Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If things don't change...

AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
Then everything will stay the same.

Arguments? 
 B) 

Once upon a time....

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    The only constant is change.
  • mekheremekhere Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Then everything will stay the same.

Arguments? 
     B) 
    One day the SEC will fail to attest a game studios financial records and force the programmers back to work to develop pay to play games and pay the gamers back they so cowardly stabbed in the back. I win the thead. 
    Either that, or a new hope will emerge from Star Wars galaxies and bring some sexy back to games.
    This user is a registered flex offender. 
    Someone who is registered as being a flex offender is a person who feels the need to flex about everything they say.
    Always be the guy that paints the house in the dark.  
    Lucidity can be forged with enough liquidity and pharmed for decades with enough compound interest that a reachable profit would never end. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Change does not always go in a desirable  direction, at least not for all parties concerned.
    SovrathSlapshot1188

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited November 2022
    If change stopped, that would be a major change compared to the normal situation that things change. Therefore we must conclude that if things don't change then they will change.

Also after careful examination I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what this thread is about.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Vrika said:
    If change stopped, that would be a major change compared to the normal situation that things change. Therefore we must conclude that if things don't change then they will change.

Also after careful examination I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what this thread is about.
    Just about change. Will MMORPGs change? Or not? 
    Would it be good or bad or indifferent? 
    Is indifferent really change? 
    Whatever pops in a person's mind. 

Once upon a time....

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Change this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited November 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
    Kyleran said:
    Change does not always go in a desirable  direction, at least not for all parties concerned.

True,
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Adapt or die. Goes for everything, everywhere, any time. Its a universal law.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574
    Change is good otherwise everything becomes stale and predictable, classes changing every expansion/season is a great

The devs often have a direction they wish to go, from my perspective certain players refuse to acknowledge this and instead believe themselves entitled to tell devs what direction the game should go.

The sense of entitlement usually comes from the more high end crowd that believes they have beaten the game and the game should now follow their desired direction since they unironically see themselves as superior to the average casual player lol

This level of entitlement is why you see certain very loud minorities moan about the same thing again and again every season since they believe themselves important enough to be listened to.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited November 2022
    And I was agonising over having to come up with a well thought out premise and depth for a new thread. :D
    Kyleran
    Change is good otherwise everything becomes stale and predictable, classes changing every expansion/season is a great

The devs often have a direction they wish to go, from my perspective certain players refuse to acknowledge this and instead believe themselves entitled to tell devs what direction the game should go.

The sense of entitlement usually comes from the more high end crowd that believes they have beaten the game and the game should now follow their desired direction since they unironically see themselves as superior to the average casual player lol

This level of entitlement is why you see certain very loud minorities moan about the same thing again and again every season since they believe themselves important enough to be listened to.

Moaning about the same thing again and again well describes your incessant bleating over the degree of entitlement you presume in others.
    Kyleran
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited November 2022
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
     Inless your rich and know the right people you can get anything done.

In Scranton Pa... If you know the city council and County Commissioner you can even buy happiness 
    dragonlee66
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited November 2022
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
     Inless your rich and know the right people you can get anything done.

In Scranton Pa... If you know the city council and County Commissioner you can even buy happiness 
    You ever been to Scranton?  I have, happiness would come pretty cheap there I'm thinking.

But hey, Harry Chapin once sang a song about Scranton.

30K Pounds of Bananas 

delete5230dragonlee66

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,172
    If the only constant is change then if things are changing then really nothing has changed. Noodle on that.
    Scot said:
    And I was agonising over having to come up with a well thought out premise and depth for a new thread. :D
    I got tired of waiting on you.  >:)
    Scot

Once upon a time....

Angrakhan said:
    If the only constant is change then if things are changing then really nothing has changed. Noodle on that.

Constant change can not at the same time be no change.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Uh-hu.

So how about we change and adapt when its actually necessary to change and adapt.

And not randomly, quasi on principle ?

Dont fix what isnt broken in the first place.

Kyleran
    Uh-hu.

So how about we change and adapt when its actually necessary to change and adapt.

And not randomly, quasi on principle ?

Dont fix what isnt broken in the first place.

How about we have some variety, instead of this constancy of the one system that rules them all and is defended with zeal against any competition or even discussion? 

What are you afraid of? 
    That gamers might realize that there is more than one way to make a game?
    That "fixed and scriptable" is a sad way to make "games"? 
    That unpredictable is more fun than the predictable? 

Once upon a time....

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Especially "die".
    edited November 2022
    eoloe said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Especially "die".
    Did ya read something you don't want to see? 
    The stranglehold on MMORPGs is slipping away, with or without me. I think you know it or you wouldn't feel threatened by someone's opinion. 

Once upon a time....

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    eoloe said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Especially "die".
    The stranglehold on MMORPGs is slipping away, with or without me. I think you know it or you wouldn't feel threatened by someone's opinion. 

Threatened? LOL where did you fish this? :o

No, I was bouncing on the "adapt or die" comment. Living creatures adapt or die. Stars just die. So the rule is just everything dies. Do you feel threatened by the topic of death ;)

As for the current thread and games trends, I would consider first that genres are particularly resilient.
    Nowadays you still have platforming games or shooter games created despite the fact that their concept is several decades old.

So yes, shooters evolved (progression, story, hero-based, etc.) but at the end of the day you are still aiming/clicking as fast as you can on your target to kill it.

I would like to see the MMORPGs escape the boring hamster-wheel model that WOW made popular. But truth is that a lot of people enjoy this design, and I bet that even in 20 years, you will still have WOW-clones sitting just by what will be the new evolutions of MMORPGs (whatever it will be... NFTs in VR?)
    eoloe said:
    eoloe said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Especially "die".

Threatened? LOL where did you fish this? :o

No, I was bouncing on the "adapt or die" comment. Living creatures adapt or die. Stars just die. So the rule is just everything dies. Do you feel threatened by the topic of death ;)

As for the current thread and games trends, I would consider first that genres are particularly resilient.
    Nowadays you still have platforming games or shooter games created despite the fact that their concept is several decades old.

So yes, shooters evolved (progression, story, hero-based, etc.) but at the end of the day you are still aiming/clicking as fast as you can on your target to kill it.

I would like to see the MMORPGs escape the boring hamster-wheel model that WOW made popular. But truth is that a lot of people enjoy this design, and I bet that even in 20 years, you will still have WOW-clones sitting just by what will be the new evolutions of MMORPGs (whatever it will be... NFTs in VR?)
    I got that from the contents of your post and it's timing. 

No, I do not feel threatened by veiled internet threats (intended or perceived). 

I agree that the Themepark Clones will always be around, but when people are making games that are played for fun instead of making money the clones will be the new "niche." 
    Kyleran

Once upon a time....

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited November 2022

If things don't change... I won't be playing MMORPG's anymore!

Post edited by Tokken on
    delete5230

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    If you never change your clothes, your smell will get worse?
    ScoteoloeKyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter