Kyleran said:
    Ah ha, my plan is working.

>:) 

You had a plan?  I'm just winging it.

Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Smeaghoul said:
    Another Star Citizen in the making, continue to sell cosmetics at outrageous prices and never getting closer to an actual release date...
    I’m pretty sure Stephen dreams of being Chris Roberts.  But for all his MLM experience he’s not the marketer that Sandi is.
    Kyleran

• The user and all related content has been deleted.