Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gloria Victis Overhauls Crafting Quests and Hotfixes Launch Issues and Bugs | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2023 in News & Features Discussion

imageGloria Victis Overhauls Crafting Quests and Hotfixes Launch Issues and Bugs | MMORPG.com

Yesterday, Gloria Victis launched out of Early Access with overhauled crafting quests, and tweaks to progression. There were some launch issues that got a hotfix with some workarounds.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Anyone of you guys playing this right now?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited February 2023
    Keeping my eye on it, I don't play games as they come out at launch, not enough reviews and no time for the team to sort out issues found when the players pour in. I too would be interested to see what anyone was making of the launch.
    DigDuggy
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    No pve and no magic gets a pass from me unfortunatly
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161
    I picked it up since it was $10. I think it's worth that, but it's very niche. Not expecting it to get the population required to make it really feel alive.
    Kyleran
    HazenXIII said:
    I picked it up since it was $10. I think it's worth that, but it's very niche. Not expecting it to get the population required to make it really feel alive.
    Ture, but It might be like Albion Online, starts small and gets bigger, we shall see.
    KyleranDigDuggy
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Scot said:
    HazenXIII said:
    Ture, but It might be like Albion Online, starts small and gets bigger, we shall see.
    Didn't know Albion Online was doing this well. That's nice!

I remember that my guild among others from Darkfall (and Mortal online guilds as well) were invited very early on in the development. I grew tired of the concept quickly. Played a bit at launch and there simply wasn't enough sand in the box for my liking. The progression was numbly linear.

How much sand in the box is there in Gloria Victis? 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Remali said:
    Must be at least a little PVE since the article discussed opening day issues with bugged bosses and overhauls to crafting quests.

Wait, you did read the article, yes?

HazenXIII said:
    I also bought it for $10 just in case I might want to give it a try in the future when and if they get their issues settled and I see evidence of Albion like growth and longevity.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    Scot said:
    HazenXIII said:

I remember that my guild among others from Darkfall (and Mortal online guilds as well) were invited very early on in the development. I grew tired of the concept quickly. Played a bit at launch and there simply wasn't enough sand in the box for my liking. The progression was numbly linear.

I jump in to Albion periodically, and I'm surprised at how 'alive' it is.  There are always seems to be a pretty good pop.
    Kyleran
    Qbertq said:
    Scot said:
    HazenXIII said:

I jump in to Albion periodically, and I'm surprised at how 'alive' it is.  There are always seems to be a pretty good pop.
    To my mind it is the indie MMO success story, though I am not sure how crowd funded it was? Apart from Project Gorgon, few posters will even mention others.
  • husscoolhusscool Member UncommonPosts: 77
    edited February 2023
    As someone who started fresh on a new beginning server two days ago I can tell you this game is very niche. The leveling experience is repetitive(boring) and only meant to introduce you to the systems of the game. I did 1-60 in 2 days(100 is the max). You can start joining siege PVP events at 45(non-loot).

The game is focused on the never ending war between the three factions. On Holmridge(NA) there are enough players for giant battles so now is the time to play if you wanna experience castle siege PVP.

I have to wonder if its worth playing this over a game like New World that has infinitely better graphics and a superior crafting system. For someone like me who played 150 hours of New World and isn't addicted, it was worth trying a diff MMO that does the same thing.
    ScotKyleran
  • Blowfeld81Blowfeld81 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    The difference with Albion is, that after almost a decade of early access Gloria Victis still feels like an unfinished buggy mess and 1.0 is just slammed on as they realized they will never polish it enough anyway.

The only thing the game has going for it is the pvp, but even that lost its novelty by now.

Backed it 5 years ago. Back then it felt raw, janky but full of promise. Now it feels dated, buggy and 90% of the stuff you are doing besides of PVP is like a collection of the worst that MMOs can deliver.
    Kyleranashiru_1978
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Anyone of you guys playing this right now?

I have a free copy, but I'm not playing it, I thought I would after the 1.0 release, but I think I won't. I will wait and look at SteamDB to see for how long the new population spike will last first.

The difference with Albion is, that after almost a decade of early access Gloria Victis still feels like an unfinished buggy mess and 1.0 is just slammed on as they realized they will never polish it enough anyway.

The only thing the game has going for it is the pvp, but even that lost its novelty by now.

Backed it 5 years ago. Back then it felt raw, janky but full of promise. Now it feels dated, buggy and 90% of the stuff you are doing besides of PVP is like a collection of the worst that MMOs can deliver.

You are not wrong, performance in the game is so bad, it feels like you're moving through mud at all times. It gets a little better if you set all graphics to the lowest, but then the game looks horrible.

I found out even more things that I don't like about the game - apparently horses (mounts) age so your horse may die of old age (but for some reason your characters stays the same age forever... tremendous logic), gear also degrades and you're forced to craft new one, even repairing it reduces its durability.

It's as if it's a game built for masochists who want to suffer every step of the way.
    Scot
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Remali said:

There is some PvE and a good deal of crafting, so it isn't entirely PvP focused.
    Kyleran
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445

Remali said:

It has plenty of PVE but no magic.
    Relampago said:

Remali said:

It has plenty of PVE but no magic.
    I did not realise that myself, is that a later addition to the game?