Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VR MMO Zenith Will Be A PlayStation VR2 Launch Title, Teases 'Next Level Immersive Experience' | MMO

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2022 in Videos Discussion

imageVR MMO Zenith Will Be A PlayStation VR2 Launch Title, Teases 'Next Level Immersive Experience' | MMORPG.com

The next generation of PlayStation VR was unveiled, and we're already starting to see some of the titles confirmed to be coming alongside the updated VR headset. One game, the VR MMO Zenith, confirmed it will coming to the PSVR2 on launch day.

Read the full story here

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    This is a huge W.
    ultimateduck
    Isaiah 41:10
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846
    Sony has gotten so outplayed and sidelined by Microsoft, hope they're not planning on PSVR somehow saving their console.

Yeah, I'm sure Sony's Playstation division is worried about being side lined by selling more consoles and making more money than Xbox.

Hopefully Sony survives this.
    Viper482
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Sony has gotten so outplayed and sidelined by Microsoft, hope they're not planning on PSVR somehow saving their console.

Wtf are you talking about?

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/454643/ps5-vs-xbox-series-xs-sales-comparison-in-the-us-july-2022/#:~:text=The PlayStation 5 has a,the Xbox Series X|S.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140
    edited November 2022

Xiaoki said:

Yeah, I'm sure Sony's Playstation division is worried about being side lined by selling more consoles and making more money than Xbox.

Making more money in exchange for public image seems to be the top priority for Sony anyway. Blocking games from other platforms by time-exclusivity, paying studios not to release their games beyond PS, giving away bonus stuff for PS copies (in CoD), remastering few years old games to sell them once again or offering paid upgrades for cross-gen titles. Really consumer-friendly attitude lol.

Back to the topic - I hope they'll actually invest in RamenVR to make this MMO fully fleshed out in time. Right now, it gets boring really quick.

Shutara said:

Xiaoki said:

Making more money in exchange for public image seems to be the top priority for Sony anyway. Blocking games from other platforms by time-exclusivity, paying studios not to release their games beyond PS, giving away bonus stuff for PS copies (in CoD), remastering few years old games to sell them once again or offering paid upgrades for cross-gen titles. Really consumer-friendly attitude lol.

Back to the topic - I hope they'll actually invest in RamenVR to make this MMO fully fleshed out in time. Right now, it gets boring really quick.

Remember the post this guy was replying to dude and stop taking shit out of context and straw-manning the conversation. The guy said Sony has been sidelined by Microsoft and they need PSVR2 to save them....when the fact is PS outsells XBox. THAT was the point of his reply (and mine), not that Sony is some great company that does everything right.

Viper482 said:

Shutara said:

Xiaoki said:

Remember the post this guy was replying to dude and stop taking shit out of context and straw-manning the conversation. The guy said Sony has been sidelined by Microsoft and they need PSVR2 to save them....when the fact is PS outsells XBox. THAT was the point of his reply (and mine), not that Sony is some great company that does everything right.

But it's You who's now shit-talking and straw-manning, lol ;) First You've fed the obvious troll to make PS-fanboys triggered a little, and now You act like some entitled sheriff, keeper of the light because I wanted to chime in on a fact that "making more money than xbox" (an exact quote) is the major priority for these folks.
    So either join the conversation by agreeing/disagreeing, ignore it if it's too far from Your interest or - and I recommend that - go outside and touch some grass for relaxation purposes man.
    Viper482LackingMMOTheDalaiBomba
  • TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Shutara said:

Xiaoki said:

Hi, welcome to the games industry, where these practices have been in place for decades.
    ShutaraPhaserlight

Talemire said:

This is a huge W.

Agreed this is a good win with the free upgrade for those who have on the original PSVR. That said, the price tag on PSVR2 is eye-watering, especially as it means you need the PS5 as well, which puts the combined hardware costs as >$1k. I know that isn't new in the VR space but I think this is going to severely limit adoption in the first 1-2 years until the price comes down a bit, which is a shame as that only serves to limit the # of people to interact with in VR multiplayer games (whether cooperative or competitive).

Talin said:

Shutara said:

Xiaoki said:

Hi, welcome to the games industry, where these practices have been in place for decades.

I haven't made a slight suggestion that Sony is the sole company that does that, so I'm not sure why You felt the urge to be Captain Obvious here, but at least make Yourself useful and provide some hard examples alongside if You are so well informed. Would be an interesting read for others that don't bother Googling :)
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Platform Angst! Keep Calm and Carry On Posting guys. :)
    Shutara

Scot said:

Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good if the $#it isn't stirred up properly!
  • AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,162
    That's a pretty good piece of tech assuming it actually runs at the required 90fps to achieve immersion and avoid motion sickness in VR. That's a lot of pixels to push and you'd need a high end 3-series Nvidia card or equivalent to do it in combination with a very optimized game engine. I'm a little dubious a console can pull it off, but also very interested to see if it actually can. With the direction PC video card prices are going switching to console gaming is very much on the table for me.

Scot said:

That's the funny thing... PCs are the one "platform" that no one cares about brand, so we are all united. Playstation vs. Xbox vs. Nintendo, Apple vs. Android, they all compete and fight for exclusivity and market share. I personally don't care about brand and focus on finding and playing the best games available. I made the jump back into PC gaming two years ago and couldn't be happier, even though I have a PS5, Xbox One, and Switch (only the last of which I play with any regularity as Nintendo does have some great exclusives).
    Scot
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846
    Talin said:

Scot said:

That's the funny thing... PCs are the one "platform" that no one cares about brand, so we are all united.

Really?

Steam vs Epic Game Store.
    Sensai

Xiaoki said:

Talin said:

Scot said:

That's the funny thing... PCs are the one "platform" that no one cares about brand, so we are all united.

Really?

Steam vs Epic Game Store.

Sure, but you don't have to buy into a single hardware or software ecosystem, so you get the best of both worlds.
    TheDalaiBomba
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269

Yeah... no. More Oculus headsets were sold in 2021 than Xboxs. This doesn't include other VR headsets like PSVR, Valve, HP, etc.

Angrakhan said:

That's a pretty good piece of tech assuming it actually runs at the required 90fps to achieve immersion and avoid motion sickness in VR. That's a lot of pixels to push and you'd need a high end 3-series Nvidia card or equivalent to do it in combination with a very optimized game engine. I'm a little dubious a console can pull it off, but also very interested to see if it actually can. With the direction PC video card prices are going switching to console gaming is very much on the table for me.

I think testing showed that anything over 50 to 60 covered most people. 90 FPS is the sweet spot. I think the PSVR HMD is rates at 120 FPS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Xiaoki said:

MS has made it impossible for them to hold onto exclusives by buying the bigger companies that made the exclusives. Sony is now having to port its remaining exclusives to PC, Microsoft's domain, to keep sales going. And they have no PC platform, so Steam, Epic, and MS are all getting their cuts of Playstations' PC port revenue. Their biggest console sales were to scalpers. Regular people still can't find one on a shelf. So congrats on the sales numbers, selling to people now just holding the consoles in ebay warehouses for ridiculous prices rather than being played and subscribed to. lol  They just lost millions of PS+ customers due to having to make up revenue and deciding to split PS+ into three tiers trying to milk it. 

Between Xbox and PC, there's no need for a Playstation any more. And noone needs another console where you're only buying it for one or two game heavy hitters like Mario and Zelda. Nintendo has that covered.

I'm just an outsider looking in, and maybe I'm wrong and you can feel free to laugh if I'm proven so. But to me, Playstation is on track to go the way of SEGA after the Dreamcast.
    That's a lot of opinion and assumptions from an "outsider looking in".

Xbox not selling has nothing to do with anything else but Xbox not selling. VR is gaining steam and PlayStation offers a pretty decent VR option. Xbox does not. If given the choice, I would go with the PS for that reason alone.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Talin said:

Scot said:

That's the funny thing... PCs are the one "platform" that no one cares about brand, so we are all united. Playstation vs. Xbox vs. Nintendo, Apple vs. Android, they all compete and fight for exclusivity and market share. I personally don't care about brand and focus on finding and playing the best games available. I made the jump back into PC gaming two years ago and couldn't be happier, even though I have a PS5, Xbox One, and Switch (only the last of which I play with any regularity as Nintendo does have some great exclusives).
    I have been known to tease those who do not play on best platform, the PC platform myself, but in recent years the titles coming from other platforms to the PC have been a nice addition, so I try not to pull their noses too much. :)
    ultimateduck

Shutara said:

Viper482 said:

Shutara said:

Xiaoki said:

But it's You who's now shit-talking and straw-manning, lol ;) First You've fed the obvious troll to make PS-fanboys triggered a little, and now You act like some entitled sheriff, keeper of the light because I wanted to chime in on a fact that "making more money than xbox" (an exact quote) is the major priority for these folks.

So either join the conversation by agreeing/disagreeing, ignore it if it's too far from Your interest or - and I recommend that - go outside and touch some grass for relaxation purposes man.

How about you go _______ yourself. Fill in the blank.
    ultimateduck
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Do I have to jump around like a idiot?

.....yes?

Pass
    Why would you have to jump around like an idiot?

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    edited November 2022
    Talin said:

Sure, but you don't have to buy into a single hardware or software ecosystem, so you get the best of both worlds.
    People shit on Epic Games, but I've spent about $70 total on the Epic Games Store and my library is at about a dozen games......  Because I get free games just by having an account.  Compare that with what I've spent on Steam, and I actually am faring far better in terms of value on EGS.

Just claimed Saturnalia and W40K:Mechanicus.

Almost like competition is better than blind trust in Gabe Newell as if he's some kind of Video Game Jesus and Valve is his apostles.  It's a free piece of software, disk space is cheap as hell these days.  There's no excuse to avoid EGS save for serious cases of sour grapes.
  • namcostnamcost Member UncommonPosts: 31
    another game with inflated damage numbers because in reality the game sucks. they have to make it SEEM fun by making damage numbers huge. yikes. steer clear.
    ultimateduckAsm0deus