Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games where I can steal from other online players

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
like breaking into someone's rich base and stealing some resources, and the adrenaline rush from breaking in, stealing, and trying to get out undetected. Is there any games on PC or mobile where I can do something like that?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2022
    @badermal is back! I thought this might be you when it popped up in the middle of the night.

Welcome back, haven't heard of any recent games with this mechanic since Shadowbane back in the day.

My guess is because most modern MMOs rarely implement stealth like the old school games where it makes the player totally invisible.

ESO still does, and has a pretty cool PVE based module around it, but you can't steal from other players so not what you are seeking.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited October 2022
    Last Oasis may be. What about Mortal Online 2 or Wild Terra 2.
    Chamber of Chains
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Kyleran said:
    @badermal is back! I thought this might be you when it popped up in the middle of the night.

Welcome back, haven't heard of any recent games with this mechanic since Shadowbane back in the day.

My guess is because most modern MMOs rarely implement stealth like the old school games where it makes the player totally invisible.

ESO still does, and has a pretty cool PVE based module around it, but you can't steal from other players so not what you are seeking.

thanks lol you still here and yes there is barely any games like this these days
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    cheyane said:
    wild terra 2 looks but need to check see if its dead or not
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    badermal said:
    like breaking into someone's rich base and stealing some resources, and the adrenaline rush from breaking in, stealing, and trying to get out undetected. Is there any games on PC or mobile where I can do something like that?
    I'd love to see this return to gaming if the game also provides defensive means for 24 hour protection against it. Making it a game between the home owner's strategies vs. the thief's knowledge and capabilities. 

Things like hired NPC guards, trained pets, secret rooms, magical wards, quality locks, magical statues, etc. 

Imagine how much fun that would be to play. Hell, players could devise their own little dungeons under their houses. 

Once upon a time....

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    You're making a new dungeon?  Too bad, Mr. DM, I put contact poison on your copy of Grimtooth's Traps.  Make YOUR saving throw!

strawhat0981AmarantharDibdabsScotKyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    cheyane said:
    Last I heard Mortal Online 2 still did not have the skill implemented.  It was in MO1 but it was still on the MO2 Roadmap last time I looked. 
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    Conan exile ?
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited October 2022
    used to be able to do that on ARK... UO, ESO. Also on Valheim.
    Post edited by Tokken on
    Kyleran

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Mendel said:
    You're making a new dungeon?  Too bad, Mr. DM, I put contact poison on your copy of Grimtooth's Traps.  Make YOUR saving throw!

"You didn't get past the trap at the front door." 
    KyleranMendel

Once upon a time....

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Mendel said:
    I have a copy of that lurking in a box in the attic, believe it or not!  Quite a lot of AD&D 1 and 2 stuff, both Official and things from Judge's Guild.  :)
    Mendel
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    edited October 2022
    LOL there are games which actually offer that ?

Eh, to each their own, I guess.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Some people just like to grief and make others game experience miserable. I like them better in other games than in games I'm playing.
    cheyaneMendelKyleran
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

Some people just like to grief and make others game experience miserable. I like them better in other games than in games I'm playing.

I was going to suggest that maybe some crypto/NFT game has what they want.  There certainly seems to be a lot of theft-like activities involved in that arena.

KyleranAmaranthar

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

You've never experienced "realism" in games until you've had your entire house looted while you were on vacation.  :o 

Once upon a time....

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You've never experienced "realism" in games until you've had your entire house looted while you were on vacation.  :o 
    Which is one reason why the gaming laptop always comes with me on vacation.... ;)

Sorry to hear about your loss...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Which is one reason why the gaming laptop always comes with me on vacation.... ;)

Sorry to hear about your loss...

Ahh, no, that was just a joke, it didn't happen to me. I didn't even have a house yet back in those days. 

Once upon a time....