Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fiio FH7S Hybrid IEM Review | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageFiio FH7S Hybrid IEM Review | MMORPG.com

The Fiio FH5S wowed us with its dragonscale appearance and bright sound, and now Fiio is back with the new and improved FH7S. Is this sci-fi inspired IEM the best under $400? Find out in our review!

Read the full story here

Comments

• AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,171
    Better be pretty amazing for that price point considering you can get a solid set of studio monitors for the same price. Klipsch has a set on sale at that price point for example. Anyway, they may absolutely be worth it, but I'd have to listen myself before dropping that much on earbuds. On the other hand, if they actually levitate while charging like in the first image, then shut up and take my money.
    GameByNight
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Angrakhan said:

Better be pretty amazing for that price point considering you can get a solid set of studio monitors for the same price. Klipsch has a set on sale at that price point for example. Anyway, they may absolutely be worth it, but I'd have to listen myself before dropping that much on earbuds. On the other hand, if they actually levitate while charging like in the first image, then shut up and take my money.

They're very good but definitely expensive. I don't think they really compare to monitors, though. Two different worlds, IMO.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I just don't get why someone would prefer sticking buds in their ears over proper headphones... but I'm old and my Sennheiser 599s will suit me just fine for years :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Iselin said:

I just don't get why someone would prefer sticking buds in their ears over proper headphones... but I'm old and my Sennheiser 599s will suit me just fine for years :)

That's honestly a very good question, and I think there are a few reasons. The biggest is portability. Earbuds are sleeker to take on the go.

The IEM space has also been experiencing a big surge, so we are seeing much more variety there than in headphones. You have earbuds with multiple driver types that changes how they sound. An IEM like this will sound noticeably different thanks to the balanced armatures: crisper in the mids and highs.

The other reason is value. This set is expensive, but there are a lot of options under $100 that sound great. In headphones, you usually have to spend a bit more.

Headphones are a whole different beast though. I have a pair of HD560s that I use when I play on stage because of their excellent clarity and open sound. I've never heard an IEM that sounds as open.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Angrakhan said:

Monitors by design have a flat sound profile.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter