Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If your game is around a decade in development should you really be highlighting concept art?

1235»

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited February 2023
    AlBQuirky said:
    nurso said:
    nurso said:
    Kyleran said:
    Pantheon team often mentions their pledge page during their live streams for anyone who like what they see and want to support the project.

Been a definite effort on their part to build a sense of FOMO in their $500 level backers to try and get them to antee up and upgrade their packages to at least the $750 tier so they can be part of the monthly pre-alpha testing announced for 2023.
    One can join the weekly test of Camelot Unchained with 60 USD.

So you did ? How are those tests ?
    Yes, I did. The tests are fine... they're just tests. I mean, what exactly do you want me to say?
    How about your thoughts on the progress of the game?

Is it fun?
    Is the combat good/bad/meh?
    What game play loops have you experienced?
    How are the assets?
    How is "the world?"
    What state do YOU feel it is in? Close to done? Alpha state? Beta state? Just patchwork?

And finally, Would you recommend?

You know... Simple questions that could be easily answered by people playing a game.
    Here are my NDA approved answers:

- Is it fun? No
    - Is the combat good/bad/meh? Classes and races are interesting, actual fighting is meh and never at a large scale (not even 10+ people)
    - What gameplay loops have you experienced? Can’t go into detail but they are limited and not ‘connected’ so to speak
    - How are the assets? Compared to the art work, poor
    - How is the world? Hahahaha
    - What state do you feel it is in? Halfway through Alpha, but without sufficient players/testers

Would you recommend? God no.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AlBQuirkyBrainyRemalinursoThe_Korrigan
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    nurso said:
    nurso said:
    Kyleran said:
    Pantheon team often mentions their pledge page during their live streams for anyone who like what they see and want to support the project.

Been a definite effort on their part to build a sense of FOMO in their $500 level backers to try and get them to antee up and upgrade their packages to at least the $750 tier so they can be part of the monthly pre-alpha testing announced for 2023.

Yes, I did. The tests are fine... they're just tests. I mean, what exactly do you want me to say?

Is it fun?
    How are the assets?
    How is "the world?"
    What state do YOU feel it is in? Close to done? Alpha state? Beta state? Just patchwork?

You know... Simple questions that could be easily answered by people playing a game.

- Is it fun? No
    - Is the combat good/bad/meh? Classes and races are interesting, actual fighting is meh and never at a large scale (not even 10+ people)
    - What gameplay loops have you experienced? Can’t go into detail but they are limited and not ‘connected’ so to speak
    - What state do you feel it is in? Halfway through Alpha, but without sufficient players/testers

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Now your response I believe, as it is inline with what many others have shared on one of the CU subreddit s while the other poster' seems a bit disingenuous to me, unless they really enjoy testing as a hobby.

They would also be literally the only person I've ever seen say they are currently enjoying themselves in the test environment in the past two or three years.

I'm actually an alpha backer who could check the game out but from what I've read it's not something I would enjoy so I haven't bothered.

BrainyAlBQuirkyThe_Korrigan

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    Kyleran said:
    Now your response I believe, as it is inline with what many others have shared on one of the CU subreddit s while the other poster' seems a bit disingenuous to me, unless they really enjoy testing as a hobby.

They would also be literally the only person I've ever seen say they are currently enjoying themselves in the test environment in the past two or three years.

I'm actually an alpha backer who could check the game out but from what I've read it's not something I would enjoy so I haven't bothered.

I think some people are just fanbois and feel like they have to help sell the game.  They HOPE it will be good, and giving the game all the benefit of doubt, at no point do they actually judge the game based on what its offering currently or even realistically looking into the future of what it will be.

I have seen people do this and only play a game for like 2 weeks, then bamm off to the next project hyping that.  Its like their reputation doesnt even matter to them.
    AlBQuirkyKyleran
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Kyleran said:
    Not for this game, but with City of Titans, I backed it. I think they have had a couple of "test runs" which I avoided. I don't to go through whatever they have done. I'd rather wait for the release and get that "first time" feel :)

If they want to run a "server test" type test, I'll see if I'm available.
    Kyleran

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• nursonurso Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Kyleran said:

In case you didn't notice, I was quoting The_Korrigan. So please take my posting as an attempt to be funny.

lahnmir has already expressed it quite well, what is currently going on in the tests. But to be clear, I don't agree with him 100%.
    AlBQuirky
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    nurso said:
    Kyleran said:

In case you didn't notice, I was quoting The_Korrigan. So please take my posting as an attempt to be funny.

lahnmir has already expressed it quite well, what is currently going on in the tests. But to be clear, I don't agree with him 100%.
    Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinions which often differ from others.
    ScotAlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Kyleran said:
    nurso said:
    Kyleran said:

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinions which often differ from others.
    Yes, this is not Twitter, you are allowed to have your own options here. :) 
    AlBQuirky
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    nurso said:
    nurso said:
    Kyleran said:

Is it fun?
    How are the assets?
    How is "the world?"

- Is it fun? No

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Aren't you a DAoC fan, Lahnmir ?
    If yes, you must be so disapointed so far...
    AlBQuirky
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    nurso said:
    nurso said:
    Kyleran said:

Is it fun?
    How are the assets?
    How is "the world?"

- Is it fun? No

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Aren't you a DAoC fan, Lahnmir ?
    If yes, you must be so disapointed so far...
    Heh I'm a DAoC fan and it was awesome. I loved Darkness Falls, the three faction setup, realm pvp, and /hood was one of the best things ever. 

CU doesn't even come close to the original at this point. It's not just disappointing it's downright embarrassing. I question how much Mark Jacobs even did on the original besides maybe the general idea.
    KyleranThe_KorriganScotAlBQuirky

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• mekheremekhere Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Nilden said:
    Heh I'm a DAoC fan and it was awesome. I loved Darkness Falls, the three faction setup, realm pvp, and /hood was one of the best things ever. 

CU doesn't even come close to the original at this point. It's not just disappointing it's downright embarrassing. I question how much Mark Jacobs even did on the original besides maybe the general idea.
    Lucky for us he sold DAOC to EA for 43 million. If you want another DAOC start lobbying EA and not Marc Jacobs. 
    KyleranAlBQuirky
    This user is a registered flex offender. 
    Someone who is registered as being a flex offender is a person who feels the need to flex about everything they say.
    Always be the guy that paints the house in the dark.  
    Lucidity can be forged with enough liquidity and pharmed for decades with enough compound interest that a reachable profit would never end.