Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Outer Worlds Spacer's Choice Edition, With All DLC, Updated Visuals, and Performance Out on Marc

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Outer Worlds Spacer's Choice Edition, With All DLC, Updated Visuals, and Performance Out on March 7th | MMORPG.com

The Outer Worlds is getting a special repackaged edition, the Spacer's Choice Edition, on March 7th. This will include the base game and both of the game's DLC releases.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited February 2023
    Hmm I have bought but have not played it yet, not sure about that "upgraded to your current system" remark for PC, presumably you just get better graphics?
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    I played the base game and it was good
    Maybe now is time to get the dlc as well
  • AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,164
    eh, I played this a bit and was very 'meh' about the game. For a game supposedly about adventuring in space it has very tightly confined maps. The story is on-rails linear, and there was zero sense of exploration or even openness. It's very much "Clear map A to unlock map B, now clear map B to unlock map C". The writing and visual style feels like they're really going for a "Fallout in space" spiritual successor type game. The problem with that is the game is so confining compared to how open the Fallout series is that it feels like a cheap ripoff. I haven't finished it. Don't feel super motivated to go back for any DLC.
    KyleranKimo
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    edited February 2023
    Angrakhan said:
    eh, I played this a bit and was very 'meh' about the game. For a game supposedly about adventuring in space it has very tightly confined maps. The story is on-rails linear, and there was zero sense of exploration or even openness. It's very much "Clear map A to unlock map B, now clear map B to unlock map C". The writing and visual style feels like they're really going for a "Fallout in space" spiritual successor type game. The problem with that is the game is so confining compared to how open the Fallout series is that it feels like a cheap ripoff. I haven't finished it. Don't feel super motivated to go back for any DLC.
    For me, that is actually the reason i liked it. Unlike Bethesda games - the maps are, not small, but quite confined. There is ample reason to explore though, as the maps are filled with handplaced secrets and lore. The story moves forward at a reasonable pace and unlike Bethesda games, you don’t forget about the mainplot due to being distracted by a 1000 mile pilgrimage up a far off mountain (although that is also really cool, not every game has to follow that formula). You do have some «choices» to make during gameplay that changes things along the way, not in a big way - but enough that you’ll notice. 
    It allows for some funny builds and had a pletora of cool weaponary.

Can easily recommend it as a cool space adventure, as long as you’re cool with it not being a massive open world game

KyleranValdheimRemaliTacticalZombeh
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.