Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 FREE

Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
edited November 2022 in General Gaming
Like the title says Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is free on steam right now.
Free to keep when you get it before 7 Nov @ 1:00pm. Some limitations apply. (?)

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Scot

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Asm0deus
  • yphanh2002yphanh2002 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Thank you for the heads up
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Thanks

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MorningDawningMorningDawning Newbie CommonPosts: 20
    edited January 2023

Admirers of Warhammer! 

A WH40K MMORPG—will there ever be one?

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium was killed off with THQ and already had a lot of design modifications.

Third-person shooter Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is available online.

Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor is a subpar ARPG similar to Diablo 3.

When will there be a REAL Warhammer 40k MMORPG? 

And by -RPG with appropriate PvE, I mean. This is the ideal IP or franchise to do it under. The Imperium, Chaos, Orks, Eldar, Necrons, Tyranids, Tau, Dark Eldar, and other factions are among them. This universe has vast lore. The narrative might take place at any time or place. There is always something going on. Sectors, sub-sectors, systems, the Warp, space hulks, dead worlds, and web ways. If it occurs, I anticipate a P2W cash grab with constrained factions and simplified gameplay, which is terrible since I can think of many possibilities. For example, picture playing a chaos sorcerer who becomes a daemon, a Necron who has risen from centuries of sleep, a warboss Ork, or a Tyranid who has developed its bioweaponry. You could play with a wide variety of races and classes. And there are countless potential raids. Unknown planets, infected worlds, chaos realms, orcs' strongholds, abandoned spacecraft.

What about me?

My name is Gustavo, and My hobby is painting figures from waha. Also, I am the founder on this page, where I now work on new games. I have an idea to take some slots base on WARHAMMER 40000 after the success of our popular game Buffalo. If you have some ideas, you can write me.

Post edited by MorningDawning on
    Remali
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,424
    edited January 2023
    Admirers of Warhammer! 
    A WH40K MMORPG—will there ever be one?

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium was killed off with THQ and already had a lot of design modifications.

Third-person shooter Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is available online.

Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor is a subpar ARPG similar to Diablo 3.

When will there really be a REAL Warhammer 40k MMORPG? 
    And by -RPG with appropriate PvE, I mean. 
    This is pretty much the ideal IP or franchise to do it under. 
    The Imperium, Chaos, Orks, Eldar, Necrons, Tyranids, Tau, Dark Eldar, and other factions are among them. 
    This universe has a vast lore. 
    The narrative might take place at any time or place. 
    There is always something going on. 
    Sectors, sub-sectors, systems, the Warp, space hulks, dead worlds, and webways.
    In the event that it occurs, I kind of anticipate a P2W cash grab with constrained factions and simplified gameplay. Which is terrible since I can think of a TON of possibilities. For example, picture playing a chaos sorcerer who becomes a daemon, a Necron who has risen from centuries of sleep, a warboss Ork, or a Tyranid who has developed its own bioweaponry. Really, you could play with a wide variety of races and classes. And there are countless potential raids. Unknown planets, infected worlds, chaos realms, orcs' strongholds, abandoned spacecraft... /endrant

Welcome!

To counter what you are saying: "there is only war". War = PvP. Thus, a "true Warhammer" mmo, apparently, must be PvP focused.

I would love a good Warhammer PvE mmo(tbh, they killed off the primary venue for that), but I don't have big hopes of it ever happening.

Let's see how the Rogue Trader turns out though. I don't really need an mmo, just a good RPG and this is Koronus + Owlcat, so ... should be good.
    Scot
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited January 2023
    I wonder what the amazon/henry cavil warhammer show will turn out like!

For 30 years I have dreamt of seeing a Warhammer universe in live action. Now, after 22 years of experience in this industry, I finally feel that I have the skill set and experience to guide a Warhammer Cinematic Universe into life. Partnering with Natalie Viscuso at Vertigo has been a blessing beyond words, without her we might not have found the perfect home at Amazon. And having a home like Amazon will give us the freedom to be true to the massive scope of Warhammer. To all of you Warhammer fans out there, I promise to respect this IP that we love. I promise to bring you something familiar. And I endeavour to bring you something fantastic that is, as of yet, unseen.

Our first steps are to find our Filmmaker/Creator/Writer. Watch this space, my friends.

For The Emperor!
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmOoVoqsWAw/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=131d16f2-6ffa-4f7a-8431-627fd766c6bb

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited January 2023
    Not as good as I hoped it would be........ just not my kind of game i guess.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,424
    Tokken said:
    Not as good as I hoped it would be........ just not my kind of game i guess.
    It is a Fantasy Left for Dead. With that said, it can be immensely satisfying to play. But! The grind is entirely too much. And I prefer Vermintide 1, it's a much tighter experience. Don't hurt that I have most options available(...after 1000 hours, you'd hope so), so I can focus on FUN, NOT on GRIND.
    Tokken