Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Embers Adrift Drops Story Trailer to Bring Players Up to Speed on Newhaven Ahead of Launch | MMORPG.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    imho this is a scam. looking into the web site other information it feels wrong.
    In what way?  they are literally launching this week and have had 3 or 4 open tests anyone could join.  the game may or may not end up being good... but how is it a scam?

KyleranGinazScot

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    "Mom, can we have Duke Nukem voice guy?"
    "No, we have Duke Nukem voice guy at home."

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    imho this is a scam. looking into the web site other information it feels wrong.
    In what way?  they are literally launching this week and have had 3 or 4 open tests anyone could join.  the game may or may not end up being good... but how is it a scam?

It may end up being hot garbage but it's not a scam.  They're releasing a playable game that appears to have the features it claims it does.  This isn't Chronicles of Elyria v2.0.
    Slapshot1188KyleranUngood

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CalavryCalavry Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Looks like you really need a pre-made group to play this one. Definitely old school in it's pacing as well.

I will be interested to see the game play video reviews.
  • budzibudzi Member UncommonPosts: 68

imho this is a scam. looking into the web site other information it feels wrong. feels like assets from "Chronicles Of Elyria".

You def. did not play the beta to say that
    Kyleran
  • budzibudzi Member UncommonPosts: 68
    The game is great and well balanced. This is a niche game. To have constant new content you have to charge per month. Haters like to hate. This game is great and the devs are really close to the community. Looking forward to grind some, finally. But keep hating, your dream mmo doesnt exist, other than Pantheon nothing else is coming out for the next decade so stop whinning and enjoy, spoiled babies. Just like food, If this game is not made for you, doesnt mean it's not good.
    Kyleran
    budzi said:
    The game is great and well balanced. This is a niche game. To have constant new content you have to charge per month. Haters like to hate. This game is great and the devs are really close to the community. Looking forward to grind some, finally. But keep hating, your dream mmo doesnt exist, other than Pantheon nothing else is coming out for the next decade so stop whinning and enjoy, spoiled babies. Just like food, If this game is not made for you, doesnt mean it's not good.
    Hey @Renfail is this your alt account?  :smile:
    (That was a joke folks)

RenfailScotKyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    There is a game although probably rushing it, small core group of players will play however financially not sure how it will thrive, guessing maybe 1-2k subscribers and box price, would only pay for 1-2 people’s salary. 

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    budzi said:
    Hey @Renfail is this your alt account?  :smile:
    (That was a joke folks)

Hah! 
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited October 2022
    budzi said:
    If this is what you are looking forward to then great, but can you see how even among MMO players who want an old/new school hybrid like me this won't appeal? Even though it ticks some design boxes the game seems very second rate.
  • PuffpuffpassssPuffpuffpassss Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I remember in the 90s and early 2000s getting paid to test games. Now you have to pay to test. Man how times have changed.
    Mendel
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Scot said:
    budzi said:
    If this is what you are looking forward to then great, but can you see how even among MMO players who want an old/new school hybrid like me this won't appeal? Even though it ticks some design boxes the game seems very second rate.
    Quiet you hater!  Go back and eat your baby food.  ;)

Anyone else notice Renfail's been pretty much agreeing with the critical posts here and tagging the more silly attempts to defend it with LOL's like the rest of us do?

:)

RenfailcheyaneScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    budzi said:

Anyone else notice Renfail's been pretty much agreeing with the critical posts here and tagging the more silly attempts to defend it with LOL's like the rest of us do?

Insightful =P
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited October 2022
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    budzi said:

I had that same reaction when I made a comparison to Everquest and he insightfulled (no such word made it up)  my comment.

I want to be clearer. I feel that you can have a lot of elements that make levelling hard or inventory management cumbersome and death punishing but those are not the only things that made up Everquest.

There were a lot of things that lead to the success of the game as an immersive world. It had a very big world albeit separated by zones but each zone had elements that were dangerous and exciting. They had classes with skills and spells that were both unique but gave rise to a lot gameplay like kiting, reverse kiting with fear, charm or tank and spank.

Consider that even finding your class trainer can be an adventure in itself leading to many deaths, it wasn't  bare boned and had multitude of lore to discover but hardly any quests but those that existed were long and epic.

You cannot just slap on a label old school without adding those elements that made a game like Everquest successful. You have to have that thing like the French say 'je ne sais quoi' which I'm sorry to say Embers Adrift lacks in my opinion.
    Kyleran
    Chamber of Chains
    edited October 2022
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    budzi said:

I had noticed and as he has kept an eye on CF MMOs for the site in the past, it cemented my option. Though as I always say these games can get better; maybe it will be worth looking at a year after launch, if you have not put money in you have the luxury of that position for a game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    budzi said:

I had noticed and as he has kept an eye on CF MMOs for the site in the past, it cemented my option. Though as I always say these games can get better; maybe it will be worth looking at a year after launch, if you have not put money in you have the luxury of that position for a game.
    If I were to guess I'd say Renfail's more in the camp of not releasing MMOs until they are mostly "ready" while the current Embers management is more along the lines of ship something, anything, to get some revenues flowing in, and fix it all later.
    BrainyRenfail

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I remember in the 90s and early 2000s getting paid to test games. Now you have to pay to test. Man how times have changed.
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    They had like an open beta of sorts which I tried and what I disliked most was that it was very click heavy. I found myself clicking too much during combat. I cannot play games like that. I prefer games with longer cds.
    Renfail

Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    budzi said:

If I were to guess I'd say Renfail's more in the camp of not releasing MMOs until they are mostly "ready" while the current Embers management is more along the lines of ship something, anything, to get some revenues flowing in, and fix it all later.
    If I had to guess I'd say Renfail's more in the camp of "BURN IT TO THE F'ING GROUND!"

Kyleran

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    If I had to guess I'd say Renfail's more in the camp of "BURN IT TO THE F'ING GROUND!"

Really wish I knew the behind the scenes on really why the CEO Renfail was either forced out or quit.  No clue if it was just a clash of personality or clash of ideas.

I know he was super conceited, but a lot of talented people are that way.  So that in itself is not a disqualifier for me.  But if it was about ideas, it would be interesting to know what he was saying and what the other side wanted.  Because its possible his vision would have been better.

I know they had magic and fantasy while he was there, and removed magic/fantasy after he left, which was a moronic decision.

I do know the devs that stayed were very stubborn and couldn't see the most basic of concepts, probably because of the very little MMO experience they had.

Its hard to know without more information.

RenfailKyleran
    Brainy said:

Really wish I knew the behind the scenes on really why the CEO Renfail was either forced out or quit.  No clue if it was just a clash of personality or clash of ideas.

I know he was super conceited, but a lot of talented people are that way.  So that in itself is not a disqualifier for me.  But if it was about ideas, it would be interesting to know what he was saying and what the other side wanted.  Because its possible his vision would have been better.

I know they had magic and fantasy while he was there, and removed magic/fantasy after he left, which was a moronic decision.

I do know the devs that stayed were very stubborn and couldn't see the most basic of concepts, probably because of the very little MMO experience they had.

Its hard to know without more information.

Actually from the very beginning it was supposed to be a very low magic world at the start. With magic items extremely rare and I think no spellcasters.  I think the idea was to slowly introduce the magic back into the world.  Which I think is pretty much what they are still doing, just renamed as Embers.

https://mmos.com/editorials/interview-with-stormhaven-studios-developers-of-the-saga-of-lucimia
    BrainyKyleran