Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Game Awards 2022: Keep Up All Of The Major Announcements From Tonight's Show! | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 11,024
edited December 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Game Awards 2022: Keep Up All Of The Major Announcements From Tonight's Show! | MMORPG.com

The Game Awards 2022 are upon us, and amongst all the actual awards will be the usual deluge of world premieres and announcements from companies across the industry. Tune in here as we live blog the show, highlighting all the major announcements from tonight's show!

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 10,400
    OldKingLog
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 790
    A new Armored Core got announced. Kinda wiped out anything else of concern for me. XD
  • ReliquentReliquent Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I'm glad Bill Clinton got the recognition he deserves!

All jokes aside 2023 is looking like an absolute banger. Armored Core VI is definitely the most anticipated for me. There is a severe lack of Mech games in general and bringing back one of the OGs is definitely a win. Also interested in the new Transformers game. The trailer was pretty interesting without giving too much away.

Judas looks interesting, but I'm a bit cautious since Levine doesn't exactly have a good track record. Bioshock Infinite early trailers/previews were vastly different than the final game so I wont trust any trailer or any sort of information about it until the game actually releases.

Hades 2 was the biggest surprise for me. Supergiant has never committed any real sort of sequel or dlc to any of their games and Hades is arguably their strongest narrative and best game in general, so I'm super excited to see what they do with it.

I'm glad Death Stranding is getting a sequel. Kojima's mind is wild and while DS wasn't everyones cup of tea, i still enjoyed it. I'm glad we get to see the DS universe expanded and i cant wait to see what Kojima cooks up.

With Amazon supporting Blue Protocol, I wouldn't be surprised if its a lot closer than we think. Was still hoping for a date though. Its been a long time coming and they went silent for a few years. It looks fun, I'm a bit worried its going to be closer to Genshin Impact/Tower of Fantasy instead of a true open world MMO but we will see.

FF16 looks absolutely incredible. It looks so over the top and crazy and I'm absolutely all for it. The music score for the trailer was exhilarating too. It did say at the end that it's a PS5 exclusive until 12/31/2023 so looks like it will hit hopefully at least PC at the beginning of 2024. Unsure if i can wait that long though!

Diablo 4 presentation was cool and Halsey absolutely killed it. SkillUp just released a video on his time with a preview of the game and it looks like its really shaping up to be a true successor to D2, but with the aggressive and downright outrageous monetization of Diablo Immortal its really hard to stay hyped for it. Definitely passing on it until the game comes out and we see what kind of content is locked behind dlc or what the shop is looking like. Immortal looked great until the game actual released and had all the slot machines tacked on.

Elden ring deserved GOTY. They really nailed the world and gameplay, still keeping the gameplay souls-like/difficult but making it a lot more accessible.

Nightingales caught my interest with the trailer. Its a very unique formula and art direction and they've got my eye. The Dune trailer reminded me how cool and perfect the setting for Dune will fit in an open world survival game ala Conan Exiles/ARK. That about wraps up what all caught my interest. TLOA coming to pc is great, Baldurs gate 3 is a lot further out than i thought it would be, Wayfinders looks cool, Jedi Survivor looks excellent, and The Lords of the Fallen has some incredible world design.

I was REALLY disappointed to not see more about Dragon Age: Dreadwolf. Its been under wraps for so damn long, Inquisition came out in 2014. I suppose after scrapping the GAAS model (or altering it?) its taking them longer, but still. A 1 minute cinematic did come out but I'm really craving some actual meat of the game. Inquisition was great but suffers from the previous console generation. I'm super pumped to see what they do with some real tech.

As a final note, Its incredible how hard i cringe every time any sort of news or trailer comes out for Forspoken. I'm convinced its an elaborate joke to get people talking about the game more.

Uwakionna said:

A new Armored Core got announced. Kinda wiped out anything else of concern for me. XD

Yeah same here, mech games are what is needed.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 4,938
    Remnant 2. And some other other stuff.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,313
    A dark action RPG by the minds behind Life is Hipsters was not on my bingo card.

Aeander said:

A dark action RPG by the minds behind Life is Hipsters was not on my bingo card.

lmao, I actually liked the first Life is Strange. I didn't play the any of the stuff afterwards though, so not sure how bad or good they were.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,954
    Reliquent said:
    I'm glad Bill Clinton got the recognition he deserves!

Ha!

yeah, I was wondering about that kid. My first reaction was that the kid was part of the group but he was acting unprofessional with how he was shifting back and forth ...

"you can see him waiting patiently in the background, nervously shuffling back and forth and repeatedly licking his lips, preparing for his fifteen seconds of internet fame."

In any case it seems he wasn't supposed to be there and was arrested.

https://kotaku.com/game-awards-2022-bill-clinton-orthodox-rabbi-elden-ring-1849873240
    OldKingLog
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • giantessfangiantessfan Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Tiller said:
    It wasn't bots. I won one during that time period. It was more that the bot couldn't keep up so it was shooting the same number over and over again. When you refreshed the page the acutual name would pop up before becoming a number again
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,313
    Tiller said:

Aeander said:

lmao, I actually liked the first Life is Strange. I didn't play the any of the stuff afterwards though, so not sure how bad or good they were.
    I'm not even saying it's bad. It's just incredibly jarring. Imagine if the team behind Animal Crossing decided their next game should be like Mortal Kombat.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,423
    Dang, for an awards show, it seemed to spend a lot more time on things that haven't come out yet than on actual awards.