Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List 1 feature for your perfect MMO

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Tiller said:
    Most of what other have stated plus No exploiters, bots or gold sellers.
    Please....let's keep the requests realistic, Fantasy Island is over that ways -->

;)

giantessfanAmarantharOG_SolareusScotAlBQuirkydelete5230Andemnon

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    A world alive, meaning:
    - npc going on their own impactful business (summoning demons, running the inn, gathering/selling resources, waging wars, and so on)
    - impactful events

AmarantharOG_SolareusDibdabsAlBQuirkydelete5230Andemnon
  • giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Kyleran said:
    Tiller said:
    Please....let's keep the requests realistic, Fantasy Island is over that ways -->

;)

Mine is probably out too. Seems like every MMO has to do the fantasy setting. Only a few outliers. 

AlBQuirkyAndemnon
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited January 2023
    multiple races and classes available to play.
    OG_SolareusRemaliAlBQuirkySovrathAdamantine

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    Kyleran said:
    A good reason to interact with other players.

what "feature" does that ?
    AlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Kyleran said:
    Tiller said:

;)

It may be a fantasy world, but not THAT much fantasy. :)
    AlBQuirky
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    Honestly, I would like a scifi game that is much of these things that have been said, but aren't a space simulator.  Something Akin to Anarchy Online would be great.  I like fantasy, but I need a break.  I like scifi, but I want to be able to run around and 'jump' and not 'jump to lightspeed' hehehe I kill me.

AlBQuirkyMendelOG_Solareus
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Iselin said:
    Buzzword-free
    The "marketing departments" hate you! (Why I gave you an "lol" :) )

Differences.
    - Races
    - Cultures
    - Sexes
    - Classes
    - Magic types
    - Combat types
    - Factions

I'm tired of every character able to do everything. Give me reasons to create alts :)
    OG_SolareusDigDuggySovrathRemali

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I enjoy exploration more than anything else. So I want a big, big world I can explore in peace. I don't want players trying to murder me while I explore.
    ScotOG_SolareusAdamantineAlBQuirkyAmarantharcheyane

edited January 2023
    kitarad said:
    I enjoy exploration more than anything else. So I want a big, big world I can explore in peace. I don't want players trying to murder me while I explore.
    I love exploring myself, but the "murdering" can be kept in its own zones, there is a best of both worlds for MMORPGs
    OG_SolareusDigDuggyAlBQuirky
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Classes like:

Plummer
    Electrician
    Bartender 
    Duncan Donuts window girl   
    KyleranOG_SolareusAlBQuirky
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Voxel building feature that isnt Trove/minecraft like art style. 
    OG_SolareusAlBQuirky

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Kyleran said:
    A good reason to interact with other players.

what "feature" does that ?

Perhaps a better question is what features reduce the need for it. Isolate and remove those factors and players will have all kinds of good reasons to interact.

As a side benefit, players will have kinds of reasons to complain because the convenience features that negated reasons to directly interact with others would be gone.
    AlBQuirky
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Subscription based with subscription only servers.

AlBQuirkyAndemnonOG_Solareus
    First and third person perspectives supported.

MendelAlBQuirkyOG_Solareus
    Dynamic and interactive combat system that keeps you on your toes and makes you need to react.
    AlBQuirkyOG_Solareus
    Choices in character creation should be actual choices, not a question if you know how to properly skill your character class.

For example if you create a wizard the choice could be size of mana pool, mana regen speed, and spell damage. So you can prioritize according to your personal preferences. For example if you want to have great peak damage you focus on the spell damage stat. Or if you want to focus on support spells the spell damage stat is your dump stat that you ignore.

Not Strength and Intelligence and I have to put everything in Intelligence anyway or my character is bust.

KyleranAlBQuirkyAmaranthar
  • mekheremekhere Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Open world with no instances.
    My only concern is speed. No one wants to wander for hours. 
    AlBQuirky
    This user is a registered flex offender. 
    Someone who is registered as being a flex offender is a person who feels the need to flex about everything they say.
    Always be the guy that paints the house in the dark.  
    Lucidity can be forged with enough liquidity and pharmed for decades with enough compound interest that a reachable profit would never end. 

mekhere said:
    Open world with no instances.
    My only concern is speed. No one wants to wander for hours. 
    If the exploring is good enough I would wander for hours. :)
    OG_SolareusKyleranAlBQuirkyAndemnonAmaranthar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited January 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    PVP only in set arena's with a leaderboard
    hello,
    everyone, does anyone have knowledge about Alienware aurora 2019 this type PC
    Thanks!
    Leaderboards lead to hacking.
    AlBQuirky
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Interaction on a large scale, players and content, in a "realistic" simulation of a world. 

Im never quite sure what people mean by this?...Do you mean it should take alot of time to cook a meal? Sleep? Should we be working 8+ hours in game like we do in real life? Is it realistic to fight a monster, take damage to almost dying, then fight another one seconds later? To me gaming is the escape from realistic, not the mirror image of it.
    AlBQuirkyAndemnonOG_Solareus
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Interaction on a large scale, players and content, in a "realistic" simulation of a world. 

Im never quite sure what people mean by this?...Do you mean it should take alot of time to cook a meal? Sleep? Should we be working 8+ hours in game like we do in real life? Is it realistic to fight a monster, take damage to almost dying, then fight another one seconds later? To me gaming is the escape from realistic, not the mirror image of it.
    Clearly people want to have to "relieve" themselves regularly during a play session, or have the "crap" literally and figuratively scared out of them when being chased by a dragon.

:D 

AlBQuirkyOG_Solareus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Headbutt the rock to mine and be able to make a penis (or something actually cool looking like a house or w/e) into the side of a hill and for it to mean something and be noticed.
    AlBQuirky

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.